Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Fri 31-May-19 06:20:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bit of grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day for me ,small shop, and then later watch the cycling.
Mick

Beechnut Fri 31-May-19 06:25:46

Good Morning all.
Wet and grey here but not raining.
I’ve been at home all week so I think I’ll go out today, do my weekly shop and have a mooch.

Have a good day this Friday all of you ?

DoraMarr Fri 31-May-19 06:31:26

Good morning from a rather overcast Birmingham. My grandson will be here shortly- he’s staying the night too. I will take him to the local nature centre today.
I hope everyone has a good day.

NanKate Fri 31-May-19 06:36:10

Morning Mick and All.

Grey but warm here in Sussex.

Will have to go home a day early from grandparent duties as my dodgy tooth has really flared up over night and I suspect will need some emergency treatment or heavy duty antibiotics - what a drag.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 31-May-19 06:55:41

Good morning from a warm SE Essex, it’s meant to be sunny and 21/22 degrees here today.

We are taking GC to our local RHS Gardens (Hyde Hall) today, hills for him to roll down, flowers for us and a play park at the end for him.

Nankate hope you get your tooth sorted.

Wishing you all a pleasant day.

teabagwoman Fri 31-May-19 07:05:10

Good morning from cloudy Northampton. Back to my daughter’s today. Plan to put some meals for gd in their freezer. Hope your tooth gets sorted NanKate.

kittylester Fri 31-May-19 07:06:06

Morning all from a sunny North Leicestershire.

Butchers and a small Sainsbury's shop this morning and garden centre this afternoon.

kate, I hope your tooth gets sorted. I'm being careful with mine even though it's much better and hope it lasts until my appointment on 18th.

dragonfly46 Fri 31-May-19 07:14:15

Yes as kitty says sunny and warm in Leicestershire.
Hope you get your tooth sorted out kate.

Taking DH to doctor today as his hip has flared up once more.
Then a trip to see my mum and to the organic shop.

Lins1066 Fri 31-May-19 07:14:56

Good Morning from a cloudy S Welsh coast.

Book Club this morning, first time since January.
Have a pleasant day everyone.

cornergran Fri 31-May-19 07:16:05

Morning Mick, morning All from a light cloud covered corner of Somerset. Food shop and an attempt to clear a patch of garden today. Hopefully time for a trip to the garden centre later for more compost. My resolve to minimise the tubs this year seems to have been forgotten. Oops. Hope your tooth can be sorted nankate, it sounds what is known around here as a ‘serious ouchie’ and pleased you’re comfortable kitty. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

BlueSapphire Fri 31-May-19 07:30:43

Good morning everyone from a grey Northampton.

Expecting my my new hot water tank to be installed today, so am actually up washed and dressed waiting for the gas engineers to arrive. It will be lovely to have hot water again after nearly three weeks.

Had a lovely afternoon at the ballet yesterday; Matthew Bourne's interpretation of the Romeo and Juliet story, which was very original to say the least. Wonderful dancing and a single set which was used really well. A packed house as well for a matinee. And how wonderful to bump into Maw during the interval; she was sitting a few rows behind me, and we had a nice but all too brief catch-up.

DGDs here today, so shall be busy; they will have to put up with staying in, as the gasmen will probably be here all day.

Hope all goes well for everyone.

gillybob Fri 31-May-19 07:43:08

Good morning from a cloudy but mild NE coast.

Off to “that place” in just under an hour so just enjoying my cuppa before the off. I’m so glad it’s Friday again and a half day, which is as usual, spent taking my dad for a coffee and then doing his shopping.

Sorry to hear your tooth is flaring is NanKate . I think toothache is one of the worst pains. Hope you get it sorted soon.

I hope you finally get your heating sorted today BlueSapphire you must have the patience of a saint. I think I might have blown a gasket before now.

Have a good Friday everyone x

gillybob Fri 31-May-19 07:44:45

“Is flaring up” not is flaring is...... wakey, wakey woman.

Marydoll Fri 31-May-19 07:52:19

Good morning all, it's been pouring most of the night. We could hear it bouncing off the conservatory roof!?

