Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Fri 12-Apr-19 06:14:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright blue sky start here in Brackley this morning, less chilly than lately.
Usual shop, bank etc today ,mainly quiet after the last week or so, will relax watching cycling on TV this afternoon.
Mick

Gagagran Fri 12-Apr-19 06:21:40

Morning Mick and everyone!

Clear sky and the sun is waiting to come up here on the south coast. It was quite chilly during the night but if yesterday is anything to go by, it will develop into a lovely warm and sunny day.

The dentist put me on antibiotics at my appointment yesterday as there is some infection in the extraction site, but he did the filling nearby. Next appointment is for a new crown then my long (and expensive) treatment plan is complete.

My eye is still very red and looks a mess but hopefully will clear soon.

WI this morning followed by lunch at the pub with DH then a choir friend is coming round this afternoon. Busy day but should be a good one.

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

Beechnut Fri 12-Apr-19 06:31:58

Good Morning all.
Hope you are out of the wars soon Gagagran.
Dry and looks like it might be another nice day. There is a strip of red on the horizon over the river.
I’m going out with my SiL this morning and this evening I might go to a concert.

Hope you all have have a great day 🌺

ninathenana Fri 12-Apr-19 06:42:47

Morning everyone.

Seems a bit warmer today in Kent. I had to put the heating back on yesterday.
It's our 44 th wedding anniversary today and for the first time ever I have forgotten to buy DH a card blush I have a card waiting to be opened and he came home yesterday with flowers. It's his birthday tomorrow too so I will have some making up to do.
Enjoy your days everyone.

MaggieMay60 Fri 12-Apr-19 06:48:36

Good Morning Everyone,

Very bright here in the Fens, I can see frost on my car windscreen so not good for work later! I hope you all have a good day! Off to get balloons later for a friends big birthday.

Nana3 Fri 12-Apr-19 06:51:37

Good morning all, another fine day in Lancashire. My cold is no better, hoping it doesn't turn into that cough that a lot have had.
Should be meeting a friend later, maybe have to cancel. It is only a cold though, not complaining.
Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Fri 12-Apr-19 06:55:26

Good morning from a cold but bright NE.
A day of tootling about for me, DH has hospital appointment at 6pm so will have to leave early to get through city rush hour.
Happy anniversary Nina flowers

Mapleleaf Fri 12-Apr-19 07:02:05

Good morning everyone,

It’s a lovely bright but chilly morning at the moment here in South Yorkshire. Lovely for walking if well wrapped up.

The decorator finished my hall and landing yesterday and I must say what a brilliant job he has done. He loves his work and you can tell. I’m so pleased with it. Now begins the job of putting things back.

Gaga, if your eye is still troubling you, may I suggest you call into your local pharmacist for advice. The pharmacist will be able to look at it and either give you something for it or advise you to see a doctor/nurse at your surgery? Glad to hear your dental treatment is coming to a close - you almost need a mortgage to pay for it these days!!

Nina, congratulations for your wedding anniversary. Might you be able to sneak out later and get a birthday card for your DH for his birthday tomorrow, and a belated anniversary card for today and something nice to cook for a celebratory meal tonight? 💐🍾🥂

Hope everyone has a good Friday. 🙂

BlueSapphire Fri 12-Apr-19 07:05:00

Good morning all. It's a very bright morning in Northampton again.
Off to hairdressers this morning for cut and colour, then a quick trip to Sainsbury's/M&S Food for one or two things.
Hoping to cut front grass this afternoon and finish sorting paperwork. Trying to get everything in order before I go on holiday next week.
DGD danced brilliantly at the show yesterday, and can now have a rest in her Easter holidays.

Willow10 Fri 12-Apr-19 07:13:47

Good morning everyone. Blue skies and sunshine in E. Northants, but a bit of frost on the cars. Had a much better night, only woke up twice with my cold so I hopefully it's finally on the way out. Still haven't got the energy to face ten pin bowling this morning though, so it will be another quiet day. It may be only a cold Nana3, but it can still knock the stuffing out of you, can't it? smile

Gagagran Fri 12-Apr-19 07:16:35

Thanks Mapleleaf - you must be a mind-reader! I did just that yesterday and saw the pharmacist who said it didn't need a GP appointment but to carry on with the eye drops (Goldeneye) and it should clear soon. She said it's like a bruise which shows up as the skin layer as such is missing on the eye.

gillybob Fri 12-Apr-19 07:17:31

Good morning from a bright and sunny (but still cold) NE coast.

TGI Friday !!!!!!

Another sleepless night with a very sore throat and bad chest, it seems like it’s here for the long haul and driving me bonkers. DH has an early hospital appointment in the city and I have my cervical smear test that I have been putting off for ever and waited 10 weeks for an appointment for, so daren’t put it off . Typical that they should clash as I really should have been going with DH . I’m then off to “that bl**dy awful place” but it’s an early finish on a Friday whooooppeeee. Supposed to be working on DD’s garden all weekend. I’m tired thinking about it.

