Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Sun 02-Jun-19 06:12:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Another bright dry and warm start this morning, here in Brackley.
Today will be a quiet day after yesterday.
Yesterday, I did notice on the flea market stall I frequent the stall holder had a chessboard c/w Chinese figures, with a price tag on of £45.
Final day of Giro today ,so will become a couch potato whilst watching , but in the town as well they have a soapbox derby plus HS2 are displaying as well.
Mick

cornergran Sun 02-Jun-19 09:22:53

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s overcast in our corner of Somerset, rain forecast, who stole summer? Must sort the spare bedroom today, looks like a fairly well supported jumble sale. Nothing else planned for either of us. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Sun 02-Jun-19 10:02:08

Good morning all from a miserable and wet Glasgow. sad

Been up since the crack of dawn, as had wee granddaughter sleeping beside me. She slept until after 8am, which is unsual for her.
I think I had about 10 minutes sleep all night. OK, I'm exaggerating, it may have been twenty minutes! I woke up at one point to find a tiny toe in my ear! grin.

I'm having a very quiet day, apart from making Sunday lunch. The Scottish crumpets were a huge success yesterday, so I'm off to make another batch, as
my children will turn up, knowing DGD is here.

Nankate, I hope you get your tooth sorted ASAP! flowers

Grammaretto, if your weather is anything like ours, you may have problems with your outdoor lunch! What about an indoor picnic, with a blanket on the floor in your empty room. grin

Have a good day, everyone.

annsixty Sun 02-Jun-19 10:42:44

A late Good morning from Stockport.
I lazed in my bed this morning drinking tea and playing with my new iPad.
The days are very long on ones own.
It spotted with rain briefly, then the sun made an effort, now it is raining again.
That full day I had planned in the garden now looks to be off.!!

If you knew me and gardening, you would realise just how ludicrous that statement is.?

gillybob Sun 02-Jun-19 10:44:30

A very quick and late good morning from a warm but dull NE coast and Gillybob’s house where chaos reigns ! Little Evie is running the place at the minute ( she’s into everything ) and 2 of her big cousins have arrived . It’s a mad house !

Have a good Sunday everyone . I’m just about ready for bed ! x

Harris27 Sun 02-Jun-19 11:04:19

Good morning here in the ne. Very warm but muggy hope sun shines dh birthday today. Having all the family so busy day ahead then bac k to work tomorrow. Hubby has four years to pension but not counting!!!!!

Legs55 Sun 02-Jun-19 11:16:10

Good morning all from sunnyhmm, cloudy & windy Devon. Had a lovely day yesterday at Buckfast Abbey Garden Fayre. Bought a few plants, still got to finish doing my baskets if it stays fine today. Such changeable weather, yesterday was sunny 22C, today it can't make it's mind up & only 16C

BassGrammy Sun 02-Jun-19 11:26:44

Hello from Yorkshire, where it’s dull but warm. Lazy morning, but this afternoon we have a rehearsal for our mixed barbershop chorus....that’ll blow the cobwebs away! Sunshine is promised for later so I’m hoping to get a bit of gardening done, I love these light evenings!

sunshine57 Sun 02-Jun-19 11:45:43

Good morning from Fuerteventura, Canary Islands where I have lived for the past 15 years in a small village 5 miles from the coast.
It is 29.5C at 11.30 so far this morning and will rise to possibly 34C so will have to stay inside when it reaches that temperature as the locals do.All goes very quiet in the afternoon as the siesta takes over.

Lovely island for a holiday with fabulous golden beaches and generally the temperature is between 22-25C except when the wind changes and brings hot air from Africa as it does now.

All the best of health and happiness to everyone.

NanKate Sun 02-Jun-19 14:30:59

Thanks all for your good wishes. My dentist went above and beyond today meeting me outside a cafe in my town (where she was meeting her mother for coffee) with a prescription, so I am knocking back the antibiotics AGAIN and she will try and fit me in this coming week for an extraction. Admittedly it all costs money but us well worth it.

Hope you can get some rest today Mary.