Gransnet forums

Chat

How to deal with sulking touchy DH

(105 Posts)
lmm6 Fri 24-May-19 13:29:35

DH has so many good points but it's the touchiness and sulking I can't stand. Can't take any criticism and goes into major sulk - quiet voice, long face etc. Goes on for hours, sometimes days. I must admit to having thoughts about living by myself but don't think I'm really serious. Just want harmony, fun and light-heartedness. I'm constantly walking on eggshells. Shouldn't be like this should it? Is there anybody out there that TRULY has a perfect DH? They all seem to have faults of some kind. Not sure what to do but feel uneasy and it never improves.

labazsisslowlygoingmad Sun 26-May-19 19:39:42

think its a man thing they all seem to do it, reinforces my feeling that most men are just big kids having paddies and sulks

Fabulous50s Fri 27-Sep-19 08:06:57

My father was a great sulker. Thinking about it now he used it as a threat/form of control. We, my mother and sisters, all danced about on eggshells in case we brought one of the great sulks on. Basically he is a bully.

Luckygirl Fri 27-Sep-19 09:17:50

I would go out a lot! - and let him stew. You need a life aside from this black cloud.

He will probably sulk about you going out!!!

Grannyknot Fri 27-Sep-19 09:54:33

Thankfully my OH doesn't sulk, but I've had to deal with plenty of sulky family members in my life. My approach is to let them know you're on to it "Are you in a mood again? How tedious." and then get on with your life. In other words don't let it be seen to be affecting you.