Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning May Bank Holiday Monday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Mon 06-May-19 06:12:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright start but looks less windy this morning, in Brackley, a quiet day for me pottering around the flat , sort out fridge/freezer .
Mick

NanKate Mon 06-May-19 14:43:02

Hello Mary how wonderful to see you posting again on GN. I can taste that soup now, you’ve made me hungry. Look after yourself my friend. ???

Mapleleaf Mon 06-May-19 13:44:28

Good afternoon,
A cool, grey afternoon with the occasional drop of rain, but not as bad yet as was forecast.
Been out and bought a water feature for the back garden, so that will be set up next weekend.
Did a lot of trimming and pruning yesterday, so the garden is beginning to look a lot tidier. We just want the warmer weather back to sit out and enjoy it!
Good to hear you are back home, Marydoll. I hope you got your soup and enjoyed it. There's nothing quite like your own bed, either, is there?
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day. ?

moggie57 Mon 06-May-19 13:16:03

its afternoon now. was so tired i overslept. had grandchildren/daughter after church on sunday. always on the go. next week will think of something a bit more calming........downstairs neighbours boy always hollering and shouting ...just what i dont need. in end banged on my floor and told him shut up its my day off.everything gone quiet now...

Nanny123 Mon 06-May-19 12:00:52

Happy Bank holiday

It’s just another Monday for me. My hubby works every single bank holiday and not working myself it’s nothing special. Unlike when I was working the buzz I got on the Friday of a bank holiday was amazing

crazyH Mon 06-May-19 11:29:40

Glad to hear you're feeling better Marydol, and feeling like getting dressed. Enjoy your tomato soup - Just the opposite here - still in pyjamas - taking it easy - enjoy, whatever you're doing xx

Gonegirl Mon 06-May-19 11:18:11

Good morning everyone.I'm off to two May Fairs, hopefully to eat cake and hot dogs. Stuff the diet.

Last year it was far too hot. This year, bloomin' chilly!

henetha Mon 06-May-19 11:15:58

It's a bit cloudy here in south Devon today. I've devoted the whole weekend to the garden, - cutting the grass, weeding, painting the fence and garden seat etc.

GabriellaG54 Mon 06-May-19 11:10:18

It's a hard life Urmstongran but somebody's got to do it. ??? ? ? ?

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 06-May-19 10:59:36

Good morning from east London and it’s a cool and cloudy one. Great day for a barbecue which I’m in the throws of preparing, 9 adults and GD. Have a good day.

fairisle Mon 06-May-19 10:57:59

Morning everyone,Marydoll welcome backflowers

Urmstongran Mon 06-May-19 10:09:41

Ooh GG54 cakes and weight loss. My idea of heaven! That said you’re training for your marathon..... I couldn’t do that bit. That’s the trade off!
?

annsixty Mon 06-May-19 09:39:31

Good morning from a chilly but very sunny Stockport.
I am just posting to say Welcome back Marydoll and do as you are told, rest and let people take care of you.

oldgaijin Mon 06-May-19 09:35:59

Good morning from a bright, sunny, cold Aberdeenshire. Welcome back Marydoll...I ken fit a goonie is, div ye hae yer baffies? How do hospitals manage to make presumably good quality supplies in to something totally inedible?
Usual mutt walking and a bit of laundry...just the stuff that goes in to the drier. Life is too short to peg out knickers and socks.
Have a good day everyone.

GabriellaG54 Mon 06-May-19 09:32:49

Good morning from South East Surrey. Blue skies, fluffy clouds but not particularly warm.
I was up early watering pots and saw a fox which just looked but didn't seem fazed.
I'm helping with teas at a local cricket match this afternoon and have promised cakes which I made last night, a marbled choc/vanilla baked in a bundt pan and 3 dozen madelines to be served with strawberries and cream.
Hoping for some ☀️
Good to read that you're home Marydoll I hope your recovery continues.
Standing on the scales today for the first time in about 8 months I'm
1st 1lb lighter but don't look any different except belts can go tighter.
I'm not even dieting.
Anyway, hope everyone has a good stress-free BHM. grinflowers

aggie Mon 06-May-19 09:19:09

Great to read that you are back in your own bed Marydoll smile

Grammaretto Mon 06-May-19 09:15:24

Welcome home Marydoll!!
It's good to see you back.
Take it easy now. I hope they found you something you can have without the allergic reaction.
DH can't take morphine . He had a terrible reaction in hospital once.

crazyH Mon 06-May-19 09:09:57

Goodmorning Mick and all.....think I'll have a quiet day today - all my shrubs have turned into trees, so I need to find someone to chop them all down. Will be phoning around to get estimates.
Where in South Wales are you 1inamillion? There are a few of usnhere

Anniebach Mon 06-May-19 08:59:45

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Pittcity Mon 06-May-19 08:55:30

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. We are going to watch DD and DGS compete in a May Day run.

gillybob Mon 06-May-19 08:53:25

As a very last minute thing DH and I are spending a couple of days on the Scottish Borders. Nothing too exciting just a couple of days of nice walks and mind clearing . It’s been throwing it down with rain and is quite cold too but hey ho ......

A HUGE welcome back to you Marydoll you have been missed . There’s nothing like your own bed, your own pj’s and Heinz tomato soup with dippy bread to set you on the road to recovery . Do try and take it easy .

Have a good bank holiday Monday everyone x

kittylester Mon 06-May-19 08:49:03

Good morning all from a bright but chilly North Leicestershire.

How lovely to see you back marydoll.

I might try to iron today.....possibly.

DoraMarr Mon 06-May-19 08:46:30

Good morning from a cloudy Birmingham. It was sunny just ten minutes ago, but it looks quite glum now.
Welcome back Marydoll, and take it easy. I like tomato soup with grated cheddar in it, and toast to dip in.
Well, I had planned a trip to a local garden to see the bluebells, but a) it’s closed and b) it looks like rain, so the park it will have to be.

Urmstongran Mon 06-May-19 08:44:05

Good morning everyone from a cool but dry South Manchester. It’s my husband’s 67th birthday today. I always recall he shares it with Tony Blair (!) who is a year younger.

We are having dinner with family this afternoon and I’m sure the smalls will keep us all entertained!

Glad you’re well now and home Marydoll we’ve missed you.

NannyJan53 Mon 06-May-19 08:29:06

Good Morning from a chilly Black Country. Roll on summer!

Not a lot planned today, as I am still suffering from the effects of a bad cold. Sore throat has gone now so hopefully over the worst.

Welcome back to Marydoll I hope you are feeling much better, but it obviously was quite a scare for you!

Have a good day everyone

BlueSapphire Mon 06-May-19 08:28:20

Good morning all from a grey Northampton.

Nothing planned for today; was going to do more gardening but after spending half of yesterday cutting the grass, half- mooning the edges and going round with the shears will give it a rest, and the weeds can enjoy a few more days! Moved the garden table and chairs to the smaller patio, looks neater, and meant I could give the large patio a good clean.

Hope everyone enjoys their Bank Holiday.