Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(36 Posts)
12Michael Tue 12-Feb-19 06:16:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , usually light around 7 here in brackley , but its dry outside but could be cold.
My usual cafe haunts today , in Bicester and Buckingham , plus a shop as well in Sainsburys.
Enjoy staking up the nectar points,
Mick

Gagagran Tue 12-Feb-19 06:54:48

Good Morning MIck and everyone.

We are promised a taste of spring here on the south coast today and for the rest of the week. What a joy! My favourite season.

I have to pick up an order from Marks this morning, so shall have a look and see what else they have in store. Not hopeful there will be a lot but sometimes I get a nice surprise.

Hope we all have a good day. sunshine

Marydoll Tue 12-Feb-19 06:59:27

Good morning Mick and all who follow. It's wet here in Glasgow, hopefully it will dry up later. The weather forecast keeps changing by the hour.

Up early as it's half term and DGD's nursery is closed.

She usually demands Scotch panckes when she arrives, but I've beaten her to it, they are ready. grin.
I also made a spicy, fruit loaf overnight in the breadmaker overnight, so I'm looking forward to breakfast.
We are planning a trip down the Ayrshire coast for a bracing walk along the hopefully deserted seafront. Brrrr
Our plan is to visit a fantastic old fashioned bakery and stock up with pies.
Enjoy your day out, Mick.

Marydoll Tue 12-Feb-19 06:59:53

Morning, Gaga! smile

ninathenana Tue 12-Feb-19 07:11:37

Morning everyone.

Not so many early birds today.
I'm still in bed but the slither of sky I can see looks clear here in Kent.
Food shopping for me to and I need to get a very slow puncture looked at.

Have a good day all

ninathenana Tue 12-Feb-19 07:13:38

me too........ fat fingers

mumofmadboys Tue 12-Feb-19 07:17:34

I am still in bed with a cuppa. Going cycling with a U3A group this morning. Playing bridge this evening. Houseworky things in between! Have a good day everyone!

kittylester Tue 12-Feb-19 07:20:17

Morning all!

It's a chilly start in North Leicestershire but dry.

I have lots of admin to do this morning but must also make a cake. We have a tradition of having a bit of a party on the last day of each Carer's course and it seems to be my job to make the cake.

Enjoy your days everyone.

dragonfly46 Tue 12-Feb-19 07:23:07

Good morning, promises to be a lovely day in Leicestershire.
Taking DH to barber and chiropodist this morning - the first since his back troubles.
Then meeting a friend for lunch.

Brunette10 Tue 12-Feb-19 07:24:01

Good morning to all from a dark and damp Fife. Still dark so not sure what the weather is going to be. Have both DGS’s today instead of their usual Wed as we are away to see Les Mis tomorrow, I am so looking forward to that. Mary Ayr sounds good and wellie wearing too smile. Hope everyone has a good day.

Urmstongran Tue 12-Feb-19 07:38:51

Good morning everyone from a dry and seemingly mild South Manchester. The sun is coming up behind the Pennies - a beautiful bold streak of rose and apricot - against a wash of white and dove grey clouds.
Half term here in Trafford so will be seeing the grandchildren sometime today.
Hope everyone enjoys a pleasant Tuesday.

Pittcity Tue 12-Feb-19 07:48:56

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Spring is springing here.
Will walk into town to make hair appointment and order prescription ( pharmacy needs 2 days notice because of Brexit shortages) instead of phoning to make the most of the sunshine.

Persistentdonor Tue 12-Feb-19 07:51:21

We have sun over Berry Head this morning. The water has barely a ripple.
Down to the library this morning to do my Read Easy (adult literacy,) mentoring session and then steering a Scrabble group later.
Have a great day all. smile

Nanabanana1 Tue 12-Feb-19 07:54:00

Morning all, nice morning here in Torbay. Doctors appointment this morning , baking later.
Wishing everyone a good day.

Willow10 Tue 12-Feb-19 07:54:38

Good morning all. Bright, sunny but frosty start in East Northants. Weather forecast looks dry and warmer for the rest of the week thankfully. A few errands to do this morning and then hopefully a bit of sewing and a quiet afternoon. Have a pleasant day everyone.

cornergran Tue 12-Feb-19 07:55:45

Morning Mick, morning All from a clear, frosty corner of Somerset. Marking a huge pot of chilli and finishing some paper sorting today. OK sort of day. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

oldgaijin Tue 12-Feb-19 08:00:36

Good morning all from a dreich Aberdeenshire. It could be a day for bussing in to Aberdeen to the pics...shall ask Alexa what's on. I spent a lot of yesterday playing with this new gadget. Also need new bras so shall venture to Markies and see what dreadful clothes they have. On the other hand, I could stay at home and finish these b#?*"dy curtains!
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Tue 12-Feb-19 08:07:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dry day in South Yorkshire. We are going swimming this morning, and then car cleaning, I think! I’m ashamed of it! Hope your cakes turn out better than mine have recently Kitty! Have a good day folks.

aggie Tue 12-Feb-19 08:12:24

Good Morning all , bright and dry here , flying to see my lot in Edinburgh this evening , I got a new warm coat but DD tells me it is to be mild ?

Grammaretto Tue 12-Feb-19 08:15:50

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's dry and not too cold and the birds are noisy. At last the evenings are lighter. Roll on Spring!

NanKate Tue 12-Feb-19 08:28:04

Morning Mick Mary Kitty and All.

Very misty here in the Thames Valley.

Mary both the Scotch pancakes and the fruit loaf sound very tempting, followed by a piece of Kitty’s cake with an apple and cheese for lunch.

Quietish day after attending our excellent WI Christmas Lunch yesterday. One of our members who is well into her 80s looked so good in a very nice cherry pink dress. I asked her where she got it from and she said she had seen the design at the V and A, had done a quick sketch and then made it for herself at home !

teaforone Tue 12-Feb-19 08:29:11

Morning everyone. My day to go to Dd when she finishes work and catch up with Dgc when they get home from school. Always have to take an apple crumble with me.when I go !. Brunette10, I had always avoided going to see Les Mis as I thought it would be rather depressing but finally went to see it in Leicester a few months ago and It was AMAZING and will definitely go again if I get the chance.

harrigran Tue 12-Feb-19 08:33:26

Good morning, overcast but dry after overnight frost.
Plumber coming today, hopefully.
No outings for me today.

EllanVannin Tue 12-Feb-19 08:50:09

Good morning All x.
I feel as though I could have slept for a week this morning. Probably the slight rise in temperature making me sluggish. A bit overcast but not too cold. The birdsong has been lovely this morning with clusters of finches doing their bit.

Making an orange cake this morning in readiness for D and GS dropping in from GS's MRI scan. He'd been having dizzy spells since an injury last November so we're making sure his brain is still in place smile Still a worry though.

Hope the day is kind to everyone.

Harris27 Tue 12-Feb-19 08:53:54

Morning everyone from a slightly warmer ne. Just the normal for me still working but not till 11'today so having early cuppa and catching up with you all! Have a good day!