Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Apr-19 06:14:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like a grey , cold and windy start here in Brackley this morning.
Bit of Housework etc today , may get the Mary Poppins sequel DVD today.
Mick

Sara65 Mon 15-Apr-19 06:20:30

Good choice, lovely film

kittylester Mon 15-Apr-19 06:33:22

Morning mick, morning susan.

The sky in north Leicestershire is a fabulous pale pink this morning - no idea what that means but its lovely.

Pet shop with dgd3 today to buy new cat bowls and oooh and aaah at the animals, out for lunch and then delivering her home. Phew.

Enjoy your days everyone.

DoraMarr Mon 15-Apr-19 06:53:02

Dull but mild here in Bilbao. Breakfast in our hotel, with a last view of the Guggenheim, then we’re off to Santander to catch the ferry back to the U.K.

NannyJan53 Mon 15-Apr-19 06:56:39

Good morning everyone from a dull Black Country.

Having two DGD's today and tomorrow whilst DD and her DH go away to a Spa Hotel. I think it may be a trip to the cinema today, as still quite cold outside.

Have a good trip home Dora

cornergran Mon 15-Apr-19 06:57:29

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s a grey and windy start to thr day in our corner of Somerset. Two grandchildren to entertain us today, plan a trip to visit an old friend as they’ve not seen each other for a while. It will involve lunch out so no cooking for me today. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Mon 15-Apr-19 07:05:50

Morning everyone! It looks set fair for another nice day here on the south coast and is milder too. Good for drying the laundry.

I am going to try and get a GP appointment when the surgery opens at 8am as my eye is still troublesome. Hopefully they will be able to give me something stronger than the pharmacy supplied.

We have a quiet week on the agenda with both DS and DD away with their families.

Have a good day everyone. sunshine

dragonfly46 Mon 15-Apr-19 07:10:39

Good Morning everyone, strange sky still here in Leicestershire, no frost though.
Must plant out the new plants I bought then Lino cutting this evening at NWR.

gillybob Mon 15-Apr-19 07:11:43

Good morning from the NE coast. It’s a lovely bright start to the day but I’m off to “that place” in just over an hour.

I had very little sleep last night with my wheezy coughing and yesterday’s events going round and round in my head.

I’m picking the four DGC up straight from work today as I have them all overnight tonight and all day tomorrow .
Have a pleasant journey home Dora .

Hope you all have a good Monday x

1inamillion Mon 15-Apr-19 07:18:36

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
It is dry and blowing a gale here on S Welsh coast. Why is it always so windy as soon as the cherry tree starts to blossom?

We are dog sitting for the next 12 days, but she's no bother just great company.
Hope your GP sorts out your eye problem Gaga.

Wonder if you will see any Dolphins Dora when we sailed back from Bilbao there were a load of people with their cameras on deck for the entire trip.
A quiet day for us, DH may go shopping.
Have a good day all.

mumofmadboys Mon 15-Apr-19 07:18:56

We are going away today to Snowdonia for a few days on a walking holiday. Looking forward to it. Have a good day all.

Marydoll Mon 15-Apr-19 07:19:41

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, but the sun is trying to break through.

DH is already out golfing, so I shall have a chance to catch up on some chores. Nothing taxing, as my RA is still playing up.

I'm meeting a friend for coffee later, it will be good to have a catch up on our own, as there are usually five of us who meet, all ex teachers, so you can't get a word in edgeways. grin
Good luck and stamina to all those looking after granchildren over the holidays, our school children are back at school this week and DGD back to nursery, I can venture out again! grin

Gaga, I hope you can get some help with your eye.

harrigran Mon 15-Apr-19 07:25:59

Good morning, overcast and cool but it is expected to improve.
DH has just left for his hospital appointment but brought me a cup of tea so hopefully get it drunk before GD is up and about.
Expecting a delivery this morning so need to be at home.

Urmstongran Mon 15-Apr-19 07:26:39

Good morning everyone from Malaga. It’s white haze/mist cover right now. I can’t see the sea! It was very hot yesterday and this can happen early in the season - too hot too fast. I’ve got some MP3 audio books from the library and I will have Steinbeck’s ‘Mice & Men’ read to me this afternoon. Such a pleasure!

