Gransnet forums

Chat

Finding the positive place

(119 Posts)
Lily65 Tue 19-Mar-19 08:40:08

I'm trying to do just that. What works for you please?

For me today it will be less time on social media and a walk.

tanith Tue 19-Mar-19 08:44:40

Coffee with friends

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 19-Mar-19 08:48:08

I like to imagine a beautiful woodland with a leafy canopy above and a blue sky . Wild flowers beneath and a hammock.
Winning the lotto would be good too.

fiorentina51 Tue 19-Mar-19 08:58:43

I'm off to my positive place today. I'm a volunteer, working on a small farm deep in the woodland near where I live.
Lots of time outdoors in all weathers, pruning fruit trees in the orchards, checking nest boxes, counting reptiles, clearing ponds, working in the forest. Not to mention drinking coffee and eating cake.?

B9exchange Tue 19-Mar-19 09:04:20

Returning mentally to a head massage in a luxury Sri Lankan hotel spa. The spa was on the sand at the ocean edge, with the sounds of the waves at my feet, and a gentle warm breeze ruffling my hair. That was in the days when I was gainfully employed!

Teetime Tue 19-Mar-19 09:21:51

Comfort TV - currently watching old re runs of The Good Life.

annsixty Tue 19-Mar-19 09:22:40

I really need help to find one.
I am worn out mentally and physically.

merlotgran Tue 19-Mar-19 09:25:56

My only positive place at the moment is the greenhouse.

DanniRae Tue 19-Mar-19 10:00:30

Teetime - that's one of our favourite tv shows too. We are currently watching recordings of "Friends" - another one of our favourites smile
annsixty - so sorry to hear that. Here are some flowers for you - sent with my best wishes xx

Gonegirl Tue 19-Mar-19 10:29:34

If I could just get myself out of this house and into, say, John Lewis Coffee Shop, that would be a positive for me.

Gonegirl Tue 19-Mar-19 10:31:03

Feeling so down, I know I will just retreat into my book.

Kateykrunch Tue 19-Mar-19 10:48:57

Oh Gonegirl!, hope you can find something to give yourself a boost, but in the meantime, here is a little gift ? x

Kateykrunch Tue 19-Mar-19 10:50:38

Hi Annsixty, hope you can get some time to relax and recover today, sending you these ?x

EllanVannin Tue 19-Mar-19 11:33:37

>>>>>>>>>>>another one here with no oomph today, but waiting in for a gas check to be done, 8am----5pm sad

Gonegirl Tue 19-Mar-19 11:51:59

Thank you KatyKrunch. Maybe my living room with my book is my positive place. smile

Kalu Tue 19-Mar-19 12:04:13

In my positive place at the moment. My She Shed ?

Couple of comfy wicker arm chairs, music, coffee maker and a few books. I had this built last year and it is such a peaceful positive place.

Nanny41 Wed 20-Mar-19 09:46:23

I look at the webcam over my favourite place in Cornwall and it sets me up for the day.

Coconut Wed 20-Mar-19 09:52:48

Spending quality time with my adult children, my grandchildren and my friends all keep me positive ... looking at past photos and feeling such pride at how my family have turned out, despite many past difficulties. I do count my many blessings on a regular basis.

rascal Wed 20-Mar-19 09:56:27

My back garden surrounded by mountains listening to bird song. One of the mountains has a large forest too but... The trees are being felled now so... there is the sound of constant machines and not many birds singing ? hmm

Nanny123 Wed 20-Mar-19 09:56:40

Being around people that want to be around.

Anniebach Wed 20-Mar-19 09:57:22

Google Earth, I can go home to Aberfan ,see the family home, the homes where extended family use to live, the streets , rows of houses .

Harris27 Wed 20-Mar-19 09:58:43

I love comfort telly too watching born and bred at the moment and like old time favourite heartbeat.does it for me.

MooM00 Wed 20-Mar-19 09:59:17

Being invited to my Grandaughters primary school today for Grandparents to plant some seeds and doing some weeding in the school garden with the children then afterwards tea and cake. Sure Bliss.

Jaycee5 Wed 20-Mar-19 10:05:42

annsixty You beat me to it. My bathroom is being replaced so my flat is full of gritty dust. The plumber has put the handle to the cistern on the left hand side (facing the tank) so I have to speak to him about that and I have no idea when the builders are coming back and what is happening.
In addition my neighbour broke her windows yesterday and the police were here for hours persuading her to go to hospital. They had to break in her door but at least they didn't smash it up this time, just broke the lock. I swear that the building itself felt tense. She has been keeping us awake every night. She was ram rodding the security door at 3 am. Something happened somewhere else though because the police were here the day before talking about a search warrant and she was shouting at them for a couple of hours.
At least we can sleep again for a little while but then I feel guilty for thinking that because she was in a dreadful state. I'm too tired to go out and my flat is too grotty right now to relax in it. I definitely need a happy place. My anxiety disorder is having a field day at the moment. I'm just trying online shopping therapy.

janma57 Wed 20-Mar-19 10:06:40

bellringing. I would recommend anyone who is reasonably fit, and by that I mean can raise their arms over their head and climb 20 or so stairs, to give it a try. Great people, mentally challenging and enormously satisfying. Get out there and make a joyful noise! Next time you hear the bells at your church ring, go and say hello. Everyone will be thrilled to see you.