Gransnet forums

Chat

WHAT??!!

(32 Posts)
phoenix Wed 13-Feb-19 21:38:51

Hello all, good wishes to you.

Listening to Radio 4, as I always do, and there was a feature that was partly about people buying things on line on impulse.

The person that made me go shock was a young sounding woman, who said that she had bought a chopping board, no problem with that I thought, until she said "And I don't cook!"

Pretty sure I could hear a baby or small child in the background, made me wonder on to counts, firstly, what on earth do they eat, and secondly, surely every kitchen needs a chopping board at some point?

grannyactivist Thu 14-Feb-19 23:26:04

I cook a lot and have colour coded plastic chopping boards for meat, fish, nuts, veg. etc., boards for cheese, wooden bread boards - and everyone who uses my kitchen knows it's a hanging offense not to use a board or to use the wrong one!

Jalima1108 Fri 15-Feb-19 00:24:16

boiled eggs = chooky eggs
smile

Jane10 Fri 15-Feb-19 06:59:32

All eggs are chooky eggs. ie eggs laid by chooks!

NotAGran55 Fri 15-Feb-19 08:16:59

My MIL won’t use one as she thinks they are germ ridden - she chops things on a plate .

I have a selection of wooden an plastic ones .

dragonfly46 Fri 15-Feb-19 08:26:52

I regard the chopping board as an essential piece of kit - wish I could persuade DH to use it hmm

PECS Sat 16-Feb-19 08:50:08

2 Ikea plastic chopping boards, 2 wooden and 1 glass..scattered in different places for different uses! Plastic for meat, wood for bread & veg, glass by cooker and usually has herbs / spices on it to add to cooking!

Re OP..even if you don't cook you need a board to slice bread confused