Gransnet forums

Chat

Meghan

(230 Posts)
BlueSapphire Thu 09-May-19 08:06:02

Does anyone agree with me that Meghan looks a lot better with her bit of pregnancy weight? Her face has filled out and she looks really healthy and well. Of course she looks so happy with her new baby, but there is a glow about her that we haven't seen before. I hope she doesn't try and slim back into her jeans within a couple of weeks, as most celebrities seem to do.

Bridgeit Wed 15-May-19 16:11:25

Very good , so true, for individuals
Can’t work if you put yourself in high office?

gillybob Wed 15-May-19 15:01:52

Blimey that's one long link. Avery funny (and quite true) song though, the message being that you might as well just do whatever you want to, cos you really can't win.

gillybob Wed 15-May-19 15:00:19

Oh yes my DH loves Keb Mo paddyann brilliant lyrics !

Same song I quoted before... Follow your Arrow by Kacey Musgraves...

If you save yourself for marriage your a bore
if you don't save yourself for marriage
you're a hore……...ible person

If you don't go to church you'll go to hell
if you're the first one in the front row, you're a self righteous son of a b.....
can't win for losin', you'll just disappoint 'em
just cos you can't beat 'em don't mean you should join 'em

www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=tBHcXMPiNI2YsAfxp7_4AQ&q=kacey+musgrave+follow+your+arrow&oq=kecey+musgrave+foll&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i13l5j0i22i30l5.1350.30053..32476...0.0..0.106.1398.18j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0j0i131j0i10j0i13i10.DyHzfetzPPM

Gonegirl Wed 15-May-19 14:42:57

My DD at fifty is very slim just because she follows a fairly strict health regime. Goes to the gym/ spinning several times a week, walks, and eats a healthy diet. She is definitely not anorexic. Just wants to avoid middle age spread (like her mother developed).

I think Kate and Meghan are probably the same. Modern women. Can't be bad.

paddyann Wed 15-May-19 14:36:54

Gilly I do love some of the words in Country songs ,do you know this one ?

youtu.be/ooPYUw6T8bk You Dont Have To Shave Your Legs for Me

notanan2 Wed 15-May-19 14:33:43

I think that both Kate and Megan are constantly pressured to "channel" Diana, even though she is a TERRIBLE role model for young women.

Due to Diana's post-humous adoration (she was NOT quite so universally popular when alive) young female royals are basically graded on a scale if Diana-ness, and thst detetmines their popularity and press treatment. With Kate being celebrated for the parallels between herself and Diana. Kate however is naturally similar to Diana in some way rather than adopting her traits.

I think it is quite a dangerous role model for a new royal like Megan. She isnt naturally as gaunt and long boned as Kate. The msnnerisms that kate and diana had in common come from a similar background etc. Kate is IMO still being "herself" whereas Megan is morphing into a mini diana and its not a healthy look on her.

Anniebach Wed 15-May-19 14:27:29

Gilly I am 5ft 7 and size 8, not on crack grin

gillybob Wed 15-May-19 14:23:20

There's a line in a country song that says...….

"If you can't lose the weight then your just fat
But if you lose too much then you're on crack"

"Damned if you do and your damned if you don't, so you might as well just do whatever you want to....."

Witzend Wed 15-May-19 13:31:06

As someone who was naturally very slim for a long time (alas no longer!) and was quite wrongly deemed anorexic by a so-called friend who spread it around for months, I do really dislike the tendency for labelling the very slim like this - especially when it's someone you've never even met.

Some people just are naturally slim. Some people are not and never have been big eaters, though given that so many people are overweight or obese nowadays, it seems quite common for 'anorexic' to be chucked at anyone who's never had that problem at all.

I do often have to conclude that it's jealousy on the part of fatter people, who can't imagine that anyone else genuinely isn't interested in lots of cakes/biscuits/other fattening foods.
Such was certainly the case with the 'friend' who spread the rumour about me.

allassinsane Wed 15-May-19 13:11:05

Sounds like it's all gone a bit Jeremy Kyle here....

I'm avoiding the weeding too grin

Gonegirl Wed 15-May-19 12:46:56

I'm only doing this to avoid weeding. hmm

Lily65 Wed 15-May-19 12:44:30

Can I just say, before I leave, that I have gone to the bother of considering Annie's situation and found and posted a link which may or may not be helpful.

I knew I was taking a risk. Another Gran did something similar for me and it helped immensely.

I will now close this laptop and get on with something else.

Gonegirl Wed 15-May-19 12:43:25

"Human zoo"?! Really?!!! That is a dreadful thing to say about them.

Gonegirl Wed 15-May-19 12:41:12

sibhib grin

Gonegirl Wed 15-May-19 12:39:46

Oh! It's so bad to suggest posters should "reach out" to other people and away from GN. Not always possible. And could be taken as a thinly disguised barbed comment. Accept other posters just as they are, at this very moment.

Bridgeit Wed 15-May-19 12:33:25

Well all threads diversify a little ,it’s not at all unusual to post a comment about another Gnetter
It would be counterproductive & irrelevant to dedicate a thread to each poster

gillybob Wed 15-May-19 12:32:55

Threads like real life conversation often do meander and then somehow get back on track.

I wasn't "discussing you" at all Annie just trying to defend Lily65. Oh dear sometimes you just cant do right, for doing wrong.

Summerlove Wed 15-May-19 12:32:08

I took lilys comments to come from a kind place. annies comments have been far more negative lately, as though nothing makes her happy. It’s a change, and Lily is a kind soul suggesting maybe GN is making it worse, and that a break might not hurt

Anniebach Wed 15-May-19 12:29:19

Title of this thread ? ‘Megan’, if for some reason posters want to discuss me start a thread, so here, post not poster

Bridgeit Wed 15-May-19 12:27:48

Thankyou Apricity, well said.
I have posted before about it, It is reminiscent of village life back in the day (Les Dawson portrayed it very well.)
But sad to read it so frequently on here.

gillybob Wed 15-May-19 12:21:40

I hope Lily65 wasn't suggesting Anniebach leave GN altogether. I don't agree with some of AB's posts but she is entitled to post them

Oh I didn't get that impression at all Oldwoman70 confused

I just think that Lily65 was concerned and encouraging Annie to seek some "real life" company and/or help. I don't think for one moment she was suggesting Annie should leave GN all together !

I agree that some of us might have some very different views to others but we are all perfectly entitled to view them as long as we are not breaking GN guidelines.

Lily65 Wed 15-May-19 12:20:09

Of course, I would never suggest somebody should leave. Your reply to me Annie, suggests all is not well.

I think it might be nice to contact somebody even if it is just by phone.https://www.thesilverline.org.uk/

Oldwoman70 Wed 15-May-19 12:16:48

I hope Lily65 wasn't suggesting Anniebach leave GN altogether. I don't agree with some of AB's posts but she is entitled to post them

Anniebach Wed 15-May-19 12:05:11

Lily it would please some if I left GN and some work hard trying to achieve it, sorry to disappoint you, no, but keep trying

Lily65 Wed 15-May-19 12:00:34

Annie, you really don't seem to be in a good place. Is there any chance you could reach out away from GN and talk to/interact with other people. Please, I think it would help you.

Silver line?