Hope you feel better soon gillybob (what happened to the rest your GP recommended? None for the wicked I suppose). and that you get an appointment today Gagagran about your eye.

Have a good Monday everybody whatever your plans or (like me) none. x

Grammaretto Mon 15-Apr-19 07:32:18

Good morning all from Cornwall. The rain is lashing down on the skylight but despite the weather we've enjoyed our first weekend here for 50years.
My Scottish £10 note was refused on the bus so I had to find coins. Why is that?
We hope to visit the Eden project today which wasn't built last time.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

BlueSapphire Mon 15-Apr-19 07:42:33

Good morning everyone; it's another bright sunny morning in Northampton.

Just waiting to be picked up to start my holiday on the Danube. I'm actually ready an hour early! Seems strange to be setting out on my own and have had a few tears - but it has to be done. Don't think I slept last night, keep checking that I've got my ticket, passport, money etc! No DH to reassure me.... Hope we are blessed with fine weather.

Best wishes to all going on holiday this Easter.

gillybob Mon 15-Apr-19 07:48:50

I Hope you have a lovely holiday BlueSapphire I can imagine holidaying on your own might be a bit daunting the first time you do it (well done you) and I hope you meet some nice fellow travellers. Have one last check and then breathe. Do check in and let us know how it’s going (if you get chance of course) I’ve got the “Blue Danube” going round and round in my head now.... x

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 15-Apr-19 07:48:54

Good morning from east London, bright and clear this morning but what a change from my view of the last few days looking down on Tobermory bay. It was well worth the 500 ( and 20 miles) both ways but at least we didn’t walk it. I’ve got tennis at lunchtime to pick me up and the packing for a few days in Northumberland. Have a good day.

Brunette10 Mon 15-Apr-19 07:49:32

Good Morning to all from a bright but very cold Fife. Schools back today. Everyone seems to have a busy day planned. I have various greetings cards to buy so will pop down the town for a browse. Not been down there since M & S closed will find it very odd. Hope everyone has a good day. For those who have DGC - enjoy! For those who don't - enjoy smile Never understand either why we can't spend our Scottish notes in England.

ninathenana Mon 15-Apr-19 07:58:33

Morning everyone.
Quiet a bright start in Kent, I must get and put some laundry on.
DH will be in the garden most of today whilst I potter in doors.
Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Mon 15-Apr-19 08:03:33

Morning All

Bright and sunny here in the north of Norfolk and hopefully it’s going to get a bit warmer in the sunshine.

Got a meeting this morning and then off to DS’s to take some plants over which I thinned from the garden yesterday. I know who’ll end up planting them!

Justme67 Mon 15-Apr-19 08:04:36

Good morning to you all, not sure what the weather is like outside, it looks promising, it depends on the wind. I aim to get out on my buggie if the wind is not too cold, there are just one or two things I need. I seem to have lost my confidence, but really must. Had a lovely day and meal yesterday with my daughter and son in law. He has finally sorted my broadband and phone, so that I am paying a little less, and I managed to show him how my NGTS system works - he had little faith! (that's a telephone system for the hard of hearing) Enjoy your days.

Urmstongran Mon 15-Apr-19 08:05:45

Hope you have a good holiday BlueSapphire you will no doubt have very mixed emotions this first one without your husband beside you. x

Harris27 Mon 15-Apr-19 08:13:08

Good morning from a cold but dry NE. Had lovely Sunday at a christening and lovely evening looking forward to Easter and the break.having rare Monday's off so meeting friend for coffe and catch up. We saw the Dolphins on a trip to bilbaoa on a cruise happy memories. Have good Monday all.

Susan56 Mon 15-Apr-19 08:13:10

Good morning from a rather dull Shropshire.
We are waiting for the electrician today,he has said he will be with us Monday or Tuesday?we have three year old DGD with us to keep us entertained?
Hope you have a lovely holiday BlueSapphire,as gilly says daunting to be holidaying alone but well done to you??
Hope everybody needing appointments manages to get them and all under the weather feel better soon.
Courage to all with grandchild minding duties this week!!