Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Thu 04-Apr-19 06:14:22

Good Morning Everyone,

Its light but its cold and grey here in Brackley this morning.

Slight change of routine today , off by coach again to see " Phantom" at Her Majesty's Theatre in London , this afternoon.
Mick

Anniebach Thu 04-Apr-19 08:54:20

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Justme67 Thu 04-Apr-19 08:54:21

Good morning to you all, it is very cold here on the south coast, the sun is trying it's best, but the clouds are quite threatening. Yesterday we had heavy hail storms which made it look like mid winter out there. The forecast is that we might have more of that, so think I will not venture too far. The gardener was coming, first time this year, not sure that will happen. Enjoy your days.

Pittcity Thu 04-Apr-19 08:59:43

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Chilly but much better than yesterday's rain and hail.
Housework, admin and shopping will fill my day.

aggie Thu 04-Apr-19 09:01:58

Good Morning all from a soggy baltic Co Armagh , had to get my thick furry coat out again

Harris27 Thu 04-Apr-19 09:09:44

Good morning from a cold damp ne. It's my mams funeral today saying goodbye to a lady who was quiet but feisty in later dementia years. Hope I'll be able to read a poem out but wonder if nerves and emotion will take over. So glad her fight is over and do feel relief but immense sadness. X

aggie Thu 04-Apr-19 09:11:10

flowers Harris I hope you get the strength to do your reading xxx

Harris27 Thu 04-Apr-19 09:12:55

Thank you felt brave when i said I'd do it it's a dementia poem and it's so beautiful x

dragonfly46 Thu 04-Apr-19 09:23:35

Thinking of you Harris flowers

Harris27 Thu 04-Apr-19 09:30:05

Thank you dragonfly x

oldgaijin Thu 04-Apr-19 09:37:38

Good morning all from a soggy Aberdeenshire...another day of dreichness, wet, wet, wet. Even the mutt has turned over and gone back to sleep and I can't possibly disturb him.
Yesterday, I checked my late Ma's house and amongst all the junk mail was a M&S parcel containing a pair of quite nice cotton chinos. It was addressed to her by name and the slip inside said they were paid in store, £25 + p&p. Now the weird bit...she died nearly two years ago. Is there a branch of Markies in the afterlife? What should I do with the trousers? Exchange or return? They don't fit me! Suggestions please. Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Thu 04-Apr-19 09:55:23

Good morning from a now bright NE. Thunder and lightning woke me at 5am and then the hail storm started, I thought the roof tiles were going to crack.
Quiet day at home today.

EllanVannin Thu 04-Apr-19 09:58:27

Good morning All x
Bright sunny and breezy here in the NW, a good job as I had to was a couple of throws this morning where one of the cats was sick on. Oh the joys of animals ! Anyway both throws are blowing nicely.

Not the best of nights when I'd realised my medication hadn't been delivered so started to worry. I'd emailed the repeat last Friday so gave the surgery plenty of time. This isn't the first time it's happened and it's really maddening. Looks like I'll have to phone both GP'surgery and pharma which defeats the whole object of the present arrangement.

I'll just sit back and see what the day brings. I wish everyone else a pleasant day and glad to learn that Gillybob is now sparing some time for herself and her own health !

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 04-Apr-19 09:59:05

Morning all from a fairly overcast South Notts. I really ought to get on with the dreaded housework today but I hate it and would rather read, sew, etc.
If you have any sewing skills, could you make the trousers into something else, oldgaijin which would remind you of your mum?
Hope all is well with everyone.

EllanVannin Thu 04-Apr-19 09:59:10

* wash---not " was "

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 04-Apr-19 10:20:44

Good morning from east London where I'm sure there were white patches on the sports field early on. Now going grey. Nothing planned for today apart from choir this evening but just had a request to pick up GD from school, take her to her swimming lesson then drop her to a friend's house as DD has been unable to change her shift.

Harris, hope all goes well for you today. I read the poem 'warning' which starts with the line 'when I grow old I shall wear purple' at my mam's funeral. I did feel better for having done it as it was her favourite poem and said probably more about her than other tributes.

Nannytopsy Thu 04-Apr-19 10:31:16

Thinking of you Harris. Missing the meet-up with the GNs this afternoon thanks to a hospital appointment which they didn’t tell me about until last week!

NannyJan53 Thu 04-Apr-19 10:41:38

A late good morning from a very cold and rainy Black Country!

Work in the kitchen is still ongoing. I have a U3A monthly meeting this afternoon, which is also the AGM. I will be booking 2 trips, one to Cardiff and one to Berkeley Castle.

Thinking of you today Harris flowers

Urmstongran Thu 04-Apr-19 10:59:15

? for you on this very sad day Harris

We had the same poem read by the humanist at my mum’s funeral last March mythbirt as it was one of her favourites too and we all wore some item which was purple. Sad but a comfort.

Mapleleaf Thu 04-Apr-19 11:02:25

Good morning everyone,
It was quite bright earlier on, but the clouds are now rolling in and it's getting windier, though as I type, the sun is putting in an appearance.
Enjoy your trip to see Phantom, Mick and those of you going out with other GN's for coffee and cake, have a lovely time.
I've a visit to the dentist this afternoon, so had better remember my purse!
Enjoy your day, whatever you are doing. ?

Mapleleaf Thu 04-Apr-19 11:03:05

? Harris

Hymnbook Thu 04-Apr-19 11:15:51

Morning frost and mist here first thing sun came out briefly now it's dull. Should go shopping should get some cleaning done but I may just read my book instead. Where has my get up and go gone?

GillHulme Thu 04-Apr-19 11:45:33

Hello everyone. Have just signed up to this website as a new grannie ( Grandson is now 4 months old). Lovely to read how you support each other.

NannyJan53 Thu 04-Apr-19 11:49:06

Welcome to GN GillHulme it is very friendly here!

GillHulme Thu 04-Apr-19 11:56:05

Thank you ?

Urmstongran Thu 04-Apr-19 12:29:57

Hi GillHulme good to have you join us & congratulations on your new family member!
?