Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(30 Posts)
12Michael Sun 14-Apr-19 06:18:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry and bright sky start here in Brackley this morning, and what also appears to be a frost free morning.

Quiet day today, as I will be watching cycling on TV for something like 6 hours.

Mick

Gagagran Sun 14-Apr-19 06:41:31

Good Morning Mick and everyone.

It's a clear sky and the sun is coming up here on the south coast. It's still chilly but supposed to warm up as the week goes on and be lovely for the Easter weekend.

I still look as if I'm auditioning for a Horror Movie with my red eye. I will try for a GP appointment tomorrow if it is still the same.

We plan a walk by the sea this morning with breakfast at one of our lovely local cafes so that should be a good start to the day.

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

CherylMoon Sun 14-Apr-19 06:47:33

Good morning Mick and all!

I am doing my accounts today. Not looking forward to it. I woke with toothache in the night but it appears to have subsided at the moment.

I hope your eye is better som Garagram , and enjoy the cycling Mick

Ginny42 Sun 14-Apr-19 07:00:10

Good morning Mick. Six hours? You are a true fan, so have a lovely day.

It's another beautiful morning in Cheshire and I'm very pleased as my family are paying a flying visit (literally) for a family party this week. We're having Easter Sunday today, as they'll be gone before next Sunday. Walk in the woods this morning, visitors for a roast lunch, gifts of chocolate eggs and flowers. Happy Grandma!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Willow10 Sun 14-Apr-19 07:27:40

Good morning all. Lovely sunshine this morning, still with a bit of frost. Must make the effort to get back out into civilisation today. Heavy cold has kept me isolated for the last week and I've seen more tv than enough. Have a good Sunday everyone.

Brunette10 Sun 14-Apr-19 07:37:36

Good Morning all and to those who follow. It's bright and dry again here in Fife today but very chilly. No definitive plans for today but think we shall take ourselves off somewhere for a nice run and enjoy the sun. Have a busy week ahead of us so will chill today. Enjoy Sunday everyone.

Justme67 Sun 14-Apr-19 07:42:17

Good morning to you all, the sun is doing it's best to break through a light mist so I think perhaps another fine day is coming not sure about the wind, haven't put my nose outside the door yet, but no frost. Change of plan for me, my daughter and son in law are coming and we are going out for a carvery lunch. Enjoy your days.

1inamillion Sun 14-Apr-19 07:47:01

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
Dry and windy here on S Welsh coast. The wind will be a challenge for the lifeboat crew who practise every Sunday morning.
Hope your eye is better soon Gaga enjoy your walk.
Enjoy the cycling Mick
Have a lovely day this Palm Sunday all.

NanKate Sun 14-Apr-19 07:48:37

Morning Mick and All.

Sun shining in South Bucks hope it continues as my DS and DGSs arrive for almost a week ?. The cupboards are full, I have typed up a menu plan and we are ready to roll. Little will be heard from me this week other than occasional snoring.?

Gaga have you asked your local pharmacist for advice about your eye? They could give you some drops until you get an appointment with the Doc.

Urmstongran Sun 14-Apr-19 07:49:50

Good morning everyone from another sunny day in Malaga. The communal gardens look beautiful as the flowers are out now and the gardener came yesterday to cut the grass and clean the pool. We plan to take our chairs down for a couple of hours this afternoon and sit with a book under one of the palm trees.

Hope everybody has a lovely Sunday whether you have plans or none. x

Marydoll Sun 14-Apr-19 08:00:27

Good morning all from a chilly but sunny Glasgow.

A taking it easy day for me today, I have lost my voice (much to DH's delight) and feeling a bit under the weather.
DH is off to watch football with my son and I shall revel in the peace and quiet.

Gaga, please go and see your GP, it has been going on too long.
NanKate, I hope you have girded your loins. grin
Brunette, enjoy your day out, I'm jealous! So many nice places to visit near you.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

oldgaijin Sun 14-Apr-19 08:08:50

Good morning from a chilly Aberdeenshire. The wind is bitter but it looks like there may be a bit of sun later. Am looking forward to my weekly Whatsap chat with the family...they are seven hours ahead in Singapore so must get dressed as I don't want to get caught in bed! The mutt is still snoozing but I might take him to the beach today...I don't think he has ever seen the sea.
I halved the ironing pile yesterday so will try and finish it today.
Gagagran...how about a black silk eye patch? Very sexy!
Have a good day everyone

harrigran Sun 14-Apr-19 08:16:53

Good morning from a very chilly NE.
GD will be coming for a sleepover. May get to see all the family.

