Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Tue 26-Mar-19 06:22:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry ,and bright start here in Brackley this morning.
The Warner's at Studley Castle near Redditch trip.
We had about 90 minutes in Stratford upon Avon which was busy as well , considering the month we are in.
The Hotel and part Castle , is still in the state of construction it opened on 1st March.
Warner's seem to be trying to attract a slightly younger element.

Anyway , food was good , the main restaurant, also has the entertainments stage as well, you select your table on arrival , room wise nice, from the lounge cum café you have views of Studley and Redditch , they are doing 2 nighters here also .

because it was not complete we all got £50 back from Warner's but in the operators voucher's who I use for my trips and short breaks.

Mick

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 26-Mar-19 11:50:02

(Just about) Good morning from east London. Bright but very fresh earlier this morning when I went for a swim but warming up nicely now. Sat down to do some paperwork but all good intentions went when I started comparing advice about my energy provider against what I was actually paying. School pickup later then book club this evening. Have a good day.

Willow10 Tue 26-Mar-19 11:40:25

A late good morning from E. Northants - internet has been playing up! I've spent the morning cutting the grass, ironing, tidying up - pootling and faffing as someone else puts it. Internet finally behaving itself!

moggie57 Tue 26-Mar-19 10:54:24

beautiful morning .thanking god for another blue day...(blue sky)am planning a trip to asda by bus. from Croydon to asda wallington. go by tram part way or go by bus all the way ..better get dressed though...have a lovely day all . feel blessed that you are alive.

Legs55 Tue 26-Mar-19 10:24:35

Good morning from a very sunny if slightly chilly Devon. Not much planned for today apart from pottering round the garden.

Grammaretto Tue 26-Mar-19 09:44:33

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Sunny-ish. A day for gardening. We feel very proud to have repositioned the greenhouse glass yesterday.
Sorry to hear of so many woes.
Kitty at least you can connect with GN.
Mick sounds like you had a nice outing.
oldgaijin DD has to shake the ticks off the dog and the DC after their walks in the highlands.

Anniebach Tue 26-Mar-19 09:05:37

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Justme67 Tue 26-Mar-19 09:03:21

Very bright and very chilly here on the south coast, bad night's sleep has resulted in slow moving morning. A trip to the doctors for my yearly check up, then a lazy day because if it warms up a little I am going to make the most of it, and sit in the garden to watch the birds. Enjoy your day.

Greyduster Tue 26-Mar-19 09:02:01

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is cold and grey in South Yorkshire and The Guv’nor has a chest infection, so I don’t suppose we will be going very far. If it brightens up I will do a bit more gardening. Whispers (((Happy Birthday Mr NfK, Happy Birthday tooo yooooo!))). Hope you get Sky sorted soon Kitty. Have a good day folks.

EllanVannin Tue 26-Mar-19 09:01:42

Good morning All x
The sun is trying its best to come out but it's not too cold. Although it was so sunny yesterday I was perished because that breeze was bitter-----but you can't have everything.

Asda later and I've got a list as long as my arm ? I'll never learn that there's only me and the cats !! I've begun to hate doing these shops on my own. It's never bothered me before, ah well there are folk worse off sad

Oh dear I'm getting my moaning done today. I'll buck up as the day goes on-----I hope.

Hope everyone else enjoys their day whatever they do.

dragonfly46 Tue 26-Mar-19 08:43:27

So sorry to hear of your colleague Nelly.
Hope your hospital appointment goes well Dora.

If it is any consolation Kitty we have Sky and love it. If we have a problem they send an engineer round almost immediately. We had one come out last Saturday and sorted out problems we didn't know we had!!
Good luck though as I am more bad tempered when the broadband goes than when the car doesn't start.

Pittcity Tue 26-Mar-19 08:29:58

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
DGS2 has chicken pox and so is with us instead of nursery today. It's 8.30 and I'm already exhausted. You'd never know he was ill if he wasn't spotty.

harrigran Tue 26-Mar-19 08:18:14

Good morning, overcast and cool in my part of NE.
DH has another trip to the hospital in next city, yesterday he was gone for five hours, I am hoping it will be less today as we may have to do a school run.
Sorry to hear of your broadband woes kitty, we have BT and it is superb no problems at all. Family that have Sky are always moaning about it.

