Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Thu 16-May-19 06:17:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another clear blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual Thursday routine to Buckingham and Bicester , reason I enjoy having these trips out, it breaks my week up.
Mick

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 16-May-19 07:44:45

Morning all from a bright South Notts.
By 'eck Marydoll you've really had a rotten time of it lately, I'd try and take it easy if I were you but that would seem to be against your energetic nature.
Welcome aboard Resurgam.
At yesterdays dental appointment I was told that I'm 'healing too well' which can cause problems. Was it ever thus?
Hope all is well with everyone.

gillybob Thu 16-May-19 07:50:16

Oh hello again then “used to be Nelliemoser . I can never keep up with name changes smile

Sprout Thu 16-May-19 07:55:28

Morning Mick and everyone. Lovely and sunny in this part of Kent. Dogs got me up early they look fab after their hair cut. Housework today good clean everywhere. Hope things are better today Marydoll. Have a good day all.

MawBroonsback Thu 16-May-19 07:55:59

Good morning all - clear blue skies and wall to wall ??? here in N Bucks.
I am so sorry you are having such a hard time Marydoll and sincerely hope life gives you all a break today.
Might the “night terrors” be connected with your change in medication?
I ask because I was prescribed Amitriptyline when my shoulder was at its most painful and woke in the middle of the night terrified and in floods of tears, remembering Paw was dead but with no recollection of how or when or why. One of the worst reactions I have ever had to anything.
Do take things gentlyflowers
Wishing everyone a pleasant day and an extra wine flowers for bluesapphire

Greyduster Thu 16-May-19 07:57:32

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Another bright day in South Yorkshire, but I fancy it will be cooler today. We both had a good night’s sleep. Might have a trip out on the bus to a local market today if DH is up to it. Welcome back Resurgam ?! Have a good day folks.

Marydoll Thu 16-May-19 07:57:39

vissos are you new? If so welcome! I noticed you on the games thread.

Good to see you back Nelliemoser!!!

Urmstongran Thu 16-May-19 07:58:05

Good morning everyone from another gloriously sunny South Manchester.

Woke just after 6am thought ‘hmm bit early’ and just woke now at almost 8am! One of the main joys of retirement I think - sleep till you’ve had enough.

Off out in a bit for a blood test then this afternoon going over to see my aunt and her husband in Oldham - picking up my father en route. It’s cosy spending time together, sharing memories and having a laugh - my aunt is very witty.

Hope Thursday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

dragonfly46 Thu 16-May-19 07:58:51

Morning all, still bright in Leicestershire.

So sorry to hear you are still suffering Marydoll. Hope you feel better soon.
Welcome back resurgam

Coffee with friends this morning then getting car cleaned for our trip tomorrow.

NannyJan53 Thu 16-May-19 08:01:04

Good Morning from a very sunny Black Country.

Stayed in all yesterday as UPS said they were delivering a parcel! They never turned up! After 35 mins online chat, where they didn't recognise the reference number, they admitted they hadn't received the item from the supplier! Why say it would be delivered Wednesday?

So I am out today, meeting friends for lunch in Birmingham. So Partner is working from home on the off chance it is delivered today. At least my friend popped round yesterday afternoon for a chat and cuppa.

Hope you are taking it easy today Marydoll , I know it is so frustrating when you are normally very active.

Welcome back to Resurgam I do remember the name Nelliemoser

Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Thu 16-May-19 08:04:30

Morning Mick, morning All from a warm, slightly cloudy corner of Somerset. Maybe a chair in the garden marydoll? It’s hard to slow down I know but needs must sometimes. Excellent day out yesterday, back to routine today. Mr C has an early appointment with the surgery vampire then we really must attack the general mess and dust before grandparent detail. Good to see you resurgam, wondered where you were. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Thu 16-May-19 08:05:52

Hello nellie, I missed you!

EllanVannin Thu 16-May-19 08:09:42

Good morning All x
Sunny and bright again, but I can feel a bit more coolness than of late so maybe a bit of a change in store.

Have remembered to put the charity bag/s out this morning, including an annoying toggle-fastening coat which I'm glad to see the back of.

Wakened up as stiff as a board------what a nuisance ! Still, it's nowhere near what others suffer as I tell myself all the time. Maybe cleaning the windows will help loosen me.

Hope it's a better day for Marydoll, you poor thing, as well as for everyone else.

Pittcity Thu 16-May-19 08:21:32

Good morning from sunny Colchester. I was up, showered and dressed for an early blood test when the surgery phoned to cancel as the nurse was off sick.
I could've done with a bit longer in bed ......

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 16-May-19 08:47:23

Good morning from east London, sunny and warming up. Just been to the doctor’s, home for quick cup of tea then off to help at a foodbank. Quiet afternoon then choir this evening.
Vissos, you’re in the right area for walking a dog. I nearly always get to newbiggin when i’m up home, if not the beach, then sandy bay caravan park where my friend lives. Have a good day.

Anniebach Thu 16-May-19 08:55:29

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mapleleaf Thu 16-May-19 09:49:36

Morning everyone.
Little cooler here today, with more light cloud. I think it's supposed to be the last day of the warm spell for a while.
Welcome back, Nellie, I'll try to get used to your new name - third time lucky for you, eh??
Enjoy your trip out today, Mick - you are right, having little bits planned for each day breaks up the week.
I hope you don't have any more night terrors, Marydoll. They will be connected with all you have been and are going through. Take care.
I got the grass cut yesterday, so feel pleased to have got that job done. Amazing how it makes the garden look better!
Need to pop into the nearest town today to do a few chores. I like going there less and less as it's lost it's character in recent years with so many shop and stall closures and "improvements" that only cater for a minority, in my opinion. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to get more "with it"!! ?
Have a good day.

Nannytopsy Thu 16-May-19 10:10:01

Good morning all! Just tidying up (again!) for another house viewing. I don’t know how we make so much mess blush

Harris27 Thu 16-May-19 10:27:46

Morning everyone late post as have had early appointment at dentist for crown all done and home.having shopping delivered and day in garden X happy Thursday to all back to work tomorrow.

Legs55 Thu 16-May-19 11:03:24

Morning all from a not so sunny Devon, think it might brighten up for a while, definitely cooler today. I need to pop out for a bit of shopping & then prepare myself for an earlier than normal start tomorrow as DGS2 is 2 & I'm taking his presents over in the morning I'm not a lark more an owl

flowers for all of you with health problems

vissos Thu 16-May-19 11:21:38

Hi Marydoll. Not new, but don't contribute a lot. Have only recently started doing more, most of the time people have already said it all!

vissos Thu 16-May-19 11:28:44

Hi Mythbirtthedragon
Sadly, my foster is too scared to go out. He's moving on to a home with other dogs on Sat, they'll show him the ropes.
I'm the Sandy Bay end of Newb, perhaps we could meet up when you're here.
I used to live in East London! Hackney, Stoke Newington & Walthamstow. Prefer it here tho.

Nannyfaraway Thu 16-May-19 11:50:44

Good morning everyone.
I'm taking a big life changing step today. Have an interview at a local Bible college this afternoon. It's connected to my church

Greenfinch Thu 16-May-19 12:15:11

That's interesting Nannyfaraway. What is the interview for?

Nannyfaraway Thu 16-May-19 18:35:41

Sorry for late reply. It's mainly a course in Bible study but it goes a bit further than that. Just feel interested in it. Might be life changing.