Gransnet forums

Chat

Aldi Anger

(33 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Fri 10-May-19 19:53:57

On 29th April I ordered 2 wooden garden drugs and looked forward to planting them up.
2nd May, email saying order with me in 3-5 days
5th May, emsil saying order dispatched.
6th: no tracking info on Hermes site.
7th 8th 9th 10th all ditto.
Several phone calls to Aldi over those days (and wait times between 16-28 mins) given several different excuses incl their systems down for 4 days from 2nd-5th and I'm no further on.
Aldi insist it was with Hermes from 5th.
I emailed Hermes today who replied that they had notification of the 'ticket' on 5th but not received any parcel and I must contact seller. Tracking also shows not received.
Aldi say Hermes aren't telling truth.
I've never had any problems with Hermes and now find that my Aldi order has sold out online so no hope of re-ordering. This was my first Aldi purchase...never again.
Has anyone else had Aldi angst?

Nonnie Sat 11-May-19 11:03:21

Hermes 'couldn't find' our house! No one else had a problem as it is numbered in sequence with the rest of the road.

lemongrove Sat 11-May-19 13:59:13

That was just ‘their story’ Nonnie wink

I have one of those troughs GG and have painted it (garden fence paint and preservative) in willow green, a sort of very pale green, looks nice, and water just rolls off it, rather than sinks in, so it will last longer.

GabriellaG54 Mon 13-May-19 18:13:34

Well well well... wonders will never cease.
Good news at last. The garden troughs arrived at 15.47 today. The box is HUGE, they are HUGE. Much larger (and nicer) than they look online but I have yet to screw them together. Tomorrow, then I want to paint them but not sure what colour. A vibrant blue like lapis-lazuli or muted sage green. A trip to Wilco is on the cards as they have a wonderful selection of outdoor matt paint in 1ltr tins for £4.
One thing made me laugh was when I read the contents of the box. The troughs are made from Chinese fir wood. There's no getting away from it, we're somehow locked in to buying 85% of our goods from China.

rosecarmel Mon 13-May-19 18:50:45

Yay! smile Will you first determine what you will plant in it before you choose paint shade?

The U.S. is in a trade war with China currently -

Nandalot Mon 13-May-19 18:52:41

I have the same planters from Aldi, bought last year. I have lavender in mine, bought cheaply fromLidl.

GabriellaG54 Mon 13-May-19 20:37:17

Lavender sounds good to me Nandalot and it smells nice as you brush past it.
Were they plants or seeds?
Much later, after the box arrived, I got another email from Hermes saying sorry but courier had to put the time back and delivery would be between 7-9 pm. Funny...hmm especially as I'd had the box delivered hours earlier. I checked the website and it showed as still with courier.
7:35pm another email saying that my goods had been delivered at 7.30 and a forged signature showed on the tracking info (which isn't needed for safe place requests)
I've emailed them for an explanation.
Anyway...what to plant? Lavender in one of them and ? in t'other. grin

GabriellaG54 Mon 13-May-19 20:42:28

rosecarmel
Hmm. I think a muted green or blue shade would work with most plants but I think lavender in one as Nandalot suggested and perhaps geraniums in the other. Might paint one green and one blue. I'll put photos on here when they're done. grin