Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Mon 17-Jun-19 06:10:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but grey start here in Brackley this morning.
A typical day for me, some housework , bank, and later cycling on TV.
Mick

NanKate Mon 17-Jun-19 06:18:27

Morning Mick and All.

Very bright and sunny in South Bucks, hope it lasts.

Up early as I could only get an 8.30 appointment for a cut and blow dry. I woke up having dreamt that I had woken at 11.00 and missed the appointment!

Really busy week ahead just hope I can keep going, energy is in short supply ?

Beechnut Mon 17-Jun-19 06:28:29

Good Morning all.
Dry and cloudy with some blue sky on Severnside.
Off to the bank and a browse around the town this morning and this afternoon who knows what I will get up to.
Enjoy your day everyone ?

kittylester Mon 17-Jun-19 06:29:10

Morning mick, morning kate, morning all.

North Leicestershire is a bit cloudy this morning and I think we have more rain in the forecast, and, no Kate, the roof isn't repaired but we are on the man's list.

Carer's course this evening and only one left thankfully. I find them really tiring. Dh is out for lunch so I will enjoy the peace.

BlueSapphire Mon 17-Jun-19 06:32:28

Good morning, blue skies in Northampton this morning, and hopefully it will stay dry so I can get the grass cut before my holiday.
Out to yoga and coffee this morning, nothing else planned apart from the grass.
Sorted out my clothes for the cruise yesterday, and laid everything out in a spare bedroom. Good thing there's no luggage limit! But I normally take two cases anyway.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Mon 17-Jun-19 06:44:01

Good morning.
Cloudy but a few patches of blue in Kent.
Laundry is done as I woke at silly o'clock and couldn't get back to sleep. Fingers crossed it stays dry.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Mon 17-Jun-19 06:46:28

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow.

Off out early to the doctor's, yet more tests to be done. Blood were not "quite right" on Friday. sad. I have given up stressing about it. (it's not good to have a vivid imagination, wink ) DH was going to cancel his golf to take me, but I need to start going out on my own and he needs a break.

I shall make a detour to M&S to pick up a click and collect and perhaps a browse if I'm feeling OK, then a restful afternoon. I hope!

Have a good day, everyone.

Sprout Mon 17-Jun-19 06:53:42

Morning Mick and all. Chilly but bright morning sun trying to get up but I think it will struggle normal Monday for me washing cleaning and buying my shopping on line best thing that ever came to be. Have a good day everyone

NfkDumpling Mon 17-Jun-19 07:21:32

Morning All

Bright and breezy here in Norfolk. Showers forecast and storms for later in the week. I haven’t seen a really good storm for ages!

harrigran Mon 17-Jun-19 07:21:34

Good morning, dry and bright in the NE.
Had a rare, good night's sleep but woken by a text message to DH's phone.
Yesterday was a lovely afternoon and evening with the family, they have such busy lives so it is a treat to see them all together.

Greyduster Mon 17-Jun-19 07:26:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Gloomy again this morning. We had a reasonable day yesterday but heavy rain in the late afternoon. We went to Wentworth Castle Gardens. Nice day out, but very busy, it being Father’s Day. Today I have laundry, and a chicken pie to make for GS as I promised him one. Have a good day folks.

oldgaijin Mon 17-Jun-19 07:34:02

Good morning from a bright and sunny Aberdeenshire.
My Sky box has breathed its last so no TV...had a most productive day in the garden yesterday and everything looks neat and tidy.
It's amazing what a lack of a time waster can achieve.s
The community nurse comes this morning to take bloods, ready for chemo tomorrow so that will be two cycles done, four to go...how time flies when you're having fun. NOT.
Just heard that DGD has broken her arm on a bouncy castle. She's
not in pain and is already planning the designs on her next cast.
Here's a little poem to cheer you through the week.
I wish I was a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum,
Cos how can you be grumpy,
When the sun shines out yer bum!
....and on that happy note, have a great day everyone.

Grammaretto Mon 17-Jun-19 07:34:45

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The sun is shining again but chilly.
I must remember to plant yesterday's impulse buys from the garden centre!
I hope you all enjoy the day.

DanniRae Mon 17-Jun-19 07:41:08

Hi Everyone. The sky in South London is quite grey but I hope it will improve enough to get my washing dry.
Busy weekend with family here for my younger daughter's birthday on Saturday and another family gathering on Sunday for Father's Day. I didn't cook either days because we had a takeaway on Saturday and eldest daughter cooked a lovely roast