Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Fri 24-May-19 06:11:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another warm day approaches , dry but cloud y at the moment in Brackley .
Usual Friday routine, shop ,bank etc .
Then watch the Giro which is getting better as the British riders seem to be doing well.
mick

BlueSapphire Fri 24-May-19 08:39:47

Gas engineer has just phoned, will be here in 10 minutes!!!! ?

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 08:54:26

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

rain forecast for Mid Wales,

Hope everyone has a good day x

Justme67 Fri 24-May-19 08:58:04

Good morning to you all, yes, we too have a beautiful morning, and the promise of a fine day. I am a little weary after our friends visit yesterday, but it was good to see them, and I am still smiling at some of the memories we shared. Off to play Scrabble this morning, I hope, then my daughter is coming later on, if she can, and I am promised fish and chips. Tomorrow is the bowls open day, which I hope to be able get to - depends on transport and so I will have had three days of good company. Thoughts are with all those who are unhappy or worried, hope you find something to do today to make you forget for a while, otherwise enjoy your days.

Grammaretto Fri 24-May-19 09:04:32

Good morning all from the sunny Scottish Borders. I was eating my porridge in the garden just now but it was too warm.

A man is coming to give me a quote for sanding my floor today. Life doesn't get much more exciting around here.

Yay! to BlueSapphire Welcome to teabag too.

Sod's law it is Kitty. Toothache is the worst thing.
Have a lovely day everyone.

EllanVannin Fri 24-May-19 09:13:55

Good morning All x
It was lovely and sunny 5 minutes ago and now it's clouded over sad Not looking promising now-----but this is the NW !
A calmer day in prospect as regards the phone calls and chatting neighbours from yesterday as I couldn't get cracking with doing anything, though what does it matter, really ?

While I've been waiting for central heating for the past 8 months, moving dishes etc from the kitchen cupboard to the living room then back into the cupboard because nothing was doing after arrangements had been set in place, a woman along the vale had hers fitted in a day on Monday-------simply because she'd had a gas meter already in-situ ! To say I was furious is an understatement and I've felt rather deflated and feel like telling them to stick it.
Like BlueSapphire, I'm boiling kettles because I won't use an old boiler that " came out of the Ark " with piping like a dog's hind leg.
Sorry for moaning but it makes you feel low, besides the fact that my Aussie visitors will be here in a couple of weeks, D and SiL--------you can bet that's when the workmen/engineers will knock !! I'll chase them.

I hope everyone else has a less worrying time.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 24-May-19 10:08:14

Good morning from east London, sunny and promising to be warm. Taking it easy after my long day at work yesterday (6am arrival at polling station, ballot box dropped off at 22.45). Time went quickly enough even tho turnout was low. Meeting a friend for lunch at a local gallery then nothing planned after that. Have a good day.

GabriellaG54 Fri 24-May-19 10:18:05

Hi everyone from a slightly overcast but quite warm Godalming.
Friday's seem to arrive at an alarmingly fast rate nowadays and we have the usual BH '40m motorist's getaway' nonsense on the roads.
I plan on letting the train take the strain and off to Yorkshire to stay with one of my daughters. She's a real bobby dazzler and we get on famously.
Whatever plans you have, I wish all GNers a very happy BH weekend and safe driving.

GabriellaG54 Fri 24-May-19 10:19:51

Friday's shock Fridays grin

Sprout Fri 24-May-19 10:19:52

Morning Mick and all. Late this morning bad night. But lovely weather with good nelse on the politics side. Maybe now things will start moving. In garden today. Just ordered shopping. Have a good day everyone and hope all feeling poorly get better soon.

Legs55 Fri 24-May-19 10:20:22

grannyactivist sorry to hear about your problems with your Mum, I too live in Devon & my Mum is in Yorkshire, turned 90 earlier this year, it's difficult being so far away.

Mixture of sun & cloud, quite windy too here in Devon. Waiting for a friend to come & collect my microwave for use by a Charity then I need to pop out to local shops ready for the weekend.

Hymnbook Fri 24-May-19 11:12:42

Sunny but strong chilly winds this morning in Nottinghamshire. Boiler serviced. Washing out. Holiday booked. Now for some spring cleaning. My family off to Devon. New addition to the family Darcey born yesterday 8lbs. Hope everyone has a good day.

Auntieflo Fri 24-May-19 11:25:30

Morning Michael, Annie and all. DH had a fasting blood test early on, well, early for us.
I am busy doing not a lot at the moment.
Sunny then cloudy, but have hung out a small load of washing. Am waiting for a chap to come and give us an estimate for a small job, he should be here soon. Then drive DH to his volunteering, and off to train station to buy tickets for a June journey. It’s all go here

Mapleleaf Fri 24-May-19 11:46:11

That's lovely news, Hymnbook, you must be thrilled at the arrival of Darcey - congratulations. ?
Where have you booked for your holiday? Wherever it is, I hope you have a super time.

glammagran Fri 24-May-19 19:35:03

Congratulations [Hymnbook] - nothing nicer than a new baby in the family. To everyone who has them, hope your ongoing problems are sorted ASAP. Tooth pain is simply horrendous.