Prescriptions to pick up and sort out insurance forms to try and get a refund for our holiday. I can't make head nor tail of the form.
We would have been taking off for Spain at this very moment.
However, I'm I know in my heart, I'm not well enough to go. sad

During my brief trip to Glasgow yesterday, I spotted what I thought was the perfect hat for my DD's wedding. I showed it to DIL, when I got home, she said it was totally the wrong colour! sad It will have to be returned. What a disappointment!
Department store lighting is not the best!

Nankate, shame about your early return, I hope the tooth gets sorted.
Have a good day, everyone.

Marydoll Fri 31-May-19 07:53:00

Forgot to say, fingers crossed Bluesapphire!

Justme67 Fri 31-May-19 07:53:31

Good morning everyone, not sure about the weather today, the sky looks uncertain, but I feel a little better, so hope that I will enjoy my coffee morning with friends, and I have the promise of fish and chips for lunch, what excitement. I am trying out a new 'watch' instead of my pendant (emergency stuff) hope it works, and/or I never have to use it. Take care and enjoy your days.

Urmstongran Fri 31-May-19 07:56:31

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny Malaga. We got the bus up to Mijas yesterday. It’s such a pretty town. We wandered around, saw the sights and had tapas and wine for a late lunch under an awning in the shade on Calle San Sebastian. It was a great place for people watching with loads of Chinese visitors (a coach trip) oohing and aahing on discovering this very pretty Andalusian street full of geraniums and bougainvillea - cameras clicking away in the hot sunshine.

No plans until this evening when we are meeting friends for a curry in a nearby restaurant.

I hope Friday is good to us all, whether we have plans or none. x

Urmstongran Fri 31-May-19 08:00:45

X posts Marydoll so I hope you don’t find mine gloating about being here as you would have been setting off for Spain this morning yourself. My description of what we did yesterday seems crass coming on the back of your post.
?
Sorry to hear you’re not well enough to travel and I hope your health improves soon so that you can come out later in the year should you choose to. x

harrigran Fri 31-May-19 08:03:08

Good morning from a grey NE.
DH's last appointment at hospital, thank goodness as he is looking weary.
I have a diabetes prevention session this morning and my friend is going to drive me there and stay with me.
Went out to dinner with DD and SIL last night, lovely to catch up as she lives abroad and spends a lot of time travelling the world.

Ginny42 Fri 31-May-19 08:04:01

Morning Mick and everyone. Serves me right for boasting on another thread that I haven't had a cold all winter! I have one now and my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton wool. It's only a cold for goodness sake! Get over it! There, given myself a stiff talking to.

Toothache is nasty! Hope you get it seen to NanKate. Three weeks without a hot water supply BlueSapphire? You must have the patience of a saint.

Walking at 9.00 with the neighbours. I gather the weather is going to be very warm and sunny this weekend. Yeah! Sitting out in the garden later seems like the best idea for today.

Sprout Fri 31-May-19 08:12:41

Good morning MICK and all. Grey day but not cold. Of to hait dressers to cover up the grey roots. Out for lunch with best friend . Home to walk the dogs. Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Fri 31-May-19 08:22:11

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire, and work is underway on extending our patio, so any plans for sitting in the garden are shelved for the duration - unless we want to share the space with a concrete mixer and other bits of kit that look as if they mean business! I’ll content myself with cleaning the fridges out instead! Have a good day folks.

oldgaijin Fri 31-May-19 08:25:02

Good morning from a grey, fyuchy and wet Aberdeenshire,,,there's a thick haar from the estuary and were it not for the fact that I have to take the mutt for a haircut etc., I would hunker down with a good book and multiple mugs of tea. His departure for Singapore has been postponed so I have him for a while longer, Hurrah!
Am feeling much brighter today, so may go and get the hairy lip and chin done in town while I am waiting for the dog, O Joy! Life is so unfair...my hair is falling out but still have to get the 'tache ripped off.
Have a great day everyone.

Alygran Fri 31-May-19 08:29:55

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Light cloud here today.
Hair appointment at lunch time and a trip to the garden centre for a perennial to fill a gap.
Sorry to hear you missed your trip Marydoll. Hope you will soon be much better.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Fri 31-May-19 08:40:38

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Warm and windy....the weather not me!!
A new phone for DH is arriving today so one of us will have killed the other by the time it is set up.