NannyJan53 Sun 14-Apr-19 08:18:01

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

Have one of Partners daughters here today, so we may have a walk along the canal to the fishing lakes where the café there does a lovely breakfast!

So envious Urmstongran we love Malaga, but not going this year, unless I can persuade him to book a long weekend break, but it's finding the time this year!

Sounds like an exhausting but enjoyable week for you Nankate, I am looking after 2 DGD's tomorrow and Tuesday whilst DD and her DH go on a Spa break.

Hope your eye is better soon Gaga as has been mentioned, may be worth going to a pharmacy?

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Gagagran Sun 14-Apr-19 08:21:10

I do quite fancy the black silk eye patch idea but the eye patch shop seems to have closed down. Hey Ho!

I have been using eye drops from the pharmacy for the past week and I am also on a 7-day course of antibiotics for the surgical tooth extraction I had recently so I am well medicated! I used cold compresses on the eye yesterday and that has helped a bit. I will see the GP if it is still the same tomorrow.

Thanks for the concerns - I appreciate it as DH is in his usual tough northerner mode about it!

Pittcity Sun 14-Apr-19 08:56:55

Good morning from sunny Colchester. We are in Spring clean mode here.
I am selling unwanted stuff online and DH is tidying the garage....no danger of anything to sell from there as it could all be "useful" one day.

Greyduster Sun 14-Apr-19 08:59:34

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire and the wind has dropped, so maybe we will get out for a walk today. It will be a rather nervous day for us as Son in law is running in the Paris Marathon today - his first biggie - and I am hoping he gets through it ok.
Gaga your eye problem sounds something like DH suffers from periodically. I hope you get it sorted soon! Have a good day folks.

Anniebach Sun 14-Apr-19 09:00:06

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Wish I could say ‘ I am doing this, going there .

Hope everyone has a good day x

Susan56 Sun 14-Apr-19 09:06:08

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.Church this morning then to a friend of DD’s 30th birthday party.
Gaga,hope the gp can help,if not maybe try the optician?
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Sun 14-Apr-19 09:22:21

Good morning from a bright but very cold North East coast.

Well we got all the fence posts cemented into DD’s garden yesterday ( what a job !) and hopefully they will be all set ready to erect the fence panels today. We are doing the rest gradually over the next few weekends and then hopefully the garden will be ready for DD and baby Grandaughter to enjoy in the summer sunshine

I’m sorry to hear your eye is still troubling you Gaga you really should see the GP now. Enjoy your walk by the sea.

Enjoy chilling by the pool in Malaga Urmonstongran I’m just a teensy bit jealous, it’s blowing a hoolie here.

Have a good Sunday whatever you are doing everyone x

BlueSapphire Sun 14-Apr-19 09:37:50

Good morning from another lovely sunny morning in Northampton. Quiet here this morning as the cats have gone to the cattery.

Just about to have a sausage butty, then shower, dress, and then pack for my holiday. Seems strange doing it on my own and having to remember everything.

Lovely meal out with the family last night who gave me my early birthday present - tickets to a London show of my choice and a meal out. It's going to be hard to choose!

Have a nice day everyone.

Harris27 Sun 14-Apr-19 10:18:02

Good morning all from very chilly ne. Going to christening of a friends baby girl then home changed and radio two! Enjoy all x

Gymstagran Sun 14-Apr-19 10:22:53

Morning all sunny and cold in my part of Black Country. Gagagran did you try the optometrist and minor eye condition service. They are set up to deal with red eye, might be quicker than going to GP.

etheltbags1 Sun 14-Apr-19 10:34:54

Hi I haven't been on in ages so good morning and a happy Sunday to all

Anneliese63 Sun 14-Apr-19 10:36:37

Good morning. Another beautiful sunny, but chilly day here in the Black Country. I haven’t been sleeping too well, but did last night, and consequently it’s a late start for me, which is very unusual! Hope you all have a good Sunday.