Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Fri 15-Mar-19 06:14:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but grey clouds over Brackley this morning, usual shop today plus maybe go to the chippy for a change for some F & C .
Mick

Anniebach Fri 15-Mar-19 08:56:45

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Annapops Fri 15-Mar-19 09:23:02

Good morning all from Jersey.
We arrived on one of the only ferries running mid week from Guernsey due to the weather conditions.
Thoroughly enjoyed our time on Guernsey, even though a little blustery, we did have some sunny spells too.
We have a much greater understanding of the hardships endured there during the German occupation too. There are two fabulous museums which tell the story.
Today we aim to explore St.Helier, as due to the rain yesterday we took a coach tour to keep us dry as we toured the island of Jersey. There were so many interesting historical facts and tales to hear about.
We're looking forward to seeing what else awaits today.
Have a lovely day everyone.

EllanVannin Fri 15-Mar-19 09:26:13

Good morning All x

One of these days we'll wake up to some cheery news ! sad
Still windy here but don't plan on going far.

Usual chores and will also await D's visit later.

Take care everyone.

aggie Fri 15-Mar-19 09:35:34

Good Morning all , windy with sudden bursts of squally rain , interspersed with bright sun ! Nothing planned for today , might start Easter card making

DoraMarr Fri 15-Mar-19 09:39:19

Good morning from a grey and blustery Birmingham. My little grandson has just gone for his nap, so I’m having another cup of tea and catching up on the news.
A walk in the park later, and then my daughter is coming to put him to bed here while she goes out with her friends. He will stay here until lunchtime tomorrow. It’s a nice distraction from the news.
Have as good a day as possible, everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 15-Mar-19 09:42:55

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s still and dry! Taking my father for a routine hospital appointment this morning then take him shopping. Later I’m taking him to his doctor for the result of X-ray.

I gather reading these posts that there’s bad news in the world. I’m off to read the newspapers filled with dread.

Schoey Fri 15-Mar-19 10:02:24

Sunny here in Yorkshire wind seems to have dropped. Cleaning and a bit of gardening and sewing this afternoon. Opera this evening. So a good day. Hope everyone has a great day

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 15-Mar-19 10:58:42

Good morning. Wind still swirling around in east London, keep counting how many bulbs are left on the tree in the garden. Grocery shop this morning, may go clothes shopping later (I don't like but need some new underwear and M&S Sparks card has 20% off). Tennis is this evening, if the dome is still standing; it was having a bit of a wobble in the wind and rain yesterday. Have a good day.

Auntieflo Fri 15-Mar-19 11:26:43

Another belated Good Morning to Michael, Annie and all. I seem to potter around fairly aimlessly these days, before girding my loins and ‘getting on with things’
Gransnet calls whilst I am in bed with a cup of tea, and thanks to Jalima1108, I now have the quote that I was looking for.
Best wishes to Soop and her DH, as I see she has a long journey home after surgery.
Have a good day one and all.