Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Thu 06-Jun-19 06:14:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its clear blue sky with some cloud over Brackley this morning.
My usual day of going out to Bicester and Buckingham , which as become a regular routine , but enjoy the change.
Mick

Marydoll Thu 06-Jun-19 08:23:18

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow.

Another quiet day for me, taking it easy. Yesterday was a wasted day, as I felt awful and lay on the sofa watching rubbish on TV. I felt guilty, as I'm always ( used to be ) on the go. I think the culprit may be my new medication, yet again!
If the rain stays off, I hope to potter about the garden. It had better stay off, we have stripped the beds!!!

Namkate, glad the tooth is sorted and I hope Mr C survives his dental visit.

Have a good day, everyone.

Harris27 Thu 06-Jun-19 08:46:53

Morning everyone from a brighter NE. Off to work half day going food shopping and pile of ironing happy days!!sons away in Edinburgh for a golf few days love it that they spend time together. Have a lovely day all.

MawBroonsback Thu 06-Jun-19 08:52:44

Good morning from sunny N Bucks.
Thinking of all those in Normandy this morning, especially my sisters in law who have gone to Ouistreham to represent the family and the sons and daughters of FIL’s fellow Commandos- British and Free French.
We did the D day commemorations I think three times together and Paw and his mother another twice. FIL has a Rue, an Avenue and a “Place” named after him and the dedications were very moving. He was still alive for the first in 1994 but had died by the time of the other two. My experience was that it was not “history” to the French we met, but still very alive in their hearts and minds. ??
I have a village funeral this morning, always sad, but that of a man who played such a central part in our village - a long life (93) and incredibly active one. We will mourn his loss but not the manner of his passing.
Then to cheer myself up I am heading back to London to meet up with DDs and the little boys smile
Wishing you all a pleasant day and for those in pain or distress, some relief from your troubles.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 06-Jun-19 09:06:46

Good morning from east London, bright and cloudy here again. It feels a bit like Groundhog Day, tennis this morning, school pick up this afternoon except it’s swimming lesson for GD after school then choir for me. Having seen a couple of comments about have and have not, I think this is spread across the country although the same reasons may not apply everywhere. I hope your day is good for you.

Anniebach Thu 06-Jun-19 09:13:12

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

I have an assessment with the council’s occupational therapist this morning, feeling so anxious.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Legs55 Thu 06-Jun-19 10:44:23

Good morning from sunny clouds hovering around Devon, rain forecast for later so any gardening will have to be this morning. May have to tackle the ironing if it does rainhmm & a little light housework if I must grin .

nipsmum Thu 06-Jun-19 11:15:36

Dull and raining in The Granite City the am. Came back from walking my dog to find my car had a rather flat tyre. Spent some time using the portable compressor to put some air in so that I could drive to the Tyre Centre. Got it fixed and now need a cup of tea before I can do anything else.Not a good start at all.

Rufus2 Thu 06-Jun-19 12:31:58

I have an assessment with the council’s occupational therapist.
Annie; If I'm not too late! Just relax and don't offer her/him a cup of tea otherwise you'll be marked as not needing their help! smile Also carry your walking stick, or better still, your rollator when you greet them! grin Best of luck!