Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Fri 31-May-19 06:20:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bit of grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day for me ,small shop, and then later watch the cycling.
Mick

Marydoll Fri 31-May-19 08:44:12

Urmstongran, please don't think you are being crass! I get great pleasure from hearing about other people's holidays.
I transferred myself to Mijas in my mind and thoroughly enjoyed your tapas and wine!
I hope gambas and calamari figured in your meal along with aïoli grin

It's just one of those things, not the first time it's happened and probably not the last! DS1, DIL and DGD are also off on holiday and they too are feeling guilty, despite me telling them not too!

Anniebach Fri 31-May-19 08:55:29

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Marydoll x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Urmstongran Fri 31-May-19 09:02:27

Marydoll ??

Greyjoy1953 Fri 31-May-19 09:08:36

Morning all from sunny Colchester too. Had a great day with grandchildren at the Suffolk Show yesterday . DH off playing golf all day so a nice restful day for me today with opticians and hairdresser in store for me. Have a great Friday everyone.

Mapleleaf Fri 31-May-19 09:09:10

Good morning from a bright, slightly breezy South Yorkshire.
I’m hoping to cut the grass later as it’s growing very fast in this mild, damp weather we e been having.
It’s firecast to be a pleasant day tomorrow so will perhaps be able to sit outside for lunch and enjoy the benefits of today’s labour! I hope your patio is finished today, Greyduster so that you can do the same.
Those of you under the weather, I hope you soon feel better again.
Enjoy your day. ?

Mapleleaf Fri 31-May-19 09:10:40

Oops, should check spellings before posting!
We’ve not we e,
Forecast not firecast.

EllanVannin Fri 31-May-19 09:16:44

Good morning All x
Dull and heavy this morning so again it doesn't look too promising.
I've had a lovely conversation with my paper boy. He wasn't a bit fazed by my long winter dressing gown and slippers as I was " sneaking " around putting the bin back. I got his life-story, bless him. Now I can put a face to the click of the paper through the letter-box. Made my day.

Marydoll you should get all but administrative fees back from your cancellation as I remember many years ago when my friend took ill before we were to have left to go away. I don't remember much of a problem back then.

Just a bit of tidying up to do, nothing energetic though I feel at times that I should do the odd workout, koff.

Enjoy your day whatever you do------Urmstongran, I'm quite " green " picturing where friend and I used to be in the past.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 31-May-19 09:18:01

Good morning from east London, bright and heading for warm. Sun cream now permanently in my tennis bag - coach and play session this morning. Into town to pick up my number 1 tennis racket then may meet DD and GD in the Olympic park for a picnic after. Have a good day.

BlueSapphire Fri 31-May-19 09:24:53

Just to say that engineers are here now, looks like it'll be an all day job. Several jugs and pans filled with water, and cats coraalled in the sitting room to stop them making a bid for freedom! I've left the workmen to get on with it, but shall offer a hot drink soon, as I fancy a coffee.

Auntieflo Fri 31-May-19 09:37:08

Morning Michael, Annie and all.
Sorry to hear about your cancelled holiday Marydoll, let’s hope you are recovering gradually.
BlueSapphire, great news about the engineers being there this morning, and fingers crossed it doesn’t take all day.
I think the sun is trying hard to peep through here, at least it’s dry.
Thinking about changing my car, and now I feel like a bad parent offloading an offspring. I have had her from new, since 2003, so it will be a wrench.
Have a good day one and all.

NanKate Fri 31-May-19 09:56:45

Thanks for the advice and good wishes about my dodgy tooth. Went into local dentist where my DH lives and they are seeing me today at 12.50 a result, so we may be able to stay our allotted time with the DGC.

Harris27 Fri 31-May-19 10:27:37

Good morning all raining again! North east is wet wet wet!! That made me laugh pittcity! Technology eh? Have a good day all.

NannyJan53 Fri 31-May-19 11:54:35

A late good morning from a cloudy and grey Black Country.

Not long back from DD's as I stayed over when babysitting last night.

No real plans today, but make a start on sorting out what clothes to pack for my 5 days away to Hayling Island next week.

Hope you get your tooth sorted NanKate and BlueSapphire glad to see your hot water tank is finally being installed

Urmston, Mijas is a lovely town, I went there a couple of years ago on the bus when we stayed in Benalmadena Peublo. Lovely views from there!

Have a lovely Friday everyone.

Glasgo Fri 31-May-19 17:51:40

Good morning/evening all. Had a lovely rewarding day looking after two grandsons. New to gransnet and so thankful for all the posts, some have really resonated and helped me. Great to have a place to share and be uplifted with wise people.