Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(33 Posts)
12Michael Thu 06-Jun-19 06:14:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its clear blue sky with some cloud over Brackley this morning.
My usual day of going out to Bicester and Buckingham , which as become a regular routine , but enjoy the change.
Mick

Greyduster Thu 06-Jun-19 06:26:29

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Enjoy your trip out today, Mick. It has been wet in South Yorkshire during the night, but appears to be drying up now. I have been awake since half past five sneezing my head off and I have an early dental appointment this morning! Later we are going to move some pots onto our newly laid patio area which should now be okay to move around on. Hope everyone’s day has something good in it.

cornergran Thu 06-Jun-19 06:27:57

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, sunny corner of Somerset. Early physio assessment for me, then driving Mr C to the dentist for first stage of a back tooth crown. Mr C has man flu, I suggested he re-arranges, Mr C says not necessary. Poor dentist. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

cornergran Thu 06-Jun-19 06:28:43

Snap greyd!

Beechnut Thu 06-Jun-19 06:31:34

Good Morning all.
Bright and sunny on Severnside.
I’ve got my u3a class later today and then I might do something in the garden.

Enjoy your day everyone, whatever you get up to ?

Resurgam123 Thu 06-Jun-19 06:34:14

Good morning all. Cheshire has rain showers forecast. And quite cool at 8.C

Greyjoy1953 Thu 06-Jun-19 06:37:33

Morning Mick and all, sun out today but not sure how long it will last in Colchester. DH’s birthday today so celebrations all round tonite with the whole family. Off to get DGC ready for school now so have a great day everyone.

kittylester Thu 06-Jun-19 06:41:08

Morning all!

It is a fairly bright start but with quite a bit of dark cloud in North Leicestershire.

We are up early as DH is taking a patient for radiotherapy at 9am and gas to leave home at 7.45. shock

Our cleaner is coming this morning and I am off to the butcher"s and Sainsbury's.

teabagwoman Thu 06-Jun-19 06:45:53

Good morning all. Blue skies here in Northampton. Off to dd’s again today and will take her to pick up a wheelchair so we can get her out and about. Am learning new recipes as their style of cooking is very different to mine.

ninathenana Thu 06-Jun-19 06:46:18

Morning everyone.

The sun has been shining in Kent since 5 am. I've had my first cuppa and am waiting for DH to get up and cook breckie. He enjoys doing it, honestly.
He and DD will be going to her nan-in-laws to clear the 6ft high nettles and weeds in the garden.
I will be doing, not a lot !
Have a good day.

DoraMarr Thu 06-Jun-19 07:06:41

Good morning from a gloriously sunny Birmingham. Off to the seaside today, sharing a big house with my three daughters and their partners and the grandchildren. It’s a three and a half hour drive, which I’m not looking forward to, but it will be fun when we get there.

BlueSapphire Thu 06-Jun-19 07:09:06

Good morning all. Sun out and bright blue skies in Northampton.

Been awake and up since 5.15; find it difficult to lie there wide awake, so got up and put a load of washing on. Just had tea and toast.

An old school friend of DS (and ex-neighbour of ours), runs a cleaning company and he is coming today to give me a quote for cleaning driveway, patio and garden paving. Has not been done for a few years as it became too much for late DH.

Enjoyed the Elton John film Rocketman yesterday, recommend it. An amazing story of a very gifted musician who sadly spiralled into drug and alcohol abuse, and came through it.

Out to lunch at a local pub today with a friend of nearly 50 years. We taught at the same school in the 1970s, and DH and I became very friendly with her and her DH. They are godparents to our DS. Sadly we are both widowed now, but enjoy a good lunch out together. Wine will be taken.....

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Grammaretto Thu 06-Jun-19 07:15:24

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. It's looking dull again. We have had a lot of rain.
The floor of our sitting room is being sanded today, unless there's a glitch. I relish getting things done around the house and garden but not the upheaval and the dust.
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Thu 06-Jun-19 07:18:11

Good morning everyone. A bright start to Thursday here on the NE coast.

I had WI last night and a very interesting talk from the man who runs our local tip (or recycling village as he likes to call it) . All about what happens to all the rubbish once it has been collected .

We also had 2 young girls talking about hygiene poverty. We have the biggest food bank in the country right here in the NE (shocking isn’t it?) and apparently hygiene products are in very short supply and are the first things that those living in poverty stop buying . Well you would if you were hungry wouldn’t you ? They are Desperate for deodorants, soap, nappies, wipes, tampons, shampoo etc. All very sad and depressing when we think about the divide between the “haves” in some parts of the country and the “have nots” up here in the North East.

