Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Fri 08-Feb-19 06:16:11

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark but its wet and windy here in brackley this morning .
The usual Friday things shop etc this morning, may venture out later.
Mick

teaforone Fri 08-Feb-19 08:35:01

Good morning all. Feel in need of exercise this morning so will walk into local village instead of getting the car out of the garage. So glad Susan to hear your good news. It is such a worry waiting for the results of tests and I hope dragonfly that you have a better night tonight. Dd is waiting for results of tests so I am very restless.

MawBroon Fri 08-Feb-19 08:39:22

Good morning all, from a blustery corner of N Bucks.
On doctors orders to “take it easy” today ( do I ever do anything else?) after yesterday cortisone injection.
So another cup of tea in bed with a clear conscience.
Supper with friends this evening and watching “Roma” at theirs on Netflix.
Wishing you all a pleasant day and “Gute Besserung” as they say in Germany to any who are poorly.

Annapops Fri 08-Feb-19 08:39:22

Morning all from a wet and windy County Durham.
After 2 days resting in bed I am now convinced my tummy pain is muscle strain from last week's Pilates class. At least a little rest and gentle exercise should mend it. Haven't a clue about the fluctuating temperature though. It has all really made me stop and think about all those on GN who suffer from the most painful conditions on an almost daily basis. How hard that must be.
We're off to Robin Hoods Bay for a mini cottage break today. It will be no long walking hikes for me though.
Wow Marydoll. How fortunate you saved your kitchen in time.
Have a lovely day everyone and keep safe.

Nanabanana1 Fri 08-Feb-19 08:45:11

Morning all from a wet and very windy Torbay, will walk the dog between showers then baking birthday cake for grandson for tomorrow he’ll be 16, don’t know where the times gone!!
Hope you all have a good day.

Anniebach Fri 08-Feb-19 08:56:05

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Have therapy again today, dreading it.

Hope everyone has a good day x

NanKate Fri 08-Feb-19 09:16:26

I will be thinking about you today Annie. Keep at it, easy to say hard to do.

Mary do you think your itching is to do with the cold weather ? I am lathered up on arms and legs with Sudocreme for my itching. Can you take an antihistamine tablet tonight or will that mess up your others tabs ?

oldgaijin Fri 08-Feb-19 09:27:36

Good morning all from a rain lashed Aberdeenshire, and there's a howling gale too. No firm plans for anything today except to stay inside and keep cosy.
Have a good day everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 08-Feb-19 09:27:49

Dreary wet blowy day in east London. Tennis session at 10 today, mixture of coach and play. I like it as our coach doesn't try to go back to scratch and change your style but looks at tweaks and strategy instead. Looks like we're excused taxi duty after school tonight but DD may change her mind if the weather gets worse.

EllanVannin Fri 08-Feb-19 09:38:01

Good morning All x
Miserable dark wet and windy day so as usual I won't be going far.
Thoughts to those of you who are not so grand and good wishes to those who are on the mend. We never know how our day works out when we wake up these days but like Mawbroon, positivity is key to our well-being.

Stay safe if storm Erik should gather momentum.

DanniRae Fri 08-Feb-19 09:54:43

Good Morning All from a grey, miserable South East London - but no wind (well not outside the house!!) grin
Going to Sainsburys this morning.
Meeting up with friends this evening for a quiz and supper at the local golf club. Looking forward to it as it's always a really fun evening. Missed the last one because I had a bad back.
I hope everyone has a good day - and Good Luck Annie I hope your therapy session goes well.

1inamillion Fri 08-Feb-19 10:37:30

Blowing a gale here on South Glam coast and the rain is lashing down. DS has a ridge tile blown off.
Still in bed, came home from hospital yesterday evening. Have been given various equipment to help with mobility, good old NHS.
So good to hear people's good news Susan ?
Have a good day everyone, love hearing about all your activities and antics. A big Cwtch to everyone feeling poorly.

Mapleleaf Fri 08-Feb-19 10:42:00

Good morning, everyone.
It's grey, cold and breezy here this morning with some drizzle thrown in for good measure.
Good news about your daughter, Susan. You must feel very relieved.
Dora, I hope you enjoy your weekend, and to anyone else going away, too.
I wish a speedy recovery to those of you feeling under the weather.
Hope the therapy session is not too painful for you, Annie. You are brave.

okimherenow Fri 08-Feb-19 10:42:49

Hi from wet windy wild south Somerset.. no sign of the sheep and lambs in the surrounding fields... expect they have sensibly found shelter under the hedges ...
snuggling down today... not venturing out ... the ford over the stream down the lane will be raging over the lane and trying to wash small cars away ...

Jane43 Fri 08-Feb-19 10:59:14

Good morning from a grey and wet Telford in Shropshire. I don’t join in this thread very often because it is often late afternoon before I log on.

Dora what a lovely treat for you after your course of radiotherapy. I’m sure you will have a wonderful time.

Hello Susan56 also in Shropshire, I don’t think there are many of us on here. I’m glad your daughter got good news and baking will surely brighten a wet and dull day.

NanKate Fri 08-Feb-19 20:19:32

Jane you are welcome at any time of day.