Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Tue 26-Mar-19 06:22:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry ,and bright start here in Brackley this morning.
The Warner's at Studley Castle near Redditch trip.
We had about 90 minutes in Stratford upon Avon which was busy as well , considering the month we are in.
The Hotel and part Castle , is still in the state of construction it opened on 1st March.
Warner's seem to be trying to attract a slightly younger element.

Anyway , food was good , the main restaurant, also has the entertainments stage as well, you select your table on arrival , room wise nice, from the lounge cum café you have views of Studley and Redditch , they are doing 2 nighters here also .

because it was not complete we all got £50 back from Warner's but in the operators voucher's who I use for my trips and short breaks.

Mick

Beechnut Tue 26-Mar-19 06:31:17

Good Morning everyone.

A bright start to the day and seems like it will stay that way.

Your trip sounds mostly good Mick, and you have something towards your next one.

Homework day for me and have someone coming to clean out the gutters.

Hope you all have a good day ?

Mapleleaf Tue 26-Mar-19 06:47:38

Good morning mick and Beechnut and all to come.
It’s a chilly, frosty start to the morning here, but I think it’s supposed to brighten up later.
I’ve been up ages, waiting for a work colleague of DH to call and pick up something he forgot to take with him and really needed this week down in the Black Country. Anyway, said item has been handed over, so I’ll have another cuppa then try and get 40 winks - I’ve been waiting since 5.15, so feel shattered now!
Your trip sounds to have been nice, Mick. A shame the hotel wasn’t quite finished, but at least you’ve got vouchers towards your next trip which is a bonus.
Hope everyone has a nice day today. ?

Urmstongran Tue 26-Mar-19 06:51:49

Good morning everyone from a dry but seemingly chilly south Manchester. Yesterday in God’s own county was lovely. The sun shone and it was warm enough to sit in their garden for a while! No plans today so a nice contrast of relaxing - with my iPad to hand of course.
Have a good Tuesday everyone whatever your plans - or like me - none!

dragonfly46 Tue 26-Mar-19 06:54:45

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.
After nurses visit yesterday I have had a recall to hospital to see consultant today so will see what that turns up.

kittylester Tue 26-Mar-19 06:55:32

Morning all from a brightening North Leicestershire.

Yesterday was the day we changed from BT to Sky for Broadband. Well, it should have been!! We have occasional 4G access if we stand in one area of the bedroom!! Guess what we are doing today. angry

NfkDumpling Tue 26-Mar-19 06:57:50

Morning All

A bright and still morning here in the north of Norfolk.

It’s DH’s birthday today, but he’s pretending it’s not happening. Makes it difficult. I know he’ll be upset if I don’t give him his present - the one he doesn’t want as he’s not having a birthday!

Susan56 Tue 26-Mar-19 07:01:24

Good morning,a bright start in Shropshire today.I am meeting a friend for lunch today,we met when our daughters started school together,am looking forward to our catch up.
Kitty,hope you get the broadband sorted.

NanKate Tue 26-Mar-19 07:04:56

Morning Mick and All.

Bright sunny day in Sussex. One DGS asleep other DGS awake since 5.45 needing his inhaler now playing happily with his Lego.

What were you up to Kitty ?

Your brief holiday sounded interesting Mick.

Nana3 Tue 26-Mar-19 07:09:24

Good morning all. It's so much warmer in Lancashire this week. A WI day out for me today.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Tue 26-Mar-19 07:09:35

Morning everyone.

Bright and chilly start in Kent. Usual Tuesday, drive DH to one job, do food shop, pick him up and deliver him to another job.
I will wish Mr Nfk a happy birthday, just don't tell him !
DGS2 is 7 today, he wanted money to choose his own clothes as 70% of his are hand me downs smile

Brunette10 Tue 26-Mar-19 07:17:13

Good Morning from Fife. It's a bright sunny start here. So nice. Mick your short break sounds good, hope you had fun. Meeting a friend this morning for coffee, not seen her for a while so will have some catching up to do. Hope everyone is in good form. Have a good dy.

Gagagran Tue 26-Mar-19 07:23:43

Morning all! Glad your trip went well Mick.

Another lovely morning here on the south coast and the garden looks better for the attention we have given it. There's always something else to do in it though.

I am going to make Mary Berry's banana loaf shortly before the remaining bananas walk off the fruit bowl! Not my favourite but DH likes it. Might put a few sultanas in to make it more interesting.

