Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop`s superbly supportive,caring and fun loving Kitchen.

(1000 Posts)
Panache Fri 22-Feb-19 12:17:15

Always a warm hearted and uplifting welcome awaits and whatever your difficulties, you leave fully enrapped in the warmth of Soop`s Kitchen with a smile and hope in your heart.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 22-Feb-19 12:38:30

What a beautiful message to welcome us into this new kitchen ☕️???

I have taken the pathway of least complications- brought 3 GC to a soft play centre - 1 has hit there head, ice pack and in the accident book, 1 has a sore back the other is just tired and emotional at being woken up so early!!!

We are going out to dinner with them to their favourite restaurant near us tonight- should be an interesting one!!!! ??

GrannyGravy13 Fri 22-Feb-19 12:39:11

Oops typo obviously “their head”

dragonfly46 Fri 22-Feb-19 12:56:09

The nurse came today to monitor the tablets I am on and took ECG and blood. I have just had a call from the hospital saying my ECG was abnormal and to stop taking the tablets. I have to go in on Tuesday for another ECG. Feeling scared!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 22-Feb-19 13:01:57

dragonfly ??? Try not to be scared.

Greyduster Fri 22-Feb-19 13:33:09

Good afternoon, everyone. I have not had a lot of time this week, to read or respond to posts, so apologies first up. And suddenly we are in a new kitchen! Hope there’s room for a little ‘un!

Galen a difficult day for you, but I hope you find a little light in all the darkness?.

Izabella I am lost for words except to say what others have said, in that early diagnosis and treatment is a head start to dealing with it and medication will slow down its progression. You are a positive, intelligent person with many interests to focus on, and I hope that will be a strength for you.

Soop I hope your plans for joining your lovely family are gathering pace, and that travelling will be straightforward and stress free.

I promised myself an easy day today, as yesterday with GS left us on our knees with exhaustion. He simply doesn’t stop moving. We were out in the morning trying out his new golf clubs ? and then a pub lunch and country walk in the afternoon. Foolishly, DH took a rugby ball to toss about on the way round (life is no fun if there is not a ball of some shape and description involved!) and it all got a bit frenetic! We fished it out of more than one tree, brook and bog! The weather was glorious though, and he’s such a sweetie that I will forgive him any exhausting indignities he chooses to inflict on me.

This morning we were out watching the fly past in Sheffield to commemorate the Mi Amigo airmen. We chose to avoid the main venue as parking is impossible and there were going to be thousands of people there, so instead we went to the park across the road from where we used to live which is one of the highest points in the city. We listened to the service on local radio and then, right on cue, the planes came through right over our heads! It was exciting and strangely emotional.

We are in full gardening mode at the moment, having decided to grub out a large and very overgrown rockery full of conifers on the corner of our open plan front garden. People had taken to letting their dogs have a pee stop there, and local cats used to spray on it so that in summer, it stank! Our friendly Aussie tree surgeon came in yesterday while we were out and cut it all down and carted it away, and there has been a lot of clearing up and digging to do to uncover the original stone work so that we can start again and establish something more manageable. We are just having a break before we have another foray!

I was a fool and didn’t take my big camera yesterday, but here is a view I particularly like. I have to go now - garden calls! Hope to look in later.

kittylester Fri 22-Feb-19 13:49:30

Well dkne on opening up the new kitchen panache. Its lovely to see you.

That must be scary, dragonfly and disappointing if you can't take the tablets. Hopefully they can find another solution. And, possibly avoid the park run tomorrow!

I have followed the story of the Mi Amigo and found it very moving. I think I might not have managed to watch the fly past. Isn't the man who tends the graves a star?

There is something really moving about fly past. My parents in law lived close to where an air show was held and we always sat in the garden to watch.

Good luck with your garden gd, we thought it would be a good idea to redo a bed. It was stripped almost bare and now stares at us reproachfully growing weeds.

Just a normal grandparenting day then gg13

Thank you for your kind messages for DH. He has had his procedure but is not back on the ward yet. Apparently, I can visit - I just hope they have found him when I get there!

Back later.

soop Fri 22-Feb-19 14:37:54

By George, we have two new kitchens. I say we keep this one and I'll close the one I've just opened. Stay with us PLEASE.

soop Fri 22-Feb-19 14:49:37

Hello my darlin's. Phew! I thought that there was time to spare before we needed to open our new kitchen. Well...there was not. Thank you, Panache for doing the honours. Hello one and all. Thank goodness you haven't buzzed off to some other place. It wouldn't be the same without you. smile flowers

I haven't been home long. It's a busy day. I shall need to come in again later for catch-up. PLEASE sit tight for a wee while. wink

A letter from the consultant at the Vale of Leven hospital (Glasgow) arrived today. MRI scan results back. Appointment for coming Friday to discuss "plan of action".

grannysue05 Fri 22-Feb-19 14:50:40

I just wandered into the wrong kitchen by mistake, and Soop redirected me here.
Hello to everyone, and just contributing some slices of home made apple pie which have just come out of my oven.

soop Fri 22-Feb-19 15:17:43

grannysue You, together with your home-made apple pie (with custard) are most welcome. Thank you.

Galen The message that Maw sent to you is very honest and eloquent. My thoughts are with you. flowers

dragonfly I am sorry to hear that you are having to deal with yet more stress. Please continue to join us lot so that you can air and share your feelings. (hugs)

gg13 kitty has summed-up your experience with the grandchildren superbly. grin

Greyduster Thank you for sharing the beautiful photograph.

Luckygirl Fri 22-Feb-19 15:22:46

Just entering the new kitchen with trepidation, as I am not up to speed on what has gone before.

