Gransnet forums

Chat

Psychics/Clairvoyant s

(46 Posts)
Dolcelatte Mon 11-Feb-19 06:53:53

Inspired by the thread about ouija boards (which I wouldn’t now touch), I was wondering if anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with psychics or clairvoyants. I have had some spookily accurate readings, but others which have been way off the mark.

Cherrytree59 Mon 11-Feb-19 16:49:53

Anyone consulted a clairvoyant/ psychic regarding Brexit?? ?

well we need the B word on as many threads as possible

Day6 Mon 11-Feb-19 17:07:50

I just believe there is far more 'out there' than we will ever know, and I have had several incredible experiences which cannot be explained (I certainly can't explain them) but they lead me to believe death is not the end and the spirit lives on. I believe the body is just a casing for the soul and we are spirits having a human experience.

I know, that can sound 'away with the fairies' or like someone tripping. I promise I'm not! grin Those who know me will tell you I am very down to earth, quite matter-of-fact and tend to question everything, often with a degree of cynicism.

Anniebach Mon 11-Feb-19 17:08:56

Cherrytree that was really, really,really naughty ?

How would it be brought into a thread on cooking or baking I wonder ?

Anniebach Mon 11-Feb-19 17:11:17

Day6, if you are away with the fairies you are not on your own.

Day6 Mon 11-Feb-19 17:26:44

Heh heh Annie - oh I know there are a few of us on GN! grin

I firmly believe spirits are amongst us.

Cherrytree59 Mon 11-Feb-19 17:33:51

Annie is that a challenge?smile

Anniebach Mon 11-Feb-19 17:47:44

Cherry yes it is, for you I will read the cooking / baking threads ? go girl x

Anniebach Mon 11-Feb-19 17:49:28

Day6, I certaintly do too

BradfordLass72 Mon 11-Feb-19 20:07:06

I have a recipe for a Brexit cake but only a clairvoyant would know about it grin

popsis71 Mon 11-Feb-19 20:23:58

Rock cake - used as a backstop

MissAdventure Mon 11-Feb-19 20:32:47

The last time I saw a clairvoyant (incidentally, the same one who had, years before told me my dads name) she was so far off the mark it was embarrassing.
She has a long, long waiting list, but I certainly won't be seeing her again.
Once she knew I was single, she seemed to think she had the measure of me.
"What is it with you and men?"
"Sorry, what do you mean?"
"You don't half pick 'em! You've had some bad uns haven't you?"
Me: "No, they've all been nice men, and I'm still friendly with them"...
"You like to go out, don't you, for a drink, and sometimes you have a bit too much!"
Me: "No, I'm a real home bird. And I'm teetotal, in fact I can't stand alcohol"..

MissAdventure Mon 11-Feb-19 20:39:26

Then she changed tack
"Oh well, your mum is telling you to go out and let your hair down" (My mum would have been more likely to tell me I need a soft perm) smile

Coolgran65 Mon 11-Feb-19 20:59:08

Last year i went for a reading.

As I sat down she said.... Is David your dad ? Mary is with him but she's called May. A cold woman with a sharp tongue. Your daughter lives in the USA. She has ginger hair and is a scientist. Your husband is Trevor, not your first husband. .......... All of these facts (among so many many more) are true.

When making the appointment, I phoned and only gave a Christian name. No way any time to to any research on me.. I barely spoke so as to give nothing away.

Hathori Mon 11-Feb-19 21:18:42

I agree with Day6, and there are some gifted mediums who do not charge money.

Framilode Mon 11-Feb-19 21:20:50

Some years ago I went to a clairvoyant who was highly recommended. She immediately told me that my wedding ring was broken and she didn't mean divorce. To summarise, she said that in the next two or three years my husband would die. It would be very sudden and he wouldn't suffer. I was absolutely distraught.

Well, 20 years later he is still here.

I visited her again 3 years after the initial reading. She didn't remember me and this time told me I would have a long marriage and 'wouldn't be able to get rid of the old bugger.

Cynical, moi?

Thebeeb Mon 11-Feb-19 22:12:31

I saw a Clarvoyant several years ago. She didn’t know anything about me (I lived 75 miles away and she didn’t know my name).

I didn’t give her any help or information or respond to what she told me. Everything she said was correct including-

Mother died suddenly no warning and I didn’t see her before she died.
I had three children, one boy one girl. Then was confused but said the girls name began with C. That actually was my daughter who died at 3 weeks who was third child.
Dads name began with A that was correct.
Husband was having an affair. Found out later that was correct. Even told me the name of person he was having affair with.
And much more.
Not bad!

Mycatisahacker Mon 11-Feb-19 22:53:02

Popsis71 grin

Yes went to one who was crap but another who was so accurate it was shivery. No appointment and didn’t really know my first name. She was actually frightening.

knickas63 Mon 11-Feb-19 23:18:41

I have friends, who are casually interested and have some natural talent. Both in caring professions. They have given some extremely accurate readings, with information I know they didn't know. I tested them with a family heirloom from my husband's uncle. There were some specific stories around this man, which were completely private and no spoke about. They got all of it.

Dolcelatte Tue 12-Feb-19 08:20:17

Thank you very much for your responses. Interesting that some of you have had very accurate readings from people who do not charge, so they are obviously not out to swindle people. Clairvoyants are not allowed to predict death so it was very unprofessional for them to have done so in Framilode's case. I would have been distraught too.

sodapop Tue 12-Feb-19 08:33:45

I would come down on the side of scepticism if it was not for one meeting. I went to see a young man who went to school with my daughter and was well known in the area. He told me that if what he said did not make sense then not to pay him. He went on to tell me some things about my recently deceased son in law and friend which were so personal he could not have known them under normal circumstances. He did not make any predictions about the future.