Nelliemoser Tue 26-Mar-19 08:16:00

Oh heck that sort of message should not have a typo in it.
sad sad sad

oldgaijin Tue 26-Mar-19 08:12:53

Good morning all from a slightly overcast Aberdeenshire, but at least it's dry. The mutt was such a good boy yesterday, getting the tick removed from his eyelid and the vet's hand is still intact.
Nothing special planned for today as I have to stay in 'til the old car is collected. It's a pottering in the greenhouse day. The mutt is still asleep so can't even have an early walk.
Have a good day everyone.

Nelliemoser Tue 26-Mar-19 08:12:51

Oh dear, a former colleague who had been ill for some time has died. Very sad.
Getting cold is not fun.

BlueSapphire Tue 26-Mar-19 08:10:23

Good morning all; it's bright and sunny in Northampton, and I am just about to hang my first load of washing out, with another lot waiting to go in the machine.

Then a bit of general tidying up, may hoover bedrooms. And make some spicy lamb-burgers.

Early lunch and then a health walk, followed by coffee and chat.

DH and I went to a Warners a few years back, but not overly impressed; the room was fine, but we were packed into the restaurant like sardines, cheek by jowl. We didn't fancy trying a different one. Same with Lochs and Glens holidays, just not our cup of tea.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Auntieflo Tue 26-Mar-19 08:07:35

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all. I have a dental appointment in about an hour, then a visit from my GD her DH and my gorgeous GGS. They are not staying for lunch, (the other Gran has that pleasure) but I did make cheese scones and an orange cake, topped with dark chocolate. GGS is a proper little trencherman.
Volunteering this afternoon, so quite a busy day.
Glad you enjoyed your short break Michael, would you go again?
Best wishes to Dragonfly46, for your hospital visit. We have had many of those recently.
Marydoll, you made me laugh with your fence paint saga.
Have a good day one and all.

megan123 Tue 26-Mar-19 08:06:58

Good morning from a misty and chilly Derbyshire.
Waiting in today for a furniture delivery.
Your trip Mick sounds good, I have many happy memories of Stratford On Avon.
Good wishes to all with hospital appointments and the frustration of broadband.
Have a good day all.

DanniRae Tue 26-Mar-19 08:06:32

Morning all from a chilly South East London. Will collect the paper from the further away shop today as it's up a hill so good exercise. I WILL GET FIT!!
Sister-in-law here for dinner tonight so looking forward to that as we always have a great chat and a laugh.
Have a happy day EVERYONE smile

1inamillion Tue 26-Mar-19 08:06:02

Good morning Mick and everyone.
Lovely sunny morning on S Welsh coast.
Looks like a busy day ahead for many of you. Enjoy your stop start stroll Dora and your lunch out NannyJ.
Mr Nfk ??
Hope your appointment goes well dragonfly.

Going to do a little ironing later while DD is at work so she can't tell me off. She can be a tad bossy, don't know where she gets that from ??

Marydoll Tue 26-Mar-19 07:54:21

Good morning all from what was a sunny Glasgow earlier, it's now raining.

After my successful day at Ikea yesterday, I came home to find DH covered in fence paint from head to foot. (He was spraying, everything in sight ) I decided to give him a hand with the bits he had missed. Not a good idea, as my hands are not very steady. Result, two people, completely covered in paint and unexpected visitors arrived!
Neither of can move today, so an easy morning until we do the nursery run at lunchtime.

Best wishes for all those with hospital appointments today.

Kitty, I hope you have some success with your broadband, it's so frustrating.

Have a good day all.

Nannytopsy Tue 26-Mar-19 07:49:44

Good morning all! I hate to tell you Kitty that my son made that change but the service was so awful they changed back after a few days. Still preparing for estate agents photos so shopping, dentist, (broken tooth), charity shop with a whole car full, work for the afternoon and then an hour in the garden.

gillybob Tue 26-Mar-19 07:47:31

A very rushed good morning from the NE coast . It’s dull and much cooler this morning . I’m dashing around getting the children breakfasted and then off to do the school runs . It’s always manic getting the younger children to their primary which is miles away from the eldest’s secondary .

Have a good Tuesday everyone x

DoraMarr Tue 26-Mar-19 07:37:58

Good morning from a brilliantly sunny Birmingham. I have a follow- up at the hospital late afternoon, then I’ll be going for a pizza at a very nice authentic pizza place run by two young Chileans and their Italian wives. I will have my usual walk in the park and do some shopping this morning. Since both my grandchildren are now walking my brisk walks have slowed to a meander as they examine every stone and stick on the way. I’ll make up for it this morning.

aggie Tue 26-Mar-19 07:33:50

Best wishes to Soop and Dragonfly for hospital appts today xxx