Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Tue 16-Apr-19 06:15:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey at the moment in Brackley but less cold, hope it gets warmer soon.
My usual day to Buckingham and Bicester using bus services.
Last Saturday , I was in my usual café in Buckingham and was surprised to hear , with a glance as well with someone of the same surname as mine, mind there are distant relative's who live their who I have never met.
Mick

kittylester Tue 16-Apr-19 06:28:46

Morning mick. Morning all.

There is a lot of cloud in North Leicestershire this morning.

Hanging new curtains, making a chilli and helping on an Alzheimer's course for me today.

Sar53 Tue 16-Apr-19 06:31:08

Good morning everyone from a bright Essex by the sea. I've been awake since silly o'clock so decided to get up and read. Not much planned today apart from some food shopping. Have a good day everyone.

Beechnut Tue 16-Apr-19 06:42:06

Good Morning everyone.
Dry and light grey here on Severnside.
Swimming, DIY shop and library for me today and like you kitty I think I’ll hang curtains, in the dining room but they aren’t new, just my summer light weight ones.

Hope you all have a good day ?

BlueSapphire Tue 16-Apr-19 06:43:13

Good morning all from a bright and sunny Prague!
All went well with the journey yesterday and settled into a hotel here for a couple of nights.
Going on a walking tour of the old city this morning and then a folk-lore evening , including a meal, tonight.
My kindle didn't like the hotel Wi-Fi, but the nice concierge sorted it for me!
Have a good day, everyone.

Sara65 Tue 16-Apr-19 06:45:17

Good morning
I have the rest of the week off, four grandchildren coming to stay!
Hope it stops raining!!!

ninathenana Tue 16-Apr-19 06:53:58

Morning all

Lots of early birds today. We are forecast sunshine in Kent but the sun is still in bed for now.
It's Tuesday so it must be food shopping and ferrying DH between jobs.
Have a good day GNers

oldgaijin Tue 16-Apr-19 06:55:02

Good morning from a grey Aberdeenshire...no sign of it getting any warmer. Had a good visit with new oncologist yesterday, who turned out to be rather pleasant. Any more chemo depends on kidney function and scan, which will only happen if kidneys are good. Apparently, it's the dye they inject which sends them wonky. The mutt had a fab walk with a friend and was shattered when I collected him and he slept all day!
Cleaning lady comes today so I shall have a tidy house...for about an hour before dog toys are scattered again!
Have a great day everyone.

NanKate Tue 16-Apr-19 07:04:51

Morning *Mick and All.

Cloudy here in South Bucks.

Second day of having the DGSs staying. Off to what is called a Discovery Centre hope they enjoy it.

What a coincidence Mick.

Grammaretto Tue 16-Apr-19 07:05:08

Good morning Mick and all from Cornwall. I wonder if you chatted to your new relative?
We bumped into Scottish neighbours at the Eden Project yesterday!
I wonder who we'll meet today.

Gagagran Tue 16-Apr-19 07:06:31

Morning all. Looks overcast here on the south coast and the forecast is for showers. The garden will be pleased.

Couldn't get a GP appointment re my eye but it is a bit better so fingers are crossed the improvement continues.

Not a lot on the agenda today but something will turn up - it always does.

Hope the day is kind to everyone. sunshine

dragonfly46 Tue 16-Apr-19 07:10:58

Good morning from Leicestershire. Lino printing didn’t go too well last night! None of my friends will be getting a card with a lovely Easter ?!
Not much planned for today except coffee in town.
Pleased you have a nice oncologist * oldgaijin* it makes a difference if they are kind.

Urmstongran Tue 16-Apr-19 07:13:34

Good morning everyone from a sunny Malaga. The Mediterranean is blue and sparkling and the parakeets are chattering in the trees already. I have a pedicure booked at the salon downstairs late morning but no other plans as such today.

Hope everybody has a good Tuesday whatever your plans or none. x

1inamillion Tue 16-Apr-19 07:19:13

Good Morning Mick and everyone. It rained heavily here on S Welsh coast last night and it is still damp now, though forecast is better for later.
DS and DiL are in Nepal for two weeks so we are dog sitting.

Glad your oncologist was pleasant and explained everything * Oldgajin* makes all the difference.
Have a good day whatever you're doing.

harrigran Tue 16-Apr-19 07:20:20

Good morning from an overcast NE.
DH has had his hospital appointment changed from 8am to this afternoon, I am pleased as city traffic and rush hour is horrible.
I will do some tidying up in GD's bedroom and bathroom.