Hope the day is kind to us all. sunshine

cornergran Tue 26-Mar-19 07:23:59

Morning Mick, morning All from our frosty, bright corner of Somerset. Off out to meet my cousin for lunch today, an hour and a half away, seemed a good idea when I agreed hmm. Oh dear kitty, complaining head on today then. Why are these things so difficult? A quiet happy birthday to Mrnfk, wishing you well today dragonfly, hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

NannyJan53 Tue 26-Mar-19 07:27:07

Good morning from a bright and sunny Black Country, although there was frost on the car first thing.

Mum and I are off on the train to Birmingham today, where we will meet my Niece for lunch, as in 5 weeks she is off to work in Australia for 18 months. Probably manage a bit of shopping too smile

The new Warners Hotel is not too far from me Mick , about an hours drive. May have to give a 2 night stay a whirl sometime.

Hoping your appointment today goes well dragonfly46 flowers

aggie Tue 26-Mar-19 07:32:04

Good Morning from a cold overcast Co Armagh .
Mick great that you have vouchers towards another trip smile
We had a busy day yesterday visiting nursery/garden/cafe , resulting in some vigorous gardening , slept like a log till 5.30 and am now waiting for my muesli to soak up the milk . Kitty I hope you get the broadband sorted quicker than we did , took ages and looooooooooooooooong phone calls

aggie Tue 26-Mar-19 07:33:50

Best wishes to Soop and Dragonfly for hospital appts today xxx

DoraMarr Tue 26-Mar-19 07:37:58

Good morning from a brilliantly sunny Birmingham. I have a follow- up at the hospital late afternoon, then I’ll be going for a pizza at a very nice authentic pizza place run by two young Chileans and their Italian wives. I will have my usual walk in the park and do some shopping this morning. Since both my grandchildren are now walking my brisk walks have slowed to a meander as they examine every stone and stick on the way. I’ll make up for it this morning.

gillybob Tue 26-Mar-19 07:47:31

A very rushed good morning from the NE coast . It’s dull and much cooler this morning . I’m dashing around getting the children breakfasted and then off to do the school runs . It’s always manic getting the younger children to their primary which is miles away from the eldest’s secondary .

Have a good Tuesday everyone x

Nannytopsy Tue 26-Mar-19 07:49:44

Good morning all! I hate to tell you Kitty that my son made that change but the service was so awful they changed back after a few days. Still preparing for estate agents photos so shopping, dentist, (broken tooth), charity shop with a whole car full, work for the afternoon and then an hour in the garden.

Marydoll Tue 26-Mar-19 07:54:21

Good morning all from what was a sunny Glasgow earlier, it's now raining.

After my successful day at Ikea yesterday, I came home to find DH covered in fence paint from head to foot. (He was spraying, everything in sight ) I decided to give him a hand with the bits he had missed. Not a good idea, as my hands are not very steady. Result, two people, completely covered in paint and unexpected visitors arrived!
Neither of can move today, so an easy morning until we do the nursery run at lunchtime.

Best wishes for all those with hospital appointments today.

Kitty, I hope you have some success with your broadband, it's so frustrating.

Have a good day all.

1inamillion Tue 26-Mar-19 08:06:02

Good morning Mick and everyone.
Lovely sunny morning on S Welsh coast.
Looks like a busy day ahead for many of you. Enjoy your stop start stroll Dora and your lunch out NannyJ.
Mr Nfk ??
Hope your appointment goes well dragonfly.

Going to do a little ironing later while DD is at work so she can't tell me off. She can be a tad bossy, don't know where she gets that from ??

DanniRae Tue 26-Mar-19 08:06:32

Morning all from a chilly South East London. Will collect the paper from the further away shop today as it's up a hill so good exercise. I WILL GET FIT!!
Sister-in-law here for dinner tonight so looking forward to that as we always have a great chat and a laugh.
Have a happy day EVERYONE smile

megan123 Tue 26-Mar-19 08:06:58

Good morning from a misty and chilly Derbyshire.
Waiting in today for a furniture delivery.
Your trip Mick sounds good, I have many happy memories of Stratford On Avon.
Good wishes to all with hospital appointments and the frustration of broadband.
Have a good day all.

Auntieflo Tue 26-Mar-19 08:07:35

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all. I have a dental appointment in about an hour, then a visit from my GD her DH and my gorgeous GGS. They are not staying for lunch, (the other Gran has that pleasure) but I did make cheese scones and an orange cake, topped with dark chocolate. GGS is a proper little trencherman.
Volunteering this afternoon, so quite a busy day.
Glad you enjoyed your short break Michael, would you go again?
Best wishes to Dragonfly46, for your hospital visit. We have had many of those recently.
Marydoll, you made me laugh with your fence paint saga.
Have a good day one and all.