Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(37 Posts)
dragonfly46 Wed 01-May-19 07:17:46

Good morning the sun is beginning to poke through.
My 40 year old daughter is having a hip replacement today so more stress after the oncologist yesterday which went better than expected.

So sorry you had a bad night kitty maybe a trip to the GP this has been going on too long,
Hope your day is better Gillybob.

1inamillion Wed 01-May-19 07:17:28

Good Morning Mick and everyone. Trying to rain here on S Welsh coast.
DH had a wisdom tooth removed yesterday and has another appointment next week to have a crown fitted.

Look after yourself Kitty sorry you had such a bad night.
A bit of a nightmare day for you Gilly hope the leak is sorted at the primary school.
Have a good day everyone.

JonathanMetcalf Wed 01-May-19 07:16:51

Good morning,
I totally agree with your point, Nan.
But I am still in confusion how is it possible?

NanKate Wed 01-May-19 07:09:39

Gillybob how do you manage it all? You need a medal for your great work in looking after your 4 grandchildren. ?

NanKate Wed 01-May-19 07:05:25

Morning Mick and All.

Poor you Kitty you are having a dreadful time of it. ?

Morris dancing at 5.30 ? Enjoy the cycling Mick.

Off to meet a friend for a light lunch at our nearest NT gardens today.

gillybob Wed 01-May-19 07:04:35

Good morning from the NE coast. A beautiful sunny start to the day here.

All the best plans in the world have room to go pear shaped! I had heaps to do yesterday but ended up wasting a lot of time ! After dropping DGD 1 at secondary school and DGD2 and DGS at primary (in another town) I just made it back home with the baby ready to feed her when I received a call to go back and pick the primary school children up as they had discovered a water leak in a classroom ! I wasn’t happy . The baby had already been stuck in the car for over an hour and the thought of strapping her back in for another long journey did not go down very well, at all ! Grrrr

Still not sure whether they are in or not today as there is no information available. They forget that not everyone lives around the corner to school ! My DGD 2 is already stressed about her up and coming year 6 SATS so I hope they manage get something sorted sooner rather than later.

Anyway after all that it was little Evie’s birthday ( the first part of which was spoiled being stuck in the car for almost 2 hours) . But later we had a lovely birthday tea for her and her cousins and mummy and daddy arrived home from work just in time ! Lots of balloons, cake and mess.

Hoping primary grandchildren are back into school today otherwise I will have to drag them along to “that place” . Perish the thought.

Have a good Wednesday everyone x

harrigran Wed 01-May-19 06:54:51

Good morning from an overcast but dry NE.
Another lunchtime appointment for DH so I will just do some tidying up and catching up of TV.

kittylester Wed 01-May-19 06:48:58

Morning and happy May Day, its quite bright in North Leicestershire but not sunny.

I had a dreadful night but am determined to be productive today.

Enjoy your days everyone.

NfkDumpling Wed 01-May-19 06:42:24

Morning All

Quite foggy here this morning, but the sun should ‘burn through’ later and I’ll be able to get into the garden to deal with early weeds. A large pile of ironing awaits first though.

Beechnut Wed 01-May-19 06:39:04

Did you go and see the dancing Mick

Beechnut Wed 01-May-19 06:37:47

Good Morning and punch punch everyone.
Looks dry and bright but rain is forecast for later.
A home day for me. At the dentist yesterday I decided to have my chipped and filled tooth replaced with a crown.
Afterwards I went for a mooch around the shops. Everyone I spoke to seemed very cheery and remarked how lovely the weather was.
I hope you all have the best day you can ?

12Michael Wed 01-May-19 06:15:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
This being the st of May, there has been Morris Dancing on the Piazza by the Town Hall since 0530 this morning.
Usual day for me , some cycling on Tv later, wait announcement of the former team Sky livery today.
Mick