NotAGran55 Tue 16-Apr-19 07:25:46

Good morning from bright Berkshire . My younger sister is getting married soon and we are having a day out in Oxford looking for ( more ) shoes . And eating cake ?.

Harris27 Tue 16-Apr-19 07:42:15

Old morning from still cold NE. Said its going to warm up for weekend so it better hurry up! Work today only three days to go then long weekend!! Had nice day off yesterday though caught up with friends and ate cake! Fab! Good day to all!!!

Brunette10 Tue 16-Apr-19 07:44:57

Good Morning from a dull and windy Fife. It looks rather cold out too. Have DGS's today as DD has a funeral to attend in the city. Not sure what the day will bring but one thing it won't be a quite one smile. Got it wrong yesterday schools still off! Hoping today is good for everyone.

Justme67 Tue 16-Apr-19 07:45:38

Good morning to you all, overcast here, but always hopeful that the sun will shine later on. Out for coffee morning with my kind neighbour, then home again for the usual nap. Gaga a couple of years ago I had a sore eye not sure that it is the same soreness as yours, had hospital treatment, and then the lovely young doctor told me that it does no harm to gently massage the eye with warm water and a face cleaner pad or cotton wool. I do this on a regular basis, and although the eye is sometimes a little sore, it never gets really bad again, might be worth a try. Off for my cup of tea, enjoy your days.

Susan56 Tue 16-Apr-19 07:49:44

Good morning,overcast in Shropshire today.
We are doing last minute food shopping and preparation before the first visitors arrive tomorrow.
Oldgaijin,glad you have a good oncologist and hope your treatment progresses as planned.
Dragonfly,we tried home made Easter cards with little B last week,he is 1!We painted his hands and feet,then printed them.The hands were made into chicks and the feet rabbits.DD and I thought they were quite successful until I heard DH explaining to his mother ‘it’s a rabbit mum,they painted his foot and then drew on it,no it’s definitely a rabbit’!

Marydoll Tue 16-Apr-19 07:52:41

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow.

A supermarket shop this morning and then pick up our DGD from nursery at lunchtime.

We have seeds for her to plant, so hopefully we will get outside for a time.
She planted seeds last week and was so excited to see one of dozens has germinated. We have no idea what it is, as she mixed up the seeds despite my best efforts to keep them apart! ?

Grammaretto , I keep meaning to wish you a happy anniversary. ???

Enjoy your day everyone.

Auntieflo Tue 16-Apr-19 08:04:14

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all from an overcast bit of Berks. NotaGran55, we haven't got any sun here!
Not much to do this morning, except a bit of ironing,then volunteering this afternoon. Haircut tomorrow, and think about what to pack for next week away. I wish I had a packing fairy.
Have a good day one and all.

gillybob Tue 16-Apr-19 08:13:18

Good morning from an overcast but brightening NE coast. Haven’t ventured outdoors yet but it feels like it might be a bit warmer than yesterday which was freezing.

I have wheezed and coughed all night long (surprised the children all slept through it to be honest) with no sign of it getting any better.

I’m so glad you have a nice oncologist oldgaijin it really does make a difference if they have a kind manner. I sincerely hope your kidney function tests come back favourable and you are able to have more treatment.

Oh gaga I was sure you would have had a GP appointment by now. I hope your eye really is getting better !

We did home made Easter cards last week too Susan56 (oh dear the dreaded glue and scissors) and the girls have got little polystyrene Easter eggs to decorate later today. DH took DGD2 to Asda last night for a couple of emergencies and they came back with..... Easter eggs, the new Mary Poppins dvd, polystyrene Easter eggs, a fluffy bunny..........

I hope it warms up a bit so I can get them all out later. Roll on Thursday Harris27 I just love a l.....o.....n......g weekend, it’s bliss.

Have a good Tuesday everyone x

cornergran Tue 16-Apr-19 08:13:42

Morning Mick, morning All from a very wet corner of Somerset. Our two lodgers are still sleeping. Fire extinguisher is ready for the baking promised for this morning, goodness knows what this afternoon. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Tue 16-Apr-19 08:17:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Cloudy and cool in South Yorkshire. A cleaning the kitchen day today, so not going far. I have just been listening to the organist at Notre Dame speaking on the radio. He sounded so completely lost I wanted to cry for him. Have a good day folks.