Gransnet forums

Chat

Garden bits and bobs

(29 Posts)
lemongrove Tue 05-Feb-19 11:55:21

Find myself buying all sorts of bits and bobs for the garden
These days (apart from plants, which is why this is under the chat and not gardening heading.)
DH calls it ‘naffery’ grin and any day now I shall be buying fairy lights.
So far I have: solar lights ( twinkly! Pretty!) a lifelike rabbit munching the grass, a bird feeder tray ( for ground feeding birds) with a row of ceramic birds on it, two brightly painted wall pots and a hanging jewelled dragonfly.
I fear this could be catching, as a friend who visited last week for coffee has now succumbed to this and has bought the same dragonfly!
Are there any fellow sufferers out there??

Telly Tue 05-Feb-19 17:43:27

I have four fountains, a hare and a trio of rabbits (both gifts) a birdbath shell (last thing that my mother bought for me) I have a lot of pots and a large blue ceramic pumpkin (can't remember why). We do have a little celebration when all of the fountains are working at the same time.

MaggieMay60 Tue 05-Feb-19 18:47:59

oh Witzend I love the tortoise! Not a fan of bits and bobs in the garden, I much prefer plants, but I do have quite a few terracotta pots which live brighten up the place when filled with flowers!

shysal Tue 05-Feb-19 19:05:16

The plants are the stars of the show but over the last couple of years I have added solar fairy lights around the shed and along the fence as well as stained glass flower lights. They are joined by a large butterfly, a wind spinner and various metal and wooden cats for whom I knitted Santa hats for Christmas tchblush.
Thanks to a generous friend I now have 3 sets of all year round fairy lights in the house too! Great minds think alike as I bought her a string of red chilli ones for her kitchen a la Nigella.