Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Sat 23-Feb-19 06:18:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Up early as usual, Its dark but no sign of any fog this morning, brackley.
My day today will be into Bicester via Buckingham on the bus links.
Usual Coffee stops in Bicester ,then back in Buckingham , being a Saturday will have a light lunch , then later get a Chinese take away.
Yesterday I managed to buy a soup spoon Chinese porcelain type, but unable to get a soup bowl in the same mode.
I like two types of Chinese soup, but think the spoons and bowl make it more authentic when eating at home.
Mick

Gettingitrightoneday Sat 23-Feb-19 09:32:40

Inamillion . Yes I have been doing that for yrs. Essentially I tripped down stairs then carrying my then baby and kept on running so as not to drop him.

Over the years
The left facet joint in my left leg was damaged and became very worn. Which now is causing a lot of discomfort.

OOPS when I started to add a bit more to my post I swore as the computer started writing it. I must behave . I really do not want that on my Tablet.
Red face from me.

BlueSapphire Sat 23-Feb-19 09:39:02

Good morning from a grey Northampton but hopefully it will brighten up later.
Going to watch rugby this afternoon.
DGDs arriving this evening to stay for a few nights while their mum and dad go to Prague to celebrate DS's 40th birthday, so I shall be busy for the next few days!
Hope the day turns out nice for all.

Auntieflo Sat 23-Feb-19 09:49:09

Morning Michael, Annie and all. It was a bit misty earlier on, here in Berks, but is brightening up nicely.
Wish I had bought the polyanthus I saw in Tesco, yesterday. The lovely weather makes me want tobe out in the garden, but the I overdo things and collapse.
DH is so much better and we shall go out for our usual coffee meet with friends a bit later.

gillybob Sat 23-Feb-19 09:53:12

A beautiful morning here on the NE coast.

Have a good Saturday everyone smile

EllanVannin Sat 23-Feb-19 09:56:08

Good morning All x
Another lovely day dawns, no fog though once upon a time it used to indicate heat when it was seen in the summertime.
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Expecting GGC to breeze in at some point today so might join them for a swing in the little park just round the corner from where I am.I've always fancied a swing when going past there, but never without the children hahaha.

I feel as though I should have loads of washing blowing in the breeze, but haven't got that much as yet.

Hope this weather is kind for everyone to enjoy. It lifts the spirits after the darkness of winter.

Pittcity Sat 23-Feb-19 09:57:13

Good morning from a warm, rainy Sydney where it's evening.
We've had a busy couple of days in the city and are off on a cruise to New Zealand tomorrow.

ScotinOz Sat 23-Feb-19 10:53:14

Good evening everyone. Quite cool here today....even have a cardi on!

Pittcity enjoy your cruise. We did that cruise last December and really enjoyed it.

Had the DGC here today. They made some cookies which were a success.

DH been watching rugby since 3pm!

Have a good day everyone

dragonfly46 Sat 23-Feb-19 11:33:53

By the way has anybody heard from Doramarr recently. I seem to remember the last time she posted she had a very bad cold.

Mapleleaf Sat 23-Feb-19 11:43:15

A late good morning.
It's turning into another beautiful day.
I'm expecting my sister and BiL any moment. Not seen them for a while, so a bit of catching up to do.
Enjoy your day. ?

NanKate Sat 23-Feb-19 13:09:51

Afternoon Mick and folks.

Been full on here in Sussex with the DGC hence my late call in.

Hope you get your bowl Mick I too like to make things look authentic.

Hope Mr Kitty safely home.

Are you feeling a bit better now Mary having the family with you?

Won’t have time to post on GM thread tomorrow as there is a house full at DS. He is running the half marathon, his first, in Brighton tomorrow. He has almost raised £1,000 for CALM (Campaign against men living miserably). This is especially for men under 45 and their families who have experienced the dreadful implications of suicide or mental health problems. Please send him and all the runners raising money for good causes a special good luck from GN. Thanks.

Marydoll Sat 23-Feb-19 13:24:47

dragonfly, I was just thinking the same about Dora.
She hasn't been on GN for a few weeks.
I hope she is OK.

grannysue05 Sat 23-Feb-19 14:04:01

Afternoon Mick
Enjoy your Chinese meal tonight.
EBay have a selection of Chinese Porcelain Soup Bowls...not too expensive.
Or try the charity shops.
Good Luck.