Gransnet forums

Chat

Argument with DD’s neighbour

(127 Posts)
gillybob Sun 14-Apr-19 16:59:00

As I have mentioned on the Good morning thread a couple of times, DH and I are in the process of doing DD’s garden .for her and the baby. Yesterday we cemented the fence posts in and today we have been fixing the fence panels, clearing etc. My DD lives on a small estate where each resident has one marked parking bay but unfortunately hers is no where near the gate to her garden . This morning my DH pulled the van into the bay right near her gate temporarily so we could unload. Quick as a flash this woman appeared and started shouting “ this is private property , it’s my bay... get out .... bad language... blah blah blah”
I explained that we would be less than half an hour unloading etc. Then we would move ..... oh no not good enough ..... the next thing a man appears and made some serious threats to DH of what he would do if he didn’t move the van ( it’s a small van btw) right now ! I tried to reason with him by saying
“If you just let us unload we would have been moved by now”
Which seemed to make him worse as next thing he puts his fists up ( silly old b*gger) and says he’s getting the police .... Now we did carry on and unload the van and then moved it but DD is really worried (frightened even ) as we are going to have to move rubbish out and have sand , topsoil etc. delivered soon. Incidentally the nutty bloke is the boyfriend of the woman who’s bay it is he doesn’t even live there ( or at least not officially) . Not sure how we can empty the garden of rubbish without crossing/ using “her” bay ( that she doesn’t even bl**dy well use ) ? DD is really worried . In a way I wish he had rang the police ( how crazy ) . Any ideas how we should handle this ? I have never come across 2 nastier old farts in my life !

grannyactivist Tue 16-Apr-19 22:33:49

gillybob I’m away on holiday with the grandchildren (#toooldforthislark) so have only just seen this. At the back of my house is a private access road leading to our garages/car parking spaces and on many occasions people have completely blocked our access because of having to load/unload stuff from their vehicles. It’s a minor irritant, that’s all - I have never been consulted, nor would I expect to be as it’s a given that people will be on their way as soon as they have done what’s needed. Where no offence is intended I think none should be taken.