Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(36 Posts)
12Michael Thu 30-May-19 06:15:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky over Brackley this morning , if the forecast is right the temperatures are going to be 20c plus for a few days.
Usual bus trip out to Bicester and Buckingham to my café haunts , and shops.
Going into Bicester itself , although its surprising the amount of cars and odd coach trips go to Bicester Village Retail site about a mile or so west of the town .
Mick

Beechnut Thu 30-May-19 06:31:41

Good Morning everyone.
Dry and cloudy with just a peep of sun this morning on Severnside.
My day will be much the same as yesterday.

We had a visit to Bicester Village once Mick. I bought a Cath Kidson toiletry bag at a reduced price. I would never have paid the proper price for it.

I hope everyone has a good day ?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 30-May-19 06:36:58

Good morning mick and all.

No idea why I am awake this early as I was exhausted last night after a days traveling, must be thought of all the “holiday washing” waiting for me downstairs???

The sun is trying to break through here in SE Essex, Mr Gravy will be out in the garden hopefully and I shall be “tied” to the washing machine.

Wishing you all a peaceful Thursday.

P.S. Mick I like Bicester Shopping Village, always come out with heavy bags and a lighter purse!!!!!

BlueSapphire Thu 30-May-19 06:42:05

Good morning, very bright and sunny here in Northampton today, but it feels chilly.

Hopefully the new hot water cylinder will be delivered this morning...... not holding my breath....

Am going to the theatre this afternoon to see the ballet - Matthew Bourne's Romeo and Juliet, music by Prokofiev, which I love.

Am keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes ok.

Ginny42 Thu 30-May-19 06:46:36

I feel like hibernating here in Cheshire this morning Mick. It's cold, grey and raining. I put the heating on. Think the park-and-ride for Bicester Village makes a shopping trip so much nicer btw.

Painting group this morning. Must finish my current work, I'm such a fiddler. I keep going back to correct and add things. Lunch out with friends and hairdresser's this afternoon.

Have a good day whatever your plans. If you're not well, take good care of yourself. flowers

DoraMarr Thu 30-May-19 06:51:57

Good morning from a gloriously sunny Birmingham. I’m off to fetch my granddaughter for the day. Prodigal son is coming over later to help me assemble a new bed and with any luck the new bookcase will arrive while he is here and he can help me with that too. I have promised to take my granddaughter to the woods to look for insects, so I hope the weather holds.

Grammaretto Thu 30-May-19 07:13:08

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Cold and damp again here. There's that North South divide. The grass needs cut but it's too wet.

Hospital with DH today. We may go to the cinema afterwards.
Have a happy day everyone.

gillybob Thu 30-May-19 07:19:34

A dull start here on the NE coast. I put the heating on last night for a couple of hours it was so cold.

Enjoy your trip out Mick lucky you having blue skies.

I can’t believe how long you have waited for hot water BlueSappphire . Will they fit it the same day? (Assuming it arrives of course) . Fingers crossed for you.

I’m off to “that place” again in just over an hour. Just enjoying a cup of tea and Wishing my life away again....roll on Friday.

Have a good Thursday everyone x

kittylester Thu 30-May-19 07:22:02

Morning all from a very misty Morecambe.

Home today!

teabagwoman Thu 30-May-19 07:23:11

Good Morning, blue skies in my part of Northampton too. Hope your hot water cylinder arrives today BlueSaphire. Haven’t been to the Bicester Shopping Village for years, will add it to my list, I like Kath Kidston but wouldn’t pay full price. Taking my DD to hospital today for a checkup then collecting dgd from her holiday gym club.

Sprout Thu 30-May-19 07:30:33

Morning Mick and all in a hurry this morning nails hands and feet today think I will change the colour from Blue to Pink. Have a good day everyone and those feeling poorly get better soon.

dragonfly46 Thu 30-May-19 07:30:43

Good morning from a bright and blustery Leicestershire.
I used to love Bicester Village but not been for ages.
Hope you get hot water today BlueSapphire.

Coffee with friends this morning.

Lins1066 Thu 30-May-19 07:33:54

Good Morning from a sunny S Welsh coast. It rained all day after a dry start yesterday and it was cold.

We are dog sitting until Monday as DS and DiL flying to Istanbul this morning,
DH going to the local N Trust property to do some research and I will get on with my book review, other than that nothing planned.
Have a good day all.

aggie Thu 30-May-19 07:34:56

Good Morning , grey wet and muggy at the moment and the forecast wouldn't cheer ! Meeting up with youngest sister for lunch .I have a crochet blanket on the hook and it is growing quite quickly , but have ordered the pack for another , so that will keep me busy till the enthusiasm wears off .
Thinking of all our poorly friends here and there xxxx

Framilode Thu 30-May-19 07:36:50

Usually lurk on here Mick but live near you. Trying to get round Bicester on bank holiday Monday was a nightmare. I have never seen so many cars. They even had an emergency car park half way to Aylesbury.

