Gransnet forums

Chat

What're your bad habits?

(91 Posts)
BradfordLass72 Tue 30-Apr-19 01:13:16

And I mean ones which by your own judgement, rather than anyone else's, you would rather not have.

I run hot, soapy washing up water and then walk away because it's just a wee bit too hot for my hands, and then forget so that when I get back to it, it's cold. angry

I hate wearing rubber gloves, so that isn't the answer. A timer is and I have one - but I forget to set it grin

So, what little imperfections do you admit to?

BradfordLass72 Mon 06-May-19 02:54:29

I did look for you GabriellaG54 but it seems the V-necks don't really have enough room for a long slogan. sad

GabriellaG54 Sun 05-May-19 21:16:01

Wow! I love all of those sayings. Pity that they're not my preferred V neck tees.

DanniRae Sun 05-May-19 09:19:28

I love those slogan t-shirts BradfordLass - are they available in the UK?

BradfordLass72 Sun 05-May-19 04:17:24

I just found a website with t-shirts reflecting bad habits, some of them appropriate for posters here (self included)

One says, 'Hold on, let me overthink this.' smile

AND: 'Sorry I'm late, I got here as soon as I wanted to.'

And the priceless:
'Some things are better left unsaid - which I usually realise right after I've said them'. grin

sluttygran Sat 04-May-19 15:09:27

No apology necessary, DanniRae. I quite enjoy the frisson of having a scandalous nickname! grin

DanniRae Fri 03-May-19 18:10:18

It had to be said sluttygran - but after your explanation I must apologise blush
Oh dear Gonegirl that sounds so painful. Have you tried any sort of therapy?

Gonegirl Fri 03-May-19 16:07:13

I bite the inside of my mouth. Sometimes until it's so sore it hurts to move it. It makes my front teeth hurt too. I am wearing them out. Can't stop. Done it for years. Bonkers.

sluttygran Fri 03-May-19 15:46:16

I thought someone would say that! grin
Actually, I earned the nickname ‘slutty’ because I am incorrigibly and irritatingly houseproud - it’s like calling someone very tall ‘Little John’.
My daughter is even worse, she has terrible OCD, which I sometimes feel may be my fault. We both get very excited about new cleaning products and household appliances - what a pair of saddos - so the shoes are a welcome relief!

DanniRae Fri 03-May-19 11:19:01

Well judging by your Gransnet name I think we can all guess........sluttygran !! grin

sluttygran Thu 02-May-19 22:37:47

My worst fault is that I cannot resist buying lovely shoes which I can’t even stand in, let alone walk in them.
I enjoy wearing them whilst sitting on the edge of the bed, tho’, and once when I had to use a wheelchair for an outing, I wore my ‘killer heels’ and was perfectly comfortable ‘cos I did not walk a step!
My other faults? I’m not saying, but they are fun! grin

pen50 Thu 02-May-19 18:27:49

Deffo ADD here; find it very difficult to stick at boring tasks. Or situations. Or people ?.

FarNorth Thu 02-May-19 16:33:12

That's parliamentary language gillybob.

gillybob Thu 02-May-19 15:13:50

I can barely bring myself to say the words roof wink

“This place” is where I am now ....”that place” is where I go Monday-Friday . It’s kind of a weekday lunatic asylum where I get out on a Friday lunchtime .

Rufus2 Thu 02-May-19 14:25:10

unless it involves "this place" of course
Gillybarb: You've got procrastination, not its opposite, whatever that might be!
Still curious as to what or where "this place" is! confused

gillybob Thu 02-May-19 12:37:30

Me too JackyB its horrible isn't it?

JackyB Thu 02-May-19 11:52:24

I pull the skin away from around my nails. Have been trying to get out of the habit since I was about 6. One day, I hope, I will have nice nails and cuticles, but I'm not holding my breath.

Greenfinch Thu 02-May-19 11:39:01

I make a mug of coffee and then walk away and do somethng else.When I return I have to heat it up in the microwave.

Growing0ldDisgracefully Thu 02-May-19 11:35:43

Ooh, how long have you got?! Sitting around not dressed til midday (like today); a bit like the 1st post - I put the kettle on to boil, wander off doing something else while I'm waiting for it, then have to reboil it as it's gone cold; ditto make tea and forget to drink it; mounds of future craft projects; keeping clothes that seem to have shrunk, and procrastination about starting a diet. I think there's many of us on here who get on soooo well because of our similarities!

gillybob Thu 02-May-19 11:22:17

What is the opposite of procrastination? I have that !

I just can't seem to put anything off once I have got the idea into my head, unless it involves "this place" of course.

My absolute worst habit is biting my nails and I hate it ! My GP once said that it was a form of "self harm" !

TerryM Thu 02-May-19 11:14:07

Giggle type bad things
I waft around in pjs till sometimes midday (this will change when husband retires )
I read way to late and then sleep in as well

On real type bad things
Always always have to be on time. Visiting I will park in another street and then drive over with a minute or two to spare
I worry about things I cant control.

Margaux Thu 02-May-19 10:16:45

Hooked on the internet....

Niobe Thu 02-May-19 08:48:55

I always look forward to trips and holidays but on the evening before going I always wish I could stay home as I wonder if some disaster is going to befall us and I will never see my house again.

Like DanniRae's mum , if my husband is late home I start to visualise his funeral and how I would have to organise it. When he does get home there is a momentary relief that I won't have to go through all that, yet.

Leaving the bedroom so untidy because no visitor is going to see it anyway. I am trying to find a place for everything so I can get into the habit of putting things away in the same place at once. It is beginning to work as I find it easier to find things.

DanniRae Thu 02-May-19 08:28:54

I am a worrier and I am always anticipating trouble in the future. My son is getting married abroad and I ashamed to say that I am dreading it. What 'ifs' fill my mind - especially in the middle of the night. My eldest daughter is the same and my mum always said if any of her family were late home that she had been 'planning what to wear to the funeral!"

NanKate Thu 02-May-19 07:17:50

I used to be so carefree, but now I am a constant worrier.

I avoid housework, but I am tidy.

I write To Do Lists then don’t look at them.

I am on my IPad too much and read books less. I am making an effort to get back into reading as opposed to surfing.

Sara65 Thu 02-May-19 07:06:33

Extravagance, always lived beyond my means, trying to be more sensible now, in case I drop dead and my rather sensible children go through my finances with horror!

Always happy enough for me to treat them of course!