Gransnet forums

Chat

Favourite Furniture ?

(80 Posts)
Urmstongran Wed 13-Mar-19 11:06:33

Mine is a ‘G Plan’ teak dining table and 6 chairs bought and used every day since 1974. It would now be called ‘retro’ I suppose! I shall never replace it.

I love to think of all those people, family and dear friends, some no longer part of my life who have sat around it sharing food and laughter. I even wonder if there’d be traces of DNA in the grain of the wood from those now departed? That probably sounds a bit weird but strangely I find it gives me comfort.

Christmas, Easter, christening buffets, birthday parties celebrated long ago, book club gatherings, a leaving dinner with friends for someone dear who was moving to Australia. I just look at my table and the memories come flooding back.
I’m
Do you have a favourite piece of furniture and if so, why?

Mollster Fri 15-Mar-19 13:52:13

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SamirBeck Wed 22-Jul-20 04:43:54

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

craftyone Wed 22-Jul-20 07:08:53

I have a floor to ceiling curved cupboard with 6 doors 2 are glass including a curved one and 2 drawers at the bottom. We bought it and some other bits in 2006. This was the start of us buying modular light oak furniture, the change in our lifestyle after the children left home.

farview Wed 22-Jul-20 09:55:53

Mine is a childs rocking chair that I got for Christmas in 1955...I've reupholstered it twice...still gets used by my 3year old GS.