Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(33 Posts)
12Michael Sat 18-May-19 06:15:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but dry outside, looks like a mixed day as to weather.
Usual day for me , with Bicester and Buckingham on the cards.
Hopefully there will be a flea market on in Buckingham, as the stallholders tend to be governed by the weather as to how many arrive.
Hot water was fixed yesterday , nice refreshing shower this morning.
Mick

Urmstongran Sat 18-May-19 08:59:58

Good morning everyone from a dull but dry and seemingly mild South Manchester. Never mind, we fly back out to Malaga on Wednesday morning for a month of wall-to-wall sunshine. I may well be on the beach this time next week!

Hair appointment late afternoon then husband will be watching the FA cup final on television at 5pm before we go over to babysit the smalls.

Welcome Greyjoy nice to have a new addition to our merry band. Please could you tell us where you live when you post - it’s nice to know the area you post from!

Hope Saturday is good to everybody whether you have plans or none. x

GabriellaG54 Sat 18-May-19 09:16:40

Hi everyone smile
It's very warm with blue and white skies in Godalming.
I hope you all have a glorious weekend but for those not feeling so good flowers
I planted up two big half barrels yesterday, one with pink/purple upright fuschia and blue lobelia and t'other with an olive tree underplanted with white and lime green flowers whose name tags I've left in the (small plastic) greenhouse.
Now I need to paint the troughs...hmm
Hairdressers yesterday too and I'm delighted with the copper highlights and cut...as always. I'm off to IoW tomorrow with OH so today will be lazy. A second cup of coffee cafe and Amaretti biscuit for now and fruit n veg market later.

Urmstongran Sat 18-May-19 09:25:51

Hope you have a lovely holiday Gabriella! Your plants sound pretty and will be well established when you get back.
?

Harris27 Sat 18-May-19 09:39:02

Morning everyone from a rainy dull NE. Nothing much to do today but chores have a good day all.

EllanVannin Sat 18-May-19 10:48:10

A later Good morning All x
I've been that busy nosing this morning that I forgot about the time.
I was watching the news and interrupted by a " talking reverse " so looked out as far as I could see and saw an ambulance backing up in the residents parking area. Nobody got out and nobody got in, so I gathered they were just having a break " out of the way ".
Then I got my clothes sorted and ready for a shower. Surprising where the time goes when you're having fun !

Then I found two nice large baking potatoes so gave them a scrub and pricked them ready for the oven later. I'll grate some cheese and put a dollop of Heinz mixed veg inside them and that'll do me with a chunk of my lemon drizzle cake. Living the high life !

Weather is still/calm but can't make up its mind one way or t'other , not exactly warm either.

Hope everyone is okay today and enjoys whatever they do.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 18-May-19 11:12:00

Good morning, we have sunshine and cloud in east London. Debating whether to go shopping now or wait til 5pm in the hope everyone else will have shopped before the match. Bit of disruption picking up DG yesterday-we’d just set off from East Ham and got stuck in a traffic jam heading for the north circular.(police incident) I stayed for 30 mins not moving then legged it to the dlr to get to my training. DP and GD were there for another hour before moving. She was as good as gold apart from pressing the car manufacturer’s emergency remote locating button (it worked and the remote voice was sympathetic). Have a good day

GabriellaG54 Sat 18-May-19 11:23:17

Thanks Urmstongran ? but it won't be anything like as warm/hot as Malaga and it's only a day trip to Ventnor, boat trip and tea at the Royal Hotel in their geranium garden overlooking the cove.
Yes...courtyard space looks quite pretty now it's 'planted up'.
I hope, I know you'll have a fab holiday...enjoy. envy