Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Sat 08-Jun-19 06:38:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey and wet morning here in Brackley this morning.
Plans for the day is hopefully get the bus to Buckingham and Bicester .
With the weather as it is chances of the flea market being on look remote.
Mick

GabriellaG54 Sat 08-Jun-19 08:56:36

Good morning to all from a wet and sometimes blustery Godalming.
Rained like the clappers for most of yesterday but only spitting on my run this morning.
Freshly made waffles, strawberries blueberries and Greek yogurt for brekkie plus my usual cappuccino then a trip to M&S and Zara.
Invite to 40th b'day meal tonight at Coworth Park Hotel so I think my faux leather trousers, cream/blue patterened silk blouse and vertiginous cobalt blue heels are due an outing. ?
I hope everyone has a good or better weekend and poor weather doesn't dash any plans. grin

Auntieflo Sat 08-Jun-19 09:00:17

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all. It's dry here at the moment, but yesterday, it chucked it down all day and I put the heating on.
DH was born in India, in June- monsoon season, so he says it's monsoons here!
Bellasnana have a lovely day and best wishes to your DD.
Marydoll go easy on the baking, don't overdo things.
Here's hoping the weather will be kind to all those planning
BBQ's.
Enjoy your weekend one and all.

Anniebach Sat 08-Jun-19 09:04:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

More rain in Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x

gillybob Sat 08-Jun-19 09:21:06

A late good morning from the NE coast where we have had heavy rain since yesterday tea time. Where is it all coming from ? I was so looking forward to Saturday (as I always do) and maybe spending a bit of time in the garden but will probably do some housework and a bit of shopping instead.

Have a good Saturday everyone x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 08-Jun-19 09:35:28

Morning everyone from a wet South Notts. A lazy day today, settling down with the newspaper and the crossword. No need to water any of the flower beds and it's too wet to mow the lawn - the only gardening job I hate.
Best wishes to all.

EllanVannin Sat 08-Jun-19 09:37:13

Good morning All x
Not in any hurry to do anything on this dull damp morning. Yesterday it didn't stop raining and coming out of Asda I was like a drowned rat.

Emailed D to tell her to pack her woollies for when she arrives here next week from Sydney. I really hope the weather bucks up for their visit for the next month.

After spending 3 hours getting the computer to " behave " I finally managed to get myself up and working. It seems strange as it's a wireless one and doesn't need a telephone plug-in.
I've hung on to the old machine to transfer pics and docs onto this one and the newer one which died on me I gave to my GS as he'll get it working again----it was another Win 10.
----starting to blow a gale now to add to this miserable weather, won't be venturing anywhere.

Hope everyone avoids this disgusting weather and that your day goes well.

annsixty Sat 08-Jun-19 09:48:12

Good morning all from the same weather most of you are having wet ,windy and cold.
I too am going to a birthday meal tonight, a 50th,
I will be leaving the leather trousers, the high heels etc at home and dressing as an old lady should.
I really feel my NHS walking stick would spoil the look.
Have as good a day as you can everyone.

harrigran Sat 08-Jun-19 09:57:50

Good morning, torrential rain here and has been since teatime yesterday.
I was awake all night with stomach pains so I am completely washed out now, still in bed resting at present.
Best wishes for your DD's wedding Bellasnana, I am sure it will be a wonderful evening.

theretheredear Sat 08-Jun-19 10:01:33

Good morning all..
A rainy & windy day here in west Yorkshire! So grey & dark i slept in!
Looking after the neighbours cat so he will be chomping at the bit , to be fed..
Soggy dog walking later & a trip to m&s for a mooch.
Enjoy your day all sunshine

MawBroonsback Sat 08-Jun-19 10:15:12

Good morning everyone.
Having bypassed Summer we seem to have hit Autumn this morning and a wet and windy one too.
A quiet day for me as this week has tired me out so a chance to get my breath back before an early start at the Earls Barton Literary Festival tomorrow.
Wishing you all respite from the showers and a pleasant day.

annsixty Sat 08-Jun-19 10:27:28

I have put my CH on, 8th of June brrh.

Rufus2 Sat 08-Jun-19 13:29:10

Good Evening from the "Lucky Country" Can't believe it's Winter here with such cheerful sunny days! And just in time for our Queen's Official Birthday Public Holiday. grin
But goodness me, you must have done something wrong to cop all that "summer" weather sad Pay-back for that hot summer I suppose; remember?
Annie Mid-Wales must be quite soggy. Hope Fred's shed is now keeping him dry!
OoRoo