Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Fri 08-Feb-19 06:16:11

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark but its wet and windy here in brackley this morning .
The usual Friday things shop etc this morning, may venture out later.
Mick

kittylester Fri 08-Feb-19 06:38:16

Morning Mick, morning all.

I think it's quite windy but dry in North Leicestershire but I'm not sure as it's dark.

Dd3 and the roly poly baby are coming for the day today. Yippee!

Enjoy your days everyone.

Willow10 Fri 08-Feb-19 06:59:49

Good morning all. Still dark but very windy in East Northants. New front door due to be fitted later today, but I'm wondering if it will happen with gusty winds and heavy rain forecast. Ever the optimist, I will plough on with taking the door curtain down, removing the rail and filling the holes. Also need to remove the doorbell. I would have done it yesterday but there's a dreadful draught from the old door, so hopefully all that will be sorted later. Fingers crossed! Enjoy your day and stay safe everyone.

NanKate Fri 08-Feb-19 07:13:45

Morning Mick and All.

What fun Kitty enjoy your time with roly poly. We are setting off to Sussex to be with our two turbo powered lads, hope I can keep up.

You will be all snug and warm once your new door is fitted Willow.

Rain and winds due today in the south east, that should be fun on the M25 ?

Susan56 Fri 08-Feb-19 07:19:36

Good morning all.Still dark here in Shropshire,rain forecast for later.Have a lighter heart this morning,after months of worry,DD got good news at her latest hospital appointment yesterday.Thank you again for all the kind thoughts.Off to playgroup with DGD this morning then we will do some baking this afternoon.

Gagagran Fri 08-Feb-19 07:24:51

Morning Mick, kitty, Willow, NanKate and everyone!

It's wet and windy here on the south coast too and I have WI this morning so DH is going to drop me off at the door. We will meet up in the pub afterwards for the "Senior's Lunch" which is always excellent.

I saw the GP yesterday and he told me I have post-viral fatigue following my 'flu-like illness last week. It is certainly debilitating and I feel as if I am constantly about to run out of energy completely. He also warned me not to bother with taking extra vitamins "You'll just pee them straight out!". Feel better for knowing why I am so weak!

Hope the day is a good one for us all.

Gagagran Fri 08-Feb-19 07:26:06

Morning Susan -enjoy your baking session. Reminds me of doing that with DD at the same sort of age. Lovely memories. (She's 46 now!)

NanKate Fri 08-Feb-19 07:38:42

Hope you feel better soon Gaga. ?

Urmstongran Fri 08-Feb-19 07:41:10

Good morning everyone from a wet South Manchester. Our grandson is on his way here as it’s an inset day at his school and mummy’s half term doesn’t start till this evening (she works at another school here in Trafford). He’s so excited to be having breakfast with us and knows later we are going on a bus (he loves that as it hardly ever happens so it’s still a huge novelty!) to a lovely cafe for lunch.

Glad you had reassuring news about your daughter Susan56 I bet you all slept well last night!

aggie Fri 08-Feb-19 07:46:21

Good Morning all , wet and windy today , art class this Morning

BlueSapphire Fri 08-Feb-19 07:47:34

Hello everyone from a wet and windy Northampton.
Am getting fed up with my cough and cold.
Might try and get out to Sainsburys before the rain buckets down, if not I might have to put an order in for tomorrow.
Making a curry for the slow cooker at some time today.
No DGDs today as they are going to a party after school.
Take care everyone if you're out today.

DoraMarr Fri 08-Feb-19 07:49:13

Good morning from Birmingham, where it is cloudy and mild. I had a nice lie-in this morning but now I will have to get my skates on as I am going to Centre Parcs with my eldest daughter, son in law and baby grandson. It will be nice to have a change of scene.

harrigran Fri 08-Feb-19 07:55:39

Good morning, very windy here this morning.
Wonderful evening at the theatre last night, superb production by GD's school.
I am off to the diabetes prevention course shortly. I don't suppose I have lost any weight.

NannyJan53 Fri 08-Feb-19 07:56:30

Good Morning from a windy Black Country.

Awaiting for a Plasterer this morning, he is supposed to arrive about 8.30.

When he is finished I am off out for a walk!

So pleased you had good news Susan56. Enjoy your trip to Centre Parcs Dora, I have never been to one, but we are going to a Spa Hotel for a couple of days Sunday to Tuesday.

Have a lovely day everyone.

angelic Fri 08-Feb-19 08:02:12

Good morning all, from a wet and very windy Hampshire.
Out and about, with lots of little things to get done today.
Take care and be safe

Pittcity Fri 08-Feb-19 08:03:53

Good morning from a wet and windy Colchester. Still in bed as DH has a cough which disturbed our sleep.

Brunette10 Fri 08-Feb-19 08:06:02

Good Morning to all and to those who follow. It's very windy and wet here too in Fife today but expected. No plans really today but I'm quite glad I don't like going out in weather like this. DD still suffering from the sick bug sad. Tare care everyone esp those heading out.

dragonfly46 Fri 08-Feb-19 08:10:07

Good morning all - beginning to rain in Leicestershire. Very little sleep last night but will go and see Mum today.

Wonderful news susan how relieved you must be. Have fun with roly poly baby kitty and best wishes to all the poorly grannies.

cornergran Fri 08-Feb-19 08:11:00

Morning Mick, morning All from a very windy and wet corner of Somerset. Admin this morning then a food shop if the rain has eased. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Sallyann51 Fri 08-Feb-19 08:11:10

Good morning all,
Wet and windy here in Surrey. Still in bed at the moment.
Off to table tennis later this morning, always enjoyable, such a lovely crowd of people.
This afternoon will be spent getting ready for our holidays. We leave on Sunday for Singapore and Cambodia. Really looking forward to it.
Hope Friday is kind to you all

Marydoll Fri 08-Feb-19 08:13:51

Good morning Mick and all. It is blowing a hoolie here in Glasgow.
DH has offered to do the supermarket shopping, I'm happy to let him! grin

I have woken up with an itchy rash, even my hands are itchy! It's driving me mad!!!
A pottering about day today after a frightening episode yesterday. I was toasting coconut yesterday when the it went on fire, I didn't realise how hot my new grill is. It was quite frightening, as the grill fan was blowing the flames into the kitchen. By the time DH faffed about with the fire extinguiser, I had put it out, but it was really scary.?.
I had visions of my new kitchen being destroyed.

Susan, I'm glad your news was better than expected, enjoy your baking with your wee granddaughter.

I hope all those who are feeling under the weather, improve soon.

Greyduster Fri 08-Feb-19 08:14:59

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Cold and grey in South Yorkshire, but dry at the moment. I have some cleaning to do this morning and then we are going shopping, with lunch thrown in (I think that’s a bribe - I hate shopping!). Have a good day, folks!

ninathenana Fri 08-Feb-19 08:18:43

Good morning everyone.

Wet and windy in Kent too. Usual Friday food shop and coffee out. No treatment needed at the eye clinic yesterday, yeah !
Glad to hear the good news Susan enjoy your break Dora

Grammaretto Fri 08-Feb-19 08:19:20

Morning all from the Scottish Borders. It looks wild and windy outside. Yoga today and then must catch up on housework.
I'm very happy for you Susan that was such good news.
We saw Mary Queen of Scots last night but were disappointed. They got the scenery and weather right but the characters were not well developed.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Geryfelin Fri 08-Feb-19 08:23:29

Good morning everyone, and how nice to hear about good news and fun days ahead, and an ordinary day for some. It is wet and windy here. I’m headed to my voluntary work this morning then some housework this afternoon. Lots of tidying to do. New gd due on Monday, exciting!