Two lovely GC here to day and in the garden making dens and very politely asking for a picnic - it is an hour since lunch so no doubt they must be starving! smile

kittylester Fri 22-Feb-19 15:40:08

Hi lucky welcome - did you bring cake?

It's good to start in a brand new kitchen then things evolve but, first, feed those poor children!

grannysue, I'm assuming the pie is gf and may I have cream with it? I'm in need of building up!!!

How are you feeling with this new development soop.

galen, I hope today has been a 'good' day full of happy memories and just a few tears.

DH might have been the one with the small problem but I feel completely jiggered. He has suggested I go later in the hope he can come home rather than stay in. I just hope I can stay awake long enough!

dragonfly46 Fri 22-Feb-19 15:54:35

Hey soop great that you have an appointment to discuss 'The Plan'. Hopefully mine is just a glip and it will be sorted out on Tuesday. With a bit of luck they will just reduce the dose of the pills I am on or another ECG will prove normal.

kitty it is always worse for the onlookers than the patient. I hope your DH husband gets home tonight. It is better sleeping in your own bed.

Welcome Lucky it is a real haven of peace in here.

Charleygirl5 Fri 22-Feb-19 15:55:36

Luckygirl- a whole hour without any food? What are you thinking about? At that rate you will be shopping at least daily! They appear to be enjoying themselves even although they are probably feeling weak with hunger.

soop Fri 22-Feb-19 16:48:17

Welcome to the madhouse kitchen. You have grandchildren with good appetites to match their manners. A picnic in a den sounds wonderful. May Us lot join in please. smile

The GP has phoned. MRI shows the tumour clearly enough. He says that when I keep Friday's appointment, I shall have another scan to identify the blurred margins. All a bit technical for me. I am, however, grateful for the expert thoroughness and support thus far.

soop Fri 22-Feb-19 16:49:33

So sorry, Luckygirl the welcome is meant for you. I'm a little trigger-happy at the mo'. wink

dragonfly46 Fri 22-Feb-19 17:06:52

soop you are lucky with your GP. It sounds like you are being well cared for.

I have just left a lemon drizzle cake on the side with a pot of tea.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

cornergran Fri 22-Feb-19 17:57:21

Your GP sounds both kind and efficient soop, always good to have contact with someone you know and trust. Your care sounds to be excellent. Wishing you well.

Pleased mr lester has been found kitty, you must be exhausted though so travel carefully when you visit.

We had a wonderful day with the family on Wednesday, not sure my legs have recovered yet so I totally understand post grandchild exhaustion. A well known syndrome . grin

Apologies to all, little time to read and reflect on your posts. Busy time coming up here so may not be around too much. Will be thinking of you all.

callgirl1 Fri 22-Feb-19 18:23:36

I can testify to the kindness and caring at Soop`s GP practice. A few years ago I still had stitches in my knee after a bad fall, was told to go to the local GP when on holiday to have them taken out. They were so nice there, did as I asked with no awkward questions or being made to feel like an outsider, plus a lovely view of the sea through the window.
My granddaughter took me and Mia to the vet this morning for her booster, thereby saving me around £9 or £10 in taxi fares. Mia behaved quite well, but was very vocal all the way there and back home!
I`m just about to ring the chippy and order the tea to be delivered, mushy peas anyone?

Charleygirl5 Fri 22-Feb-19 19:11:07

callgirl Tara usually sits in her carrier when in the car with her back to me! Sometimes she is very vocal because she knows she is either going to a cattery or to see the vet and she hates both places. My car is not a good sign- she prefers the house.

That was kind of your GD to take the two of you- the money mounts up.

Tara had another duvet day today, the second this week. I will keep an eye on her.

I agree, soop you have a lovely GP keeping you informed.

soop Fri 22-Feb-19 19:34:28

I must log off until tomorrow. Short of time, as per. Need to give my love to each and every one of my lovely Granspals. Back tomorrow. That's a promise. X

Doodle Fri 22-Feb-19 20:47:46

panache thank you for a lovely welcome to our new kitchen ?
grany gravy glad you had such a relaxing day with your DGC ?. Always keep you on your toes don’t they.
dragonfly try not to worry too much until you know if there is a problem. I have had two or three ECGs they weren’t happy about. All was fine. Just try and relax till you know what’s what (I am great about giving advice - I am the worlds worst worrier ?). Hopefully all will be well.
soop sounds as though your GP is on the ball and keeping you informed.
grannysue apple pie lovely ?
kitty I was once told I could visit my DH after his operation at around 3 in the afternoon. He finally made it back to the ward at 11.00pm at night by which time I was nearly in need of admission myself for stress!! Hope your DH turns up a lot quicker than mine.
luckygirl hope you had plentiful supplies in for the den builders ?
cornergran glad you had a good day with the family on Wednesday . Take care and don’t over do things.
callgirl I love mushy peas ?. 2 helpings please.
charleygirl hope Tara is ok. Perhaps she’s just getting some beauty sleep.

Swanny Fri 22-Feb-19 21:37:51

Greyduster lovely newsy update from you. About 8.15 this morning I found out about that flypast so, after reading up about it, made sure I was watching tv at the appropriate time. Over 20 years ago I took DM (former WAF) to a Biggin Hill display and recalled the sound of that while watching this morning and found it so very moving - it must have been tremendous to actually see it envy

kittylester Fri 22-Feb-19 21:40:06

Eventually found dh who was under the impression that the consultant was coming back to discharge him. He wasn't! He's coming tomorrow.

Hey ho!!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion