Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Thu 18-Apr-19 06:17:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start here in Brackley this morning, change routine slightly.
I will go into Buckingham only today , and try the new Lidl store out , as I like there German food range.

and hopefully today be able to wear lighter clothing if forecast for the next few days is good.

Mick

Beechnut Thu 18-Apr-19 06:26:03

Good Morning all
A new Lidl is being built in the next town so like you Mick I will try it out.
Dry and looking as if it is misty over the river.
Shopping this morning and spot of gardening then u3a later on.
Will you give Your Fred shelter a name Anniebach?

Hope you all have a good sunshiny day ?

Ginny42 Thu 18-Apr-19 06:32:33

Morning Mick,
It's slightly misty in Cheshire atm, but yesterday was gorgeous on a visit to north Lancashire, and more summer weather forecast for a few days. Tired of wearing warm layers too.

A catch-up day today as yesterday was hectic. Going into Chester later for some shopping and a meal with friends.

Enjoy your day whatever you may be doing.

kittylester Thu 18-Apr-19 06:33:01

Morning all from a very misty north Leicestershire.

DH has yet another a hospital appointment today. We are very grateful to the NHS but they do take up a lot of time.

Sainsbury's this PM as we are being descended on for the weekend and I need to stock up a little.

ninathenana Thu 18-Apr-19 06:36:20

Good morning Mick, Beechnut and all to follow.

Grey in Kent at the moment but I have high hopes for sunshine
I may have to do some spring cleaning.
Have a good day all.

NanKate Thu 18-Apr-19 06:42:19

MorningMick and All.

Good weather due here in South Bucks today.

Off to the Bekonscot the miniature village and mini trains today. Survived the Dinosaur show yesterday ?Roll on Saturday when we can have a much needed rest.

Hope your day with the DGC went well yesterday Kitty and all goes well for your DH today.

NannyJan53 Thu 18-Apr-19 06:54:01

Good Morning from a dull Black Country, but it is supposed to be very sunny later.

Dentist appointment at 8.30, then pop to Mum's as she lives nearby. May have a trip to Bridgnorth.

Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Thu 18-Apr-19 06:55:08

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a beautiful sunrise although it still feels quite cold .

Took baby granddaughter to an emergency GP appointment in another town last night as she has a nasty chest infection, poor lamb. I’m not surprised really as both me and DD have been coughing and wheezing for weeks now. I do hope they finally managed to get some sleep last night although I very much doubt it.

I’m so glad it’s finally Thursday and we have a long but busy weekend ahead, starting with clearing the garden rubbish from my DD’s garden at tea time and a possible encounter with the horrible neighbours. I will then have to take my dad to the dreaded Asda or he will want to go tomorrow.

Hope everyone who is poorly is feeling a bit better today.

Have a good Thursday everyone x

Nannytopsy Thu 18-Apr-19 07:06:12

Morning all! The bin men have just been, so our neighbour is busy tolling all the bins back to every house in the Close from underneath our bedroom window. She does it at silly o’clock every week. ?
Grey here too but with better to come. I have hanging baskets to plant today.
Have a good day today and good luck Mr Kitty.

harrigran Thu 18-Apr-19 07:09:50

Good morning, lovely weather here.
DH has already left for his hospital appointment which is at 8am, respite until Tuesday after this.
Must get Easter eggs for GC, hope shops are not sold out.

Marydoll Thu 18-Apr-19 07:10:58

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, I hope it heats up later. It doesn't look too promising.

Hand surgeon today , it involves a train and bus journey. There is no point in driving, as it involves a motorway journey, lots of bus lanes and a parking nightmare. It is just too stressful to drive.
We then have to rush back to pick up DGD at four o'clock.
My BP check yesterday showed it is through the roof, advised to take it easy, easier said than done!
As Kitty says, I'm grateful for the NHS care I have.
Best wishes for your DH today, Kitty.

Good luck with the neighbours Gilly, just phone the police if they become aggressive again. I hope your wee DGD is on the mend.

I hope the sun sunshine shines for everyone today.

BradfordLass72 Thu 18-Apr-19 07:15:33

Hello Everyone,

As always its actually Thursday night here as I live in the future smile

Bright and sunny day, about 22 degrees Celsius and a busy day at my elders group where we had an interesting talk by people who brought an inflatable, walk-in bowel ! grin

This was to encourage us to join the bowel screening programme which saves many lives.

Then we had a farewell to our Treasurer; sang 'Happy Birthday' to our driver who will not disclose his age but its probably late-50's - and marked down the important up-coming dates in our diaries.
ANZAC Day on 25th is next for us.

We ended, as usual, with a delicious lunch.

Hope all went well for Mr Kitty xxx

dragonfly46 Thu 18-Apr-19 07:28:33

Good morning misty here in Leicestershire, cannot see the hills from my bedroom window.

