Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Thu 07-Feb-19 06:18:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry and clear here in brackley this morning.
My usual repeat of Tuesday today to Bicester and Buckingham, coffees in cafes and browse and buy in shops.
This last year or so, with my diabetes 2 , I have tried alternative medication such as black seed oil , its helped reduce my weight, plus on blood test a lower reading tempted to try a stronger cumin, but use it sparingly.
Mick

Maimeo Thu 07-Feb-19 08:58:27

Good morning all from sunny but damp Wicklow. Favourite day of the week here, three days hard slog at my busy job over, and DGS here for the day! About to go shopping for healthy fruit for me and choccy croissants for DGS and his Papa - our Thursday treat! Book Club tonight and I’ve nearly 100 pages still to read so might get an hour if DGS takes a wee nap which he does sometimes. Have a good day, all

Marydoll Thu 07-Feb-19 08:59:44

Good morning Mick and all, I'm late to the thread (well, for me) this morning.
I couldn't sleep due to my pain levels, so I got up and got some things done in peace whilst DH was asleep.
So far, I've made soup, tonight's dinner, chelsea buns and bread. Now, I'm exhausted.
DD has a day off, so no doubt, she will appear to cause chaos at some point. She is like whirling dervish! ?
DD, fiancé and DS2 are all coming for dinner tonight. They invited themselves, unaware, that the others had done so too! grin.
We also have DGD to pick up at nursery , she will be ecstatic to see that her auntie has come to pick her up, as she has always been working.
Best wishes to all those having medical appointments today or feeling unwell. flowers

Anniebach Thu 07-Feb-19 08:59:46

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mapleleaf Thu 07-Feb-19 09:00:28

Good morning.
It’s grey and windy here today, but has eased off from raining for the moment.
Meeting some friends for lunch today.
Welcome, Nanabanana1.

oldgaijin Thu 07-Feb-19 09:04:26

Greetings all! It's a bonny day in Aberdeenshire, slightly damp but no frost or wind and the sky is pink and pearly.
Had another eighty mile round trip to check on late Mother's house and found water coming in kitchen ceiling again, so must get roof man back to sort it.
Went to see a friend who had a patch on one eye...she had poked herself in the eye, not realising she had a broken nail, DUH!! Anyway, she was able to laugh at herself although it must have been very painful.
Home again and I had an SOS from a friend whose sewing machine had broken down, so I took my spare one round to her which meant more tea and a blether.
Life's never dull in this North East corner.
Have a good day everyone.

EllanVannin Thu 07-Feb-19 09:18:23

Good morning All x
It's blowing a hoolie here----feel sorry for those sailing to Ireland this morning !

Spent most of yesterday afternoon phoning hither and thither and at one point nearly lost the will to live between just about understanding broad languages and rank stupidity. Then you're expected to report how your call was handled ! The air here was blue.

The worst of it is, I'll have to repeat the process again today-----besides listening to tinny music on " wait ".

Technology ? People haven't a clue how to communicate----they're programmed like zombies.

Apologies for this rant but I was at the end of my tether.

Hope your day goes better !

GrannyGravy13 Thu 07-Feb-19 09:37:20

Good morning Mick, Anniebach and all x

Blue sky in SE Essex been soooo windy during the night and still blowy now.

Not sure what I am doing today, maybe look at the ironing, might even do it????

Keep warm and safe folks x

Urmstongran Thu 07-Feb-19 09:37:45

Good morning everyone from a very wet and windy South Manchester. The sky is covered completely by white cloud and the Pennines are not visible.
A day for staying in, keeping cosy and reading. Bliss!
My husband will be out at lunchtime to get a bus to the dealership to pick up our car which he’d dropped off yesterday. Brr, glad I’m not needed!
Hope everyone has a good day and good wishes to all who are troubled or unwell.

Auntieflo Thu 07-Feb-19 09:41:15

Good morning *Michael, Annie, and all. DH has a hospital appointment this afternoon, for investigations. Now, he has known the date for at least a week, and that he would have to take a ‘sample’. Just now, he has asked if I have a sample bottle!!! No, I don’t, but have found him a small, clean, water bottle. Why, oh why, didn’t he organise this for himself? You can tell I’m fed up. Men.
Have a good day one and all.

morgan11 Thu 07-Feb-19 09:59:00

hello everyone it's nice to be here am new here

Miep1 Thu 07-Feb-19 10:11:25

Morning Mick and hello nanabanana1, weather here near Exeter can't make its mind up; so far we have had intermittent rain, now the sun is shining but the forecast is wet. Bother and I have to go to Tesco in my trusty steed

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 07-Feb-19 10:19:19

Morning all. It's chucking it down here in South Notts - what a shame, I was going to wash the car and clean the windows. Well, dash it! Best wishes to all.

Nanny41 Thu 07-Feb-19 10:22:26

Good morning from Sweden, at last I can say good morning got up earlier today.Its milder at last, so the snow might disappear.Going out for lunch in a while, been stuck in for days because of the snow.
Have a good day everyone.

Barmeyoldbat Thu 07-Feb-19 10:25:50

Good morning one and all. Came back last night from a few days in North Wales . Last night was really windy and the rain was belting down, heard a few bangs in the night and found part of the fence was down. Its a little bit bright now but still wet but I need to walk down the hill to the shops, pickup a parcel, sort out the bank and have a coffee. So have a lovely day wherever you are.

Urmstongran Thu 07-Feb-19 10:30:52

Hi morgan11 it’s good to have you join us - the more the merrier!

Harris27 Thu 07-Feb-19 10:41:50

Wet and bit windy in ne England! Off to work till 5 then food shop hey ho exciting life! Keep well and warm all!

Grandson2008 Thu 07-Feb-19 11:31:23

Good morning from a wet West Yorkshire first time poster on here so here goes. Love reading all your posts good look with all who have Hosp appointments and all who are unwell. I am picking my wonderful grandson up today then my daughter is trying a new recipe out on me i don't mind no cooking for me. Hubby happy to cook his own think he's looking forward to some peace. So hi to all hope you don't mind me joining in xxx

Marydoll Thu 07-Feb-19 11:34:32

Welcome Grandson2008 , all are very welcome on this thread. smile
You should also try Soops, kitchen.

aggie Thu 07-Feb-19 11:35:50

Good morning all , the rain and wind last night meant sleep escaped me . Managed to stagger into the shower and made it to School Mass , it is lovely to see our Primary School children joining in with the hymns and liturgy.
Hair appt this afternoon in preperation for our break next week

Chino Thu 07-Feb-19 12:15:34

Morning all from Lichfield- started grey, rainy and windy but sun is trying to shine.
Visiting a friend this afternoon so will have a nice chat.
Received result of my husband's heart murmur and pleased to be told it was normal??? so have booked a short cruise for April to celebrate

Mapleleaf Thu 07-Feb-19 16:58:11

Good news, Chino. ?