Anyway I am back to “that place” again today. So glad it’s Thursday and nearing the end of another thrilling week.

Have a good day everyone x

Nannytopsy Thu 06-Jun-19 07:28:08

Morning to you all and those to follow.
Another quote from a removals firm and the delivery of some bubble wrap today - we know how to have fun! Then a haircut. Reminder to self to keep an eagle eye on her and don’t let her do that choppy thing all around the lower edge of the haircut! It looks such a mess when everything sticks out grin

Lins1066 Thu 06-Jun-19 07:30:02

Good Morning all from a bright and sunny S Welsh coast. Hope the weather stays dry as DD is doing the 3 Peaks Challenge today ( Snowden, Cader Idris and Pen y Fan )They are raising money for a bereavement charity.

Our cleaner is coming today too * Kitty*
Visited our local garden centre yesterday and did a bit too much walking, I am sore this morning. However it was lovely to get out and about.

Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 06-Jun-19 07:32:32

Good morning everyone from a windy woo Malaga. Lovely and sunny but the palm trees are dancing quite furiously! My husband has gone out for his early morning walk - I hope the wind is behind him or it’ll be a slog!

Hope Thursday (where do these days go?) is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Alygran Thu 06-Jun-19 07:36:30

Good morning from a lovely sunny North Yorkshire.
I had a bit of a restless night with cramp after walking up in Swaledale yesterday. My Fitbit suggests we did 8 miles but lots of climbing and scary walking on scree slopes. Worth it for the views!
Off to support a parents group at a local special children charity this morning then project planning for a training programme for teenage girls with autism and their mums.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

NanKate Thu 06-Jun-19 07:37:09

Morning Mick and All.

Bright sunny day in South Bucks.

My notorious tooth is out which is a relief.

Weren’t the start of the D Day celebrations yesterday awe inspiring? What very brave men and women who fought for our future.

It’s DH’s 74 birthday today so we are going out to lunch (something soft for me ?). I hope he doesn’t ask his usual question, ‘do they have vegetables’. It’s an Italian restaurant so maybe just a side salad.

Gillybob we too at our WI collect similar products to you for our nearest refuge and food bank and we are supposedly in an affluent area. That reminds me I need to get toothbrushes and toothpaste that we are asked for.

Sprout Thu 06-Jun-19 07:51:55

Morning Mick and all. Sun out lovely morning hope it lasts. Washing today general chores. So not much more. Have a good day everyone.

aggie Thu 06-Jun-19 07:54:27

Good Morning , still raining , the forecast said showers .................... didn't think a shower could last this long ! I am watching the Ceremonies in France , so sad to think of all those who died on such a tremendous day

EllanVannin Thu 06-Jun-19 08:00:27

Good morning All x
A lovely sunny start-----notice I said start because heavy showers are forecast for later ? Ah well, never mind.

Gillybob, my heart goes out to all those poor souls who have nothing, it's so upsetting to hear that they haven't got the simplest of things in life such as toiletries,etc.
Asda near us has a container for donations and pleased to say it's always overflowing. I'm only too happy to add something to the collection on each visit there. It so upsets me ! Parts of the NW here aren't so well-off either.
Poor Frank Field has done his best in one area re. poverty. but it falls on deaf ears ! It is shocking, I agree and shouldn't be this way.

Some hovering to be done ( cat hairs ) and maybe shops later.
Just watching the speeches at Normandy. I love France , wish I was there.

Enjoy whatever everyone does today.

Pittcity Thu 06-Jun-19 08:01:02

Good morning from sunny Colchester. I am going to the Thursday coffee meetup in town followed by a D Day remembrance service.

NannyJan53 Thu 06-Jun-19 08:09:03

Good morning from a bright and warm Hayling Island.

It is our last day today, as we travel back after breakfast tomorrow.

Today we are off to Gunwharf Quays at Portsmouth.

Mum has enjoyed her few days here, and we made friends of a couple of ladies from Nottingham who sit next to us at mealtimes.

Hoping you all have a lovely day

Newquay Thu 06-Jun-19 08:14:33

Just watching service from Normandy-relief that veterans did their part especially after standing for so long! They’re still standing shaking hands!
Heard national anthems of France and ours. It really is time we had a fresh national anthem not just one which keeps the monarchy going surely?