Gransnet forums

Chat

a man’s internal feeling that he is a woman has no basis in material reality?

(344 Posts)
FarNorth Sun 05-May-19 19:03:36

Maya Forstater, an internationally renowned researcher on tax avoidance, has been sacked for saying that transwomen are not women.

Her employer, the London office of the Centre for Global Development, said -
“You stated that a man’s internal feeling that he is a woman has no basis in material reality. A lot of people would find that offensive and exclusionary.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tax-expert-fired-for-saying-trans-women-aren-t-women-tpqgnm9vj?shareToken=662fc429bc2d409a9db729bd3cbc4d4c&fbclid=IwAR0F1o0RkktqyxEeA2guiz2K47W7Qtz8cLckWdf70Gd6EwC5TS3PPcmdUJc

pinkquartz Mon 20-May-19 20:05:03

Its the same mentality as incels.

I don't know what this means , please explain.

Also you say that "
They still don't. Lots of lesbians and transvestites etc are on the gender critical side of this too. Miranda Yardly who I linked just a few posts back for her blog exposing JY, is a transwomen herself. A gender critical one who opposes self ID

yet this debate is fired by the transwomen who are showing anger towards females born as women, and there are plenty of other examples on this thread.....so I am very pleased to read that many transwomen are not angry but clearly many are.
The last comment I read refers to transwomen having periods ?? and lesbians being taught to suck a dick without referencing it as a dick.......this is not a female friendly attitude.

TerriBull Mon 20-May-19 20:05:26

For a person with a penis and testicles to say they are having heavy periods is preposterous. On that basis why don't we, the female posters on GN, ask to have our prostates examined hmm and if we did just that, would our GPs not come to conclusion that we had a form of psychosis. What sort of a world are we entering if we have to lie about basic biological facts hmm

SueDonim Mon 20-May-19 20:10:32

You might be happy to be a non-man, Varian. I, and many other women, are not. This is how the Green Party regards those of us who not of the male sex - we are no longer women.

notanan2 Mon 20-May-19 20:13:05

Incels are men who express rage towards women who dont want to f*ck them basically. It means Involuntarily Celebate. It is a whole depressing rabbit hole that you dont want to google if you are enjoying a pleasant monday evening...

I cant see that telling lesbians that they cant say that lesbians dont want their dick can be interpreted any differently TBH

notanan2 Mon 20-May-19 20:17:01

Varian might also be happy to work at a place like where I work, where data on all protected characteristics except sex are being collected and analysed in relation to staff satisfaction, progression, stress and bullying.

I am not. But its okay that Varian feels okay about that.

What is not okay is pretending that it doesnt directly affect me, or women in general. In very real ways.

Feel how you like. But dont pretend its not happening and not directly affecting natal women

notanan2 Mon 20-May-19 20:18:15

P.s. "sex" has been replaced with "gender identity"

The race, disability etc boxes remain as was..

TerriBull Mon 20-May-19 20:20:00

"when I say a word it means whatever I want it to mean" so said Humpty Dumpty, well before he fell off the wall and ended up cracked sad

varian Mon 20-May-19 20:20:08

I am a woman, but quite relaxed about this trans issue, I imagine like most women are.

It just surprises me that other women who don't seem to have any first hand knowledge, or family, friends or aquaintances experiencing these problems, seem to spend so much time reading about it and getting worked up about it.

notanan2 Mon 20-May-19 20:23:57

Varian I just gave you an example of my first hand experience of how self ID is affecting women in my workplace in a problematic way!

TerriBull Mon 20-May-19 20:26:13

Maybe you wouldn't be so relaxed if you were a pre pubescent girl emerging from a toilet and being asked by a trans woman about your periods and what tampons you use and how you insert them.

Most of us here are older women we aren't the ones who are going to be most affected by those extremists who want to invade all female spaces where many women and girls and want their privacy.

notanan2 Mon 20-May-19 20:27:07

Another poster just gave you an example of how trans ideology is overriding (not co existing with) womens issues in the Green party.