My DH is having trouble after a tooth extraction too Gaga I agree that the costs are eye watering Maple (and will put a lot of people off from seeking necessary treatment) .

Many congratulations on your 44th wedding anniversary nina I think you might have a tiny bit of grovelling to do grin

Have a good Friday everyone x

Susan56 Fri 12-Apr-19 07:19:19

Good morning.Looks like it’s going to be a bright day in Shropshire.Had just started typing that we have a day to ourselves and were planning lunch at Powys Castle when a message came from my eldest daughter to say she is unwell so we are off to pick up DGD.Think we will go to Chirk Castle instead as the gardens are safer.

Marydoll Fri 12-Apr-19 07:25:43

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow, it's -1°, but it promises to be another fine day.

Happy anniversary Nina and Gaga please check get your eye checked.
The same thing happened to me and when my DIL, an optician saw it, she sent me straight to the Optician's to get it checked out!

Doctor's for me this morning to pick up my new medication, which I have been resisting for months. No option now! sad

A quick supermarket shop and home. My joints are protesting about the amount walking I did yesterday, but it was all worth it.
Kalu and Gilly, DH cleared his plate at the Greek restaurant and suggested we go back another time! grin

Have a good day all.

Marydoll Fri 12-Apr-19 07:27:15

Gilly, flowers

SisterAct Fri 12-Apr-19 07:35:05

Good morning. I’ve not posted here before but it feels a warm and friendly site. 🌞. Cool and sunny here in the but hopefully will warm up like yesterday.

gillybob Fri 12-Apr-19 07:37:57

Oh I was wondering what you had to eat Marydoll was it the Stiffado or the Kleftico? Or something else entirely?

I love Greek food but I’m not sure if we even have a Greek restaurant anywhere around here any longer. There used to be one in Newcastle but not sure now. I’m so glad your DH enjoyed it anyway. smile x

gillybob Fri 12-Apr-19 07:40:03

A warm welcome to Gransnet SisterAct hope to see you around a lot more. smile

Where abouts are you in the country ? World even? I’m on the North East coat of England .

Nannytopsy Fri 12-Apr-19 07:40:58

Good morning Mick et al!
Lovely day with a light frost in Leicester and a last push needed in the garden. Just a bit of weeding and planting. We have a second viewing on the house tonight and another person coming on Monday. All very exciting.

NannyJan53 Fri 12-Apr-19 07:51:45

Good Morning from a bright and sunny, though chilly, Black Country.

Usually go on a Walking for Health walk Friday morning, but have to wait in for an Electrician! So confined to barracks! I did go on a long walk yesterday with U3A though, it is amazing how much countryside there is within a mile of our town!

Welcome SisterAct I hope you enjoy the site.

Have a good Friday everyone.

DoraMarr Fri 12-Apr-19 07:52:15

Good morning from San Sebastián, where it is cloudy with the sun just peeping through. This afternoon we are going to Bilbao, so we were hoping to make the most of our last day in this beautiful town, but we have both slept in, and it’s now almost nine! From my window I can see the bay and the beach of la Concha, and the sea is a beautiful jade green. I am very lucky to have spent my birthday here.

Justme67 Fri 12-Apr-19 07:54:19

Good morning to you all, a brilliant morning here, not sure about the temperature, but it looks lovely out there. Off to my little coffee morning to play scrabble, I enjoy that. Also enjoy gardening, but yesterday, found bending over was making me feel dizzy, decided to sit down and weed, forgetting I was going to have to get up again. That was a hands an knees job, but I managed, and not very elegant. Enjoy your days.

kittylester Fri 12-Apr-19 07:55:51

Morning all from North Leicestershire where my weather is very similar to topsy's.

DD3 is coming for the day with the wondrous (and sturdy!) Wolfie. She is also bringing his big brother who is too poorly for school.

Grounds for divorce Nina?. Happy anniversary.

gillythanks

I'm sorry for people with tooth problems!

Urmstongran Fri 12-Apr-19 08:14:38

Good morning everyone from a beautifully warm and sunny Malaga. Yesterday the temperature was 25°C and we needed sun cream on our faces and arms when we strolled along the paseo. There is a sailing club nearby and looking out now there are a few little boats with white sails on the Mediterranean - it all looks picturesque against the blue sky.

Where do you live Justme67? Hope you enjoy your Scrabble - it’s addictive isn’t it?

Happy anniversary nina 4️⃣4️⃣ 💐
Hope all who are feeling under the weather today get well soon.
Have a good Friday everybody whatever your plans or none.
x

Annapops Fri 12-Apr-19 08:17:20

Good morning from Brugge. A cloudy start to the day but at least it's dry. Day 2 of sightseeing.
Yesterday we took a boat trip on the canal and walked for what seemed like miles from one very pretty square to another. The city itself is so quiet and vehicle restrictions make it so easy for pedestrians, as long as you watch out for all those bikes.
Have a happy Friday everyone.