Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Tue 30-Apr-19 06:12:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull and misty but a dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day of housework, then Buckingham and Bicester.
Coffee in my favourite cafes in those towns.
Mick

Harris27 Tue 30-Apr-19 08:30:51

Good morning all misty start to day in the NE. Have hospital appointment today so rare day off work. Finally get last bit done blowing tests nothing major just to get asthma under control hopefully my winters seem to be getting longer chest wise!! Hopefully get some work done this morning ironing etc but might make way for cuppa I garden later if weather turns. Good day to all.

Sprout Tue 30-Apr-19 08:37:26

Morning everyone not so bad here in Kent. Hope it will brighten up later the grass needs cutting otherwise I won't be able to see the dogs as they are little ones. Going shopping first though. Hope everyone has a good day.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 30-Apr-19 08:38:53

Morning all from a misty South Notts. I tackled the ironing earlier so that's one job ticked off the list.
Lunch with an old school friend later.
Hope all is well with everyone.

travelsafar Tue 30-Apr-19 08:54:40

Beautiful sunny morning here at the moment and hoping it lasts all day as playing my first bowls match of the season this afternoon. Currently waiting for workmen to arrive to complete a job in our front room. Once they arrive i can get on with doing a few jobs in the greenhouse, because i know the minute i step out the back they will arrive!!/Have a great day everyone.

crazyH Tue 30-Apr-19 08:57:00

Goodmorning Mick and all.
Best wishes and thoughts to dragonfly, and all who are not having a good day, for whatever reason.

oldgaijin Tue 30-Apr-19 08:58:58

Good morning from a bright Aberdeenshire. The mutt and I are going to the woods for his usual romp and chase. Yesterday he met a Newfie/St. Bernard cross, the Little and Large of the dog world!
Last night, I took some pots of stuff out of the freezer...today we are going to play the 'what is it?' game. Tattie soup and Apple sauce look very similar... I must learn to write labels!
Have a good day everyone.

EllanVannin Tue 30-Apr-19 09:09:31

Good morning All x
From another sunny morning in the NW. A trip to Asda today cutting through the cemetery by way of exercising my legs which didn't seem to want to work yesterday ! Not a nice feeling when you have circulatory problems. I'm a brisk walker too generally.

Will be thinking of Dragonfly and her appointment so hope all goes to plan there, also anyone else who has anxieties about one thing or another.

Anniebach Tue 30-Apr-19 09:09:38

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Pittcity Tue 30-Apr-19 09:32:46

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Heating still on.
I was all ready to walk into town for a mooch around but the shops when a message arrived saying that a parcel would be arriving...not expected until the weekend.
So I will clean and iron and hope it arrives early so I can get my walk in before DH gets home from fishing.

janclem Tue 30-Apr-19 10:07:23

good morning from a sunny Brighton. I'm on a train to work in London - freelance but semi-detached is my description. semi-detached from the world of work and equally so from retirement! a foit in both camps...

janclem Tue 30-Apr-19 10:10:12

typo should be 'foot'

Gaggi3 Tue 30-Apr-19 10:29:19

Good morning all from a sunny SE. Rarely post on here as I'm a late riser. Good luck to you, janclem. DD commutes from Brighton to London and has had some fraught experiences. Went to a NT property near here yesterday with DH,DD DGS and his friend. Lovely rhododendrons, wisteria and tulips. Best wishes to all who are sad, worried or ill.

Legs55 Tue 30-Apr-19 10:44:48

Good morning all, started off sunny here in Devon but becoming hazy, might stay fine/might not. Ironing to do & plenty to do in the garden, if it stays fine the gardening will win. flowers for all that are having a difficult time.

CaroleAnne Tue 30-Apr-19 10:55:42

Hi Gillybob. I am rather curious and inquisitive to know where "That Place" is that you mention on occasions.
I apologise in advance if I have caused you any discomfort by my enquiry. thanks

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 30-Apr-19 10:57:21

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny at the moment. Fantastic result in the tennis match, the team returned to winning form. We didn’t win a single match last season and so have dropped down a division. Back to earth with the weekly shop, school pick up then book club tonight. Have a good day.

Rufus2 Tue 30-Apr-19 14:55:51

know where "That Place" is that you mention on occasions
I'm mystified too!. Only thing I can think of, from personal experience, is the outside loo! They used to be very common "oop North"! grin