Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Thu 30-May-19 06:15:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky over Brackley this morning , if the forecast is right the temperatures are going to be 20c plus for a few days.
Usual bus trip out to Bicester and Buckingham to my café haunts , and shops.
Going into Bicester itself , although its surprising the amount of cars and odd coach trips go to Bicester Village Retail site about a mile or so west of the town .
Mick

harrigran Thu 30-May-19 08:22:43

Good morning, it is overcast and still damp from overnight rain.
DH has lunchtime hospital appointment, thankfully penultimate one.
DS is not having good holiday weather, shame as he loves Scotland at this time of year.

Anniebach Thu 30-May-19 08:59:15

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Auntieflo Thu 30-May-19 09:25:58

Morning Michael, Annie and all. Yesterday I had my hair cut, then we had a Hospital visit for DH. Just information really, but well done. It was a long day, as we went by bus, and it is almost an hour there and back, but so much better than trying to find a non existent parking place. We had lunch in the hospital restaurant, and it was very good! Poured with rain on and off, and I couldn’t find my new-ish rain jacket. I had it on holiday, so wonder where I have safely put it?
Blue Sapphire, hope your heating/hot water is soon fixed. My friend emailed me yesterday to say that she has had a flood from the loft, and the insurance is not as straightforward as she thought it would be.
Have a good day one and all.

EllanVannin Thu 30-May-19 09:26:10

Good morning All x
This weather's giving me the pip ! Cold cloudy and generally miserable. It's supposed to be 16 degrees right now------it never is ! Jumper at the ready. Drizzling now. sad A day for sorting out cupboards/drawers ( possibly )

Nothing exciting afoot today so far apart from thinking of next week when my oldest GG twins turn 13 and mulling over as to how much to give them. My D usually takes them shopping to choose what they want for B/days/Xmas. I'll make them a big chocolate cake too.

Hope everyone's day goes well and to plan.

Greyduster Thu 30-May-19 09:32:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire. Sleep entirely eluded me last night so I have had about three hours and DH has a whip and a chair this morning. The landscaper is starting work on extending our patio, so there will be mess. I will escape to the hairdressers. Have a good day folks.

Mapleleaf Thu 30-May-19 09:50:33

Good morning,
Bright, cloudy and breezy here at the moment in my part of SY. Not sure how warm or cool , as I haven’t been outdoors yet.
I’m glad you are feeling better today, Oldgaijin.
A few chores to do but otherwise not a lot planned for today.
Hope you all have a good day. ?

Nanny41 Thu 30-May-19 12:27:08

Good afternon, sorry I am late, writing from a miserable cold Sweden, 3 degrees this morning rainy and windy now.
Hope everyone enjoys their day despite the weather.

Slowcookervegan Thu 30-May-19 15:27:34

Well hello
Today i decided to build a house in Alaska, restore a car in Vagas. Thenbi got tired, turned the tv off as a friend visited and had an afternoon nap. grin.
Enjoy your day.

Mapleleaf Thu 30-May-19 17:13:30

?? slowcookervegan. I bought a house and made over the garden today, before switching the tv off!! Seriously, we could spend a fortune, couldn’t we?

Slowcookervegan Thu 30-May-19 19:48:50

Maple leaf, we sure could. I sometimes think if it wasn't for this cup of coffee i could be off remodelling a house or two grin

NanKate Thu 30-May-19 19:58:07

Good evening Mick and Folks.

Looking after DGSs so my first opportunity to pop in to check you all out.

See you tomorrow.