This thread is about a woman who is not allowed to say what a woman biologically is.

This. Affects. Women.

notanan2 Mon 20-May-19 20:51:25

Here is a natal woman, with no direct personal experience of being a transwoman who got her skull fractured because we are not allowed to say "hang on, transwomen are not actually the sames as natal women though are they?..."

bjj-world.com/transgender-mma-fighter-fallon-fox-breaks-skull-of-her-female-opponent/

Not her problem??

Bridgeit Mon 20-May-19 20:52:53

Meanwhile else where in the world little humans, grown humans, every type of man /womankind are still starving, homeless, society less, love less etc etc ..... but hey let’s worry about what titles we attribute to every connotation of us beings who/ whom are so called ‘Humans’ !
Seriously who cares, does it matter? Let’s Choose a tag to label our selves with & get on with life thankfully with a roof over our head & food in our bellies ?

notanan2 Mon 20-May-19 21:00:14

Yeah because you cant care about poverty and girls/womens rights huh? hmm

Bridgeit Mon 20-May-19 21:06:27

I will never enjoy sucking anything from a lolly to lozenge again,
For me You have now sullied the use of the words suck & sucking ?

TerriBull Mon 20-May-19 21:08:03

"I'm a women, but quite relaxed about the trans women issue, I imagine most women are" in your world maybe! That certainly wasn't the case with the female bathers at the Hampstead "women only" pond, who were less than happy when transwomen started to use them, the "mixed" bathing ponds weren't to their liking for some inexplicable reason. Conversely, when women tried to access the "men only" pond they were ejected. I imagine most women won't be happy having their women only spaces threatened, spaces where they may feel quite vulnerable. Only works one way it seems transwomen into female only spaces hmm

Bridgeit Mon 20-May-19 21:10:30

Ohhh yes I most certainly do.
You have no idea what I have worked with & dealt with, your flippant descriptions are not in the least bit useful or helpful

notanan2 Mon 20-May-19 21:12:08

Weeelll Bridgeit.... yeah. Not sure any of us saw the lady dick thing coming....

Ooop just realised what I did there..

Bridgeit Mon 20-May-19 21:16:08

Well let’s hope you can tell the difference between coming & going.

notanan2 Mon 20-May-19 21:27:13

I can tell the difference between male and female biology and anatomy if that counts? Wanna know how the skeletal differences within the pelvis give male athletes an advantage no matter how they identify?

Bridgeit Mon 20-May-19 21:29:02

Why should she be sacked ?
What is wrong with being titled a woman , a man, a trans & on & on , we are all Humans for goodness sake, & if that’s causing problems drop all titles/ terms, just use the name that was chosen / given to you at birth, ohh hang , we can change our names if we want to ........ ahh I know let’s just all be nobodies, or perhaps we could have barcodes! But cut each other some slack & use a bit of common sense & kindness.
I am upset children are still starving, not wether my Aunt Fanny is actually Uncle Dick !

notanan2 Mon 20-May-19 21:39:27

Yeahhh potato potato

Prisoners are just prisoners... women incarcerated with men = FIIIINE. It'll be fine.... yeah....

Bridgeit Mon 20-May-19 21:44:04

Notanan2, it would help if your posts were a little more direct in content

Bridgeit Mon 20-May-19 21:46:08

It is already disgraceful that prisoners are not kept safe from each other what ever the gender.

FarNorth Mon 20-May-19 21:51:50

most readers would just move on.

Exactly, and that's why most people aren't aware of changes that are being made, and won't notice them until it's too late.

For instance, I work for a large company with branches throughout the UK and it now has an Inclusion Policy to accept the statement of any staff member as to which sex they are, or if they are non-binary.
Staff are free to use the facilities (toilets & changing rooms) that 'match their gender identity' including swapping from one to the other on different days or at different times of day.

Can you really see no possible problem with this, varian?