Coffee with friends this morning and a walk in the woods this afternoon.

Good luck to all those with hospital visits today. I hope all goes well.

1inamillion Thu 18-Apr-19 07:55:55

Good Morning. Lovely morning on S Welsh coast.
Hope your little GD is better soon Gilly and that you do not have any more aggro from DD's neighbours.
Hope all goes well with your visit to the hand surgeon Mary

DoraMarr Thu 18-Apr-19 07:57:33

Good morning from a misty Birmingham. I had a lovely day yesterday, beginning with a makeup makeover and followed by afternoon tea, where my sister from London arrived, along with my daughters, my son and some friends. It was a lovely surprise.
Today I have my granddaughter, and she is going to help me choose plants for my balcony.

Mapleleaf Thu 18-Apr-19 08:02:00

Good morning all,

After a slightly misty start, the morning is gearing up to be another glorious day, and warmer too. It’s so nice isn’t it when the bank holidays have fine, dry weather.

Some shopping to do today, then a fairly lazy day, I think.

Enjoy your day today, everyone. ?

Susan56 Thu 18-Apr-19 08:04:12

Good morning from Shropshire.A misty start today.
Got both daughters with their little families and my mum coming for the day today.
Wishing everyone well who has hospital appointments today.
Gilly,I hope your baby granddaughter is on the mend.Good luck with the neighbours,will be thinking of you???

Pittcity Thu 18-Apr-19 08:05:01

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Another warm day. We had our coffee in the cafe garden yesterday.
We have a Lidl two minutes walk away and I am popping in today for some pyjama shorts for DH. You need to be on the ball as they have some good short lived offers.

Justme67 Thu 18-Apr-19 08:13:18

Good morning to you all, the sun is shining, and according to the forecast is going to continue to do so for a couple of days. The gardener is coming, reorganising a 'bank' so that I can reach the top bits, not sure it will work, we shall see. I am off on my buggie, hopefully to do a little shopping. Take care and enjoy your days.

cornergran Thu 18-Apr-19 08:16:16

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset. Ironing, shopping list, GP, lunch out then food shop today. Phew. Get up and go seems to have left me so could be an interesting day. Good luck with those neighbours gilly, call the police if you need to, hope Thursday is kind to everyone and medical appointments have positive outcomes.

Urmstongran Thu 18-Apr-19 08:21:37

Good morning everyone from a wet Malaga! It chucked it down last night but the sun is out now and it’s drying up nicely in the heat. That said I think rain is forecast again over Easter. I read yesterday that the U.K. will be hotter than Marbella, which is lovely for families over there especially on a holiday weekend!

No plans today but probably a stroll out this afternoon to blow the cobwebs away. Hope we all have a good Thursday, plans or none. x

Brunette10 Thu 18-Apr-19 08:22:58

Good Morning from a dull Fife however I think it will clear and give us some sunshine. Very tired today after a good fun day out yesterday with DGS's. Takes its toll though smile. Gilly don't let your neighbours get you down get the Police involved if you have to.. Have Easter Egg hunt tomorrow so have to ensure I have everything. Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Thu 18-Apr-19 08:23:13

Morning all! It's a lovely morning here on the south coast and warm too!

We are back from the supermarket trip and having breakfast then I am off to the library and bakery for a loaf of their delicious granary bread. Trouble is I shall want to eat it as soon as I smell it. I am definitely a bread person. DH is a potato fan.

We have various friends calling in over the next two days so I want to make some brownies and buns to offer. I also want to fit in a visit to see the bluebells which are out in force in the woods I am told.

Hope there is good news for all having medical appointments and that the day is kind to us all. sunshine

Grammaretto Thu 18-Apr-19 08:28:30

Good morning all from the misty East Midlands where we are staying with our DS & lovely family.
There is evidence of Lidl here too especially the midl of lidl grin
Possibly go to a NT property today - or not. The day before Easter weekend is best avoided unless you are feeling very strong.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

Auntieflo Thu 18-Apr-19 08:31:52

Good morning Michael, Annie to come and all other early birds. It looks to be a fine day from what I can see from my bed!. Still enjoying my first cup of tea, the best.
DH washed the car yesterday, I expect she is still recovering from the shock (like me)
Bit of washing, then shopping, but not much , as we are off on holiday in a couple of days.
We have a LIDL on the town outskirts, but not much parking time allowed, especially if you are unfamiliar with the store. I got caught a few weeks ago shock, and we are promised an ALDI with the regeneration going on.
Goodluck to all those with hospital/Dr's appointments. The NHS has certainly been excellent for both of us recently.
Gilly, best of luck with the ongoing gardening project, your daughter and GD will enjoy the results.