Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(30 Posts)
12Michael Sun 31-Mar-19 06:15:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley this morning , did my clocks last night.
Sunday , off watching Cycling on TV etc.
Today.
Mick

mumofmadboys Sun 31-Mar-19 06:50:24

Good morning all! Wishing everyone a Happy Mothers Day! Quiet day at home for me today after church this morning. Won't see any of our lads- they are all too far away but they will ring. Special thoughts for those who have recently lost their mums or who are estranged from their kids.

Gagagran Sun 31-Mar-19 07:07:59

Good Morning Mick, Mumofmadboys and everyone!

Bit of a change here on the south coast - back to cloudy skies but does seem to be brightening up as the sun comes up.

May get a visit from DD this morning and a phone call at some point from DS but no problem if not. They have their own families and I really don't worry about such things. It's just one day and they show they care in many ways throughout the year.

We did our clocks last night too Mick.

Hope the day is kind to us all. sunshine

cornergran Sun 31-Mar-19 07:34:00

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. Treated to a surprise family family visit yesterday so a ‘normal’ Sunday ahead here although Mr C promised me breakfast in bed. I’ll remind him once he wakes up grin. . Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

BlueSapphire Sun 31-Mar-19 07:35:11

Good morning everyone from a very grey Northampton. Lovely meal at DDs last night.
Today we are meeting up with DS's partner and the DGDs and having a walk around the grounds of a large country estate. Tea and cake hopefully!
Then a take-away this evening. Shan't see DS as he is working.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

NanKate Sun 31-Mar-19 07:42:29

Morning Mick and All.

We had a lovely Spring day yesterday in South Bucks today it’s grey and overcast.

? for those of you missing your Mums.

DH cooking me a rather nice pork, crackling, apple sauce and stuffing lunch today all thanks to Mr Waitrose. I bought mostly ready prepared veg so it can all just be stuck in the oven or microwave.

Enjoy your day folks.

Susan56 Sun 31-Mar-19 07:53:33

Good morning everyone.Dull start in Shropshire.We are off to Stafford today to see DD2,son in law and little B.
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Sun 31-Mar-19 07:56:32

Morning All

A lovely sunny, but chilly start here in the north of Norfolk.

DH is recovering slowly from his diabetic scare and we’re off to DD2’s later this morning for coffee. DS is meeting us there too to hang a new door for them. A bit of a working party!

Grammaretto Sun 31-Mar-19 08:01:10

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The sun is streaming in and showing up the dust
I hope to get some gardening done.
Have a lovely Mother's Day those who celebrate and a lovely Sunday everyone.

DoraMarr Sun 31-Mar-19 08:01:21

Good morning from a rather overcast Birmingham. I had a surprise early birthday party yesterday after our planned family lunch, which was lovely! My eldest daughter has invited me to go with them to an NT property today, so may do that if the weather improves, otherwise I really should do some housework! I’m going to a concert at Symphony Hall this evening.

Brunette10 Sun 31-Mar-19 08:13:29

Good Morning to all and to those who follow on this lovely Mothering Sunday. Best wishes to all and flowers who are thinking of their mum. Going to DD's for lunch then hopefully out in this lovely sunshine with them all to make the most of the day. Hope today is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Sun 31-Mar-19 08:20:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun has deserted us, and it is cold in South Yorkshire. We have a man coming - hopefully - to come and give us a quote for extending our patio this morning, then DD and her menfolk are coming for lunch. GS is staying overnight as it is now the Easter school holidays here confused! Happy Sunday, folks.

aggie Sun 31-Mar-19 08:26:00

Good Morning everybody, sun is shining and I am back in bed with a cuppa , better get up !Took me a while to work out the time , hate the clock changing . Have a good day every one xxx

Marydoll Sun 31-Mar-19 08:28:48

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow.
Just have a chilled out day, I'm hoping to potter about the garden.

