Gransnet forums

Chat

Going bonkers - or even bonkers-er

(86 Posts)
Witzend Wed 22-May-19 14:21:24

Spent a few minutes this morning looking everywhere for a pair of jeans which I thought could do with a wash.

I was wearing them!!!
There is no hope...

(We used to have a dog called Bonkers - christened by previous owners. And a very lovely boy he was too.)

Annaram1 Thu 23-May-19 09:46:09

I have been out twice and not noticed I had odd shoes on. The first time was at work. I was head librarian and one of my jobs was to orientate new readers about the library, its rules. and how we could help. During one such tour I glanced down at my feet and spotted that I was wearing one brown shoe and one white, I asked my assistant why she had not told me. She said she thought it was a new trend.
The second time was in Waitrose the other day. I was wearing one beige sandal and one white and silver.

Lins1066 Thu 23-May-19 09:47:58

I've done that easzybee, but I arrived at school assembly only to look down to begin prayers at one black shoe and one navy. They had the same size heels though.
It was in the depth of winter and I too was newly married.

Buffybee Thu 23-May-19 09:59:37

Went in the Utility Room looking for Fire Lighters and found a pack of Fish Fingers on the shelf.
Guess what was in the freezer! ?

HurdyGurdy Thu 23-May-19 10:02:23

crystaltipps - "My friend went to work on the tube with a pair of pants ( clean ones) on her head (she’d been using them to tie her hair back in the shower),"

That's it. I'm done for. I have literally LOLd and LOLd and LOLd!!!

schnackie Thu 23-May-19 10:27:06

Thank you for this thread! What a great way to start the day!!

Blinko Thu 23-May-19 10:30:04

A great way to start the day indeed! Glad it's not just me, btw....

Clioh Thu 23-May-19 10:32:28

Only yesterday I handed my mobile to the assistant to show him the barcode when picking up a parcel. I then proceeded to rummage in my bag for the said phone (it has my driving licence in the cover) to prove my identity..... ‘it’s ok’ he said ‘your licence is here I’ll just check that’ !. Oops! smile

Witzend Thu 23-May-19 10:38:05

Pants on her head, or Lord ???, though more like ??? for her, I'm sure!

Reminds me of a friend telling me how as a child of maybe 10 (decades ago) she came across an old fashioned sanitary towel with loops, in a drawer of her mother's.

Having no idea what it was, and thinking it was just like little hats that were fashionable at the time, she wore it - with loops round her ears - to go and meet her mother from work.
She didn't say how long it took her mother to get over from the mortification!

pamdixon Thu 23-May-19 10:42:14

join the club! I've done a lot of the above but wont bore you with the details!!

travelsafar Thu 23-May-19 11:06:08

Great posts!! They all raise a smile

Mouse Thu 23-May-19 11:39:12

As a young, full time working mum with three small children I often did things like this. My favourite is throwing the dinner dishes in the bin instead of scraping them off and putting them in the sink!

Sheilasue Thu 23-May-19 11:48:38

Loving this, no hope for us is there,

Beammeupscottie Thu 23-May-19 11:50:56

Talking of meeting Mother from work, when I was three I decided to meet my mother at the bus stop outside home, dressed in Mum's cami-knicker with trailing gusset and her red sling back high heels. She picked me up and ran for the front door.

yellowcanary Thu 23-May-19 11:57:44

This has made me laugh smile I have done the same - one day went to work, had to go up the bank later as I got back in the car I noticed I had one black and one navy shoe on - luckily they were the same style, but I wondered why no-one else had noticed. Another day years later I went shopping with a friend and again as getting into the car (after having been in two shops already) I noticed my dress was on inside out - again no-one had said anything to me smile

GinJeannie Thu 23-May-19 11:59:56

Recently did Tesco shop in my slippers! I was the dippy old buddy pushing a trolley with the confused look!

cathieb Thu 23-May-19 12:04:26

So funny! Thanks everyone for sharing your laugh-out-loud misadventures. I have done the inside out top and odd shoes bloops, and have often just caught myself before putting phone in the fridge etc. For me the most usual, probably daily, thing is searching for something (eg glasses, pen, purse) that I'd had in my hand not long before but with absolutely no memory of where I'd left it!

sarahellenwhitney Thu 23-May-19 12:22:56

Midgey
No offence but are you sure grinit wasn't more than just school business wine?

Camelotclub Thu 23-May-19 12:38:06

My gran once put her hot water bottle out on the front step and took the empty milk bottle up to bed with her.

Riggie Thu 23-May-19 12:48:22

I once realised I had one blue open toed shoe on and one black with closed toe. They were also different heel heights

In my defence it was a bank holiday and I was in pain. Had to ring for an emergency dental appointment and they'd said "come now" so I'd dashed out if the house in a hurry. I was lying on the couch when I noticed.

Sandieanne Thu 23-May-19 13:04:50

Ha ha - this really made me laugh - thought it was just me

Ffion63 Thu 23-May-19 13:46:16

Once took my yoga mat into a meeting at work while my folder lay languishing on the back seat of my car.

minxie Thu 23-May-19 14:08:20

I was pointing my car key at the front door and was puzzled as to why it wouldn’t open ?

EthelJ Thu 23-May-19 14:10:02

I've been known to search for my phone, getting worried i might have lost it, while I am using it to scroll through the gransnet posts!

Kirstyfiona Thu 23-May-19 14:13:48

Reading these posts in a cafe waiting for a colleague but trying to stifle my giggles!!

BlueSapphire Thu 23-May-19 14:20:17

Having carefully peeled and chopped onions, carrots and celery for a Bolognese I proceeded to scrape them all into the kitchen compost caddy instead of the frying pan.