Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Good Friday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Fri 19-Apr-19 06:12:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like a bright sunny start here in Brackley this morning, a small shop plus get ready suitcase wise for tomorrows trip.

Mick

Urmstongran Fri 19-Apr-19 08:40:02

Good to hear the garden work done gillybob without any confrontation. Bet you felt a bit nervous when you first pulled up! Well done too sweeping up afterwards.
?

oldgaijin Fri 19-Apr-19 08:43:48

Good morning from what looks to be a sunny Aberdeenshire, once the haar has burned off. More gardening today and hope to finish the seed trays, then I can attack everywhere with the power hose, whoopee! Family is flitting into their new Singapore apartment today, so chaos reigns. The kids will be glad to get their bikes etc. when the container arrives. The pheasants are shrieking for their breakfast so must feed them before the mutt gets up.
Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Fri 19-Apr-19 08:54:22

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Sad because I can’t go to Church

Hope everyone has a good day x

NannyJan53 Fri 19-Apr-19 09:03:34

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

No real plans today, Partner is now off work until Tuesday, so a relaxing one I think. Probably make a start on the garden.

Gilly you certainly worked so hard in your DD's garden, and so glad the nasty neighbours backed off this time.

Loving hearing about your cruise BlueSapphire, you are visiting lots of places I would like to see.

Have a good day everyone.

Harris27 Fri 19-Apr-19 09:40:56

Good morning from a sunny NE. My boys too are at their beloved Sunderland today so will make most of the time alone to catch up on chores but also telly! Lovely to be off work and have nice choices. Need food shop as eldest son called last night which was lovely but meant to do aldi shop on way back from work!! Jacq10 sending you virtual hugs? Have a good Friday all enjoy the sunshine if you have it!

harrigran Fri 19-Apr-19 09:42:03

A late good morning from a sunny NE. I was awake most of the night with horrible stomach pains, thankfully DH doesn't have a hospital appointment today.
Think I will have a pedicure and nail polish in readiness for this lovely weather we are promised.
Good job gilly, the garden will be lovely for your DD and DGD ?

gillybob Fri 19-Apr-19 09:45:30

To all those wishing me well in my DD’s garden, thank you ? I just can’t wait for it to be finished so they can enjoy it . x

crazyH Fri 19-Apr-19 09:46:14

Goodmorning Mick and all. Lovely day here.
Going to the Good Friday Service at 3.
Have a great weekend everyone !

Mapleleaf Fri 19-Apr-19 09:51:57

Good morning.

It’s a beautiful morning here. Plans are to do a bit more in the garden and then relax and enjoy it!

?*Jacq10*. A time of mixed emotions for you, but you will be able to draw on lots of happy memories and the love and support of your family and friends. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Spain.

BlueSapphire, I was in Salzburg a couple of years ago and thought it was a beautiful city. We had a guided tour which was very helpful, then some free time to explore on our own.

Glad to hear that your gardening endeavours proceeded without interruption from those unpleasant neighbours, Gilly. It sounds as if you have achieved a lot.

Enjoy your trip, Mick. Looks as if the weather is going to be a treat for it!

Hope today is kind to everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 19-Apr-19 09:57:50

Good morning all from a bright South Notts.
Put your feet up after all that hard work, Jillybob and enjoy a nice cup of tea.
In this neck of the woods many people work on Good Friday and take Easter Monday and Tuesday off - but not everyone. I had to dash out with the dustbin at 7.30 this morning with my coat over my dressing gown as I'd clean forgot! Next week it has to go out on Friday for Saturday emptying. Not as confusing as when I lived in Devon which had a rather convoluted system.

Grammaretto Fri 19-Apr-19 10:18:54

Good morning all from the train approaching Durham. It is warm and sunny.
It looks like the whole country is on the move.
Have a lovely Easter weekend everyone.

sunshine19 Fri 19-Apr-19 10:39:56

Morning all from East Sussex, Sunshine Coast of the South

Hev61 Fri 19-Apr-19 10:52:35

Cornergrans 12 week wait for physio isn't that bad as I've been waiting 9 months for physio for my hip!!!GP says there's a long wait in my area every time I ask about it.

Legs55 Fri 19-Apr-19 11:14:07

Good morning all, beautiful & sunny here in Devon. Staying at home to avoid the traffic, Moor & Coast will both be busy. I'd rather stay & potter about in my garden. Have a lovely day whatever you're doing.

Rufus2 Fri 19-Apr-19 14:03:05

Good Evening Mike; Enjoy your holiday and if you get to B'mouth keep a look out for all those beige cardis! grin
You could be there in time to see The Cherries play Fulham, although it would be a tame affair seeing as how Fulham are already relegated. Never mind, hope for some warm Riviera- type weather and take care.