Marydoll Thu 30-May-19 07:39:41

Good morning all from wet and miserable Glasgow! ?
I long for some sun!

DH is taking me into town, ("Only for an hour", he says!!), to exchange a Swatch watch. I ended up with two the same for my recent birthday. My children obviously know me well!

Then it's back to pick up DGD from nursery. DS1 had to let her speak to us on the phone last night, as she was sobbing before bed, wanting to see gran and papa!
She didn't want to go to nursery today, just wanted to stay with us.?
I felt awful, but it's just too much for me at the moment to look after her all day.
At least someone loves me!! grin

BlueSapphire, fingers crossed today.
Mick, enjoy your day, I wish we had an outlet like that near us.
Have a good day everyone and safe journey Kitty and anyone else who is travelling.

MawBroonsback Thu 30-May-19 07:40:30

Good morning from a sunny corner of N Bucks!

A pleasant change from yesterday when I got back from my Lit class (Bring Up the Bodies) absolutely frozen! We had met at Bromham Mill cafe, a water mill near Bedford which is usually idyllic, but yesterday, in the rain, cold and draughty.
I too am going to Matthew Bourne’s Romeo and Juliet at the Derngate theatre in Northampton this afternoon, taking 3 Book Club friends with me. I wonder if Bluesapphire and I will bump into each other there? I loved his Red Shoes and of course Swan Lake so am excited about this!
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Pittcity Thu 30-May-19 07:43:31

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Blood test this morning and then hopefully cleaning and staining the decking now that we have a couple of dry days.

cornergran Thu 30-May-19 07:47:17

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey, dismal corner of Somerset. Thermostat is on 17 degrees, radiators are warm, guess it’s cold. A very wet supervisory day yesterday, poor Mr C got soaked. Much gnashing of teeth as they didn’t get as much completed as planned. Pottering day for us today. Used to visit Bicester Village often, but hasn’t it grown from the original? Fingers crossed your cylinder turns up BlueSapphire, what a palaver. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Thu 30-May-19 07:53:27

Good morning all.

Cool, windy but bright in Kent. I should have been going to the eye clinic this morning but they rang yesterday to say the machine was broken. So DH will be taking a trip to the next town for a bit of shopping instead.
Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 30-May-19 07:55:22

Good morning from a very dull and cloudy Black Country.

Had a lovely lunch yesterday with DD. It's not often it is just the two of us. Then she reminded me that I said I would babysit tonight, I had not put it on calendar so had forgotten! So it is over there this evening again and will probably stay over as it is a 40 minute drive.

Today I am off to a play reading by our U3A play reading group. The play is written by a U3A member.

I popped to Sainsburys after dropping off my Partner at train station. Initially to fill car and buy some salad. I also ended up with two tops and a pair of jeggings. All the clothing is 25% off there at the moment, so I had to look round! smile

I hope you get your hot water cylinder arrives today BlueSapphire you have had to wait far too long!

Never been to Bicester Village, but I imagine it is similar to Merry Hill near here?

oldgaijin Thu 30-May-19 08:00:29

Good morning all from a dreich, gray Aberdeenshire...it's not quite raining. Am feeling a lot brighter today...what a difference a day of sleep makes and the mutt has recovered from whatever was making him down. He's desperate to get to the woods to meet/chase/romp with his pals. He'll be a stinky, wet boy when we get home.
Has anyone been watching 'Springwatch'? It's my part of the country, but I've been in Aberdeenshire for over fifty years. Isn't itstrange how I still think of it as home?I

Alygran Thu 30-May-19 08:08:37

Good morning. Grey start here in North Yorkshire. Managed to get the lawn cut yesterday before the rain came again.
Off to Saltburn today to meet a friend for lunch. Fish and chips by the sea! We will be discussing our plans for our Croatia trip next month.
Hope the day is kind to everyone

oldgaijin Thu 30-May-19 08:12:09

It's raining!

Urmstongran Thu 30-May-19 08:20:53

Good morning everyone from a sunny Malaga. The swallows are whirling, dipping and screeching outside the balcony - they come so close I think they’re going to hit the building then they flip and soar - amazing to watch. There must be at least twenty of them, all sizes so some must be babies.

Himself went to a bar last night with a couple of chaps to watch Arsenal -v- Chelsea. He had a few ?? and enjoyed himself. Strangely, he’s decided not to go for his walk this morning .....
?

BlueSapphire and Maw I hope you enjoy the performance this afternoon - very cultured! Would you recognise one another if your paths crossed?

Hope Thursday is good to us all, whether we have plans or none. x