Gransnet forums

Chat

Time and tide wait for no man

(29 Posts)
Lisagran Mon 20-May-19 14:31:08

Following on, in a way, from*Maw*’s post about instinctively knowing the time - and also from chats, after seeing a recent local production of Pericles, about the phrase “Time’s the king of men” - I’ve been googling “time” quotes........ (I’m minding a (very quiet) shop for a friend today smile)

Yesterday is gone, tomorrow has not yet come. We only have today. Let us begin

It has been said “time heals all wounds”. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana (Sorrysmile)

Day6 Tue 21-May-19 13:07:02

I know I wrote this one down on a piece of paper and stuck it on my fridge when life was particularly difficult, I felt very low and I was at the point of throwing in the towel.

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe.

Yes, the tide did turn. smile

Lisagran Tue 21-May-19 15:38:17

I’m glad the tide turned for you, Day6 smile A good quote

Flossieturner Wed 22-May-19 10:12:39

Teetime, that is my favourite song. My friend had the lyrics read at her funeral as a reassurance for her daughters, I think the words are so moving.