Gransnet forums

Chat

Newbie - Hello!

(32 Posts)
FarNorth Wed 12-Jun-19 11:08:57

Hullo MamieJoy.
I don't do stone painting or have hens but just wanted to say hello anyway. smile
I've just been visiting a friend who is about to get 4 hens. Here is a picture of the nesting boxes all ready with straw and curtains.

MamieJoy Wed 12-Jun-19 10:58:24

I just find my stones on my walks on the Chase, very near me so the way I see it, I am not really talking them away from their local ground. Anyway, only got half a dozen right now. Plenty more in my garden, if I could be bothered to dig for them! smile

MamieJoy Wed 12-Jun-19 10:53:05

Yes Tib is quite old - almost 15 - and the arrival of the girls seem to have given him a new lease of life, but it didn't last very long! I live near Lichfield. Local coffee-meetups sound fun.

Greyduster Wed 12-Jun-19 10:06:13

Welcome, Mamiejoy. I used to do stone painting - haven’t done it for a long time though. It seems to be frowned upon to take the odd pebble when you’re on holiday so I got out of the habit. You’ll find a lot of very nice people on Gransnet.

Charleygirl5 Wed 12-Jun-19 09:56:42

Welcome- your little dog is very interested in the activity of the hens. What area do you live in?

I have met some very pleasant, interesting people at local coffee meetups.

dragonfly46 Wed 12-Jun-19 09:44:53

Welcome MamieJoy you will find the majority of people on here very friendly and if you live near some of them we do have meet-ups if you are interested.

MamieJoy Wed 12-Jun-19 09:42:20

Just a quicky to say Hi. I was googling ways to making friends not dating. There is nothing out there for the over 30 (I'm passed twice that!), and if there is, there're only dating sites in disguise. You wouldn't think under 30s need sites to help them make friends but apparently yes, they do - more than us. Anyway, I lost my hubby 18 months ago and now my mum 2 week ago. I feel a bit lost and isolated. I'm not bored - plenty to do - but I do get lonely sometimes. So here I am eaves-dropping on your chat and looking forward to join in. Btw, I've jsut started stone painting. I'm not very good but it is fun and relaxing - anyone here does that? If not, what do you do? Oh and I've recently acquired 4 lovely recued hens - anything to bring life and fun in the home.