Gransnet forums

Chat

“Are you sure you want to delete?”

(51 Posts)
littleflo Tue 12-Feb-19 10:49:26

When clearing out emails, sent items or Spam, the above message always appears. It set me thinking that, if only life was that easy. You could just press a button and something will disappear for ever from your life.

I wonder what button others would press. Mine would be the people who, despite there being seats available, insist on standing in the doorwell on buses.

PRESS DELETE and instead of waiting for it to slowly dawn on them that having pressed the bell and standing in the doorway I want to get off, they will instantly vaporise.

Nanny41 Wed 13-Feb-19 11:11:47

I would delete an aquaintance who never stops talking about herself, and is totally uninterested in what others have to say.

grannytotwins Wed 13-Feb-19 11:19:47

I’d delete my almost ex, son-in-law. He’s stalked my DD and been banned from his profession since they split up over three years ago. He even lied that he’d sent the divorce papers back to the court and has managed to take and lose her share of the equity in the marital home. It’s a long story.

Purplepoppies Wed 13-Feb-19 11:23:54

I would delete the abuse I've survived

Lorelei Wed 13-Feb-19 11:33:45

I would delete years of chronic health problems, a couple of ex boyfriends (though maybe they could go in the spam folder as junk) and a fair few mistakes/wrong decisions I made.

Miep1, your stepmother sounds like a nasty and greedy piece of work. I guess your father must've loved her and it is a damn shame that his trust in her was misplaced. I would imagine he would have wanted his only child to inherit at least some of the treasured or valuable possessions and the sentimental value they had too. I hope you have good memories of your parents - and bear in mind Karma has a way of biting wrongdoers in the butt at some stage smile

Aepgirl Wed 13-Feb-19 11:37:16

The woman who persuaded my husband that life would be better with her, even though she had failed to convince two previous husbands.

Sheilasue Wed 13-Feb-19 11:54:10

The woman who murdered my son to be deleted.
Rascist and sexist people, mothers with phones-to their ears constantly while the poor child is crying or demanding attention.

Sheilasue Wed 13-Feb-19 11:54:55

Should have said stuck to their ears ?

Overthehills Wed 13-Feb-19 12:18:03

Kim19 flowers
My ex-SiL.

melp1 Wed 13-Feb-19 12:31:09

Husbands cancer although now having annual checks it hasn't returned but its a constant worry.

Brexit sick of it now.

Agree with ninathenana a stone in weight and the dreaded potholes would also be great.

dragonfly46 Wed 13-Feb-19 12:41:59

My cancer!

Camelotclub Wed 13-Feb-19 12:58:52

Two words: Donald Trump.

H1954 Wed 13-Feb-19 13:09:37

My psychologically, mentally and physically abusive ex along with his toxic, trouble making, manipulative girlfriend! Instant karma!!!!!

justwokeup Wed 13-Feb-19 13:22:25

Oh yes lovebeigecardigans1955 I'd love to delete all those regrets I just can't seem to let go of. On a more practical note, after reading the decluttering thread, I'd be very happy if all the things in the attic could disappear.

Caro57 Wed 13-Feb-19 13:47:40

Drivers who can’t manage roundabouts and on slips to trunk roads and motorways

Shirls52000 Wed 13-Feb-19 14:10:14

I would delete Brexit without hesitation and also the post natal depression that is consuming my poor daughter making it difficult for her to enjoy her little 10 week old son ?

breeze Wed 13-Feb-19 14:26:07

I would love a 'freeze frame' for real life. Sometimes my head spins and I think it would be so nice to just freeze frame everyone for a while.

It would also be useful when you have a houseful. Freeze frame while you have a tidy up, catch your breath, get the pud out, empty the bin [grin}

Anniebach Wed 13-Feb-19 14:29:22

People who break promises for no good reason, my agoraphobia and our refuge collectors

Legs55 Wed 13-Feb-19 15:54:09

My 1st H, he hasn't a clue where I am but turned up on my elderly DM's doorstep a few years ago, despite us being divorced for 40+ years, she had also moved but was still in the same village.

No chance of finding me as I married twice more & moved several times.

Only good thing to come out of that marriage was that I met H no2 & had DD. Married too young to a very controlling manhmm

cavewoman Wed 13-Feb-19 16:41:18

I would like to delete the ironing pile.
And Mondays.

Saggi Wed 13-Feb-19 17:05:06

I would delete asthma .... my daughter (34 hospitalisation) in 41 years of this chronic illness. And now my granddaughter... twice hospitaluzed in 7 years! Destroy it!

grannybuy Wed 13-Feb-19 17:32:10

Take out drinks - then we'd have so much less recycling to do, as well as picking up!

quizqueen Wed 13-Feb-19 18:44:41

I would like to delete all people who are cruel to animals and I would like a 'hot getting hotter' button which only switches off when people pick up the litter they have dropped!

mrswoo Wed 13-Feb-19 19:18:48

I would like to delete the moment my DS first clapped eyes on the woman whom he would marry in haste and regret at leisure. Oh how I wish he had never met her.

GabriellaG54 Wed 13-Feb-19 20:18:17

All overstayers, illegals and murderers.

GreenGran78 Wed 13-Feb-19 23:14:49

I would delete all unkind people. That would solve the war and world population problems at a stroke - and maybe even sort Brexit!