DS" made a surprise visit yesterday, but won't see I DS1 and DIL and DIL, as my wee granddaughter is unwell again. It's so upsetting, to see her so poorly.
MyDD is touring Scotland with her fiance, at the moment, but she will be back to tomorrow. I got an early morning call from her, urging me not to go out. I suspect there may be flowers being delivered.
They are completing the whisky trail, which they having been doing for the last few years. Once completed, they will receive a quaich, which they plan to use at their wedding, in exactly fifty two weeks time.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone. For all who are feeling poorly. flowers

Justme67 Sun 31-Mar-19 08:29:37

Forgot the clocks! Had a really good night's sleep first for a long while. Now really late start to the day - Good morning everyone, enjoy your days.

gillybob Sun 31-Mar-19 08:38:52

A bit of a damp start here on the NE coast this morning but the sky is clearing.
I got heaps done in the garden yesterday and a trip to the tip to get rid of a load of rubbish too. Felt a real sense of achievement.

I’ve taking DD for a mother’s day lunch to celebrate her first mother’s day and I have a lovely little surprise for her.

Won’t see DS as he and DGS are at Wembley today to see their beloved Sunderland. I hope they win.

Have a good Mothering Sunday everyone x
My thoughts are with those who are missing loved ones. flowers

Urmstongran Sun 31-Mar-19 08:39:19

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s a promising start to the day. I can see the Pennines ridge and there is a plane coming in to land in the distance at Manchester airport.

Lunch cooked by son in law today. Clocks changed - gosh so many of them aren’t there? Hoping everyone here has a good day whatever your plans or none. x

1inamillion Sun 31-Mar-19 08:54:41

Good Morning and Happy Mothering Sunday.
Cloudy here on S Welsh coast. Will be seeing DS later to eat with us, DiL is working. DD is on holiday but has left a card and gift with her father.

A quiet day for us, DH is head cook and bottle washer at the moment, but I can now prepare the veg for him.
Hope all have a good day. ?

Anniebach Sun 31-Mar-19 09:01:14

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Dreary and cloudy in Powys.

Hope everyone has a good day x

And all good wishes for Mothering Sunday x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 31-Mar-19 09:06:44

Morning all from a bright South Notts. Hope all is well with you all.
Just the usual routine today, going out for a drive, then the weekly shop. Feet up, relaxing. Did the clocks yesterday and mowed the lawn.
Oh Dora please don't mention housework! It pricks my guilty conscience.

harrigran Sun 31-Mar-19 09:07:13

Good morning, overcast and damp under foot here, the only rain clouds on the radar are over us.
Will be seeing DS, DIL and GC today, bouquet arrived from DD on Wednesday. It was her 50th birthday and wanted to mark the day and Mothering Sunday.

kittylester Sun 31-Mar-19 09:09:47

Morning all from a bright North Leicestershire.

I have been urged to stay in this morning but we are going to an Antiques Fair today.

(Hugs) for everyone missing someone today.

Willow10 Sun 31-Mar-19 09:22:23

A late good morning to all. Happy Mother's Day and yes, I forgot to put the clocks forward! grin

Kalu Sun 31-Mar-19 09:53:47

Good morning from sunny Perthshire. It’s a bit frosty at the moment but I have already planted some bulbs in between coffee al very fresco?

That is the very shop Mary . I bought a One Hundred Stars dressing gown depicting a map of New York last year in there but no luck yesterday as I am looking for the Edinburgh one for DD2? next visit.
Sorry to hear the wee one is unwell again. Big get well cuddles for her.

Not a football fan Gilly but good luck to Sunderland and hope your DS and DGS don’t have too much hassle getting a seat on the train home.

Calm sunny day means I can spray paint my wicker chairs?

Looking forward to 2 special deliveries at some point today....Flowers??

Have a pleasant day all

ninathenana Sun 31-Mar-19 09:53:56

Good morning everyone.

The weather has done a complete change. Dull, breezy, with a slight nip in the air here in Kent.
DD is away at a big charity Volvo car meeting in aid of breast cancer so DH is chef for today.
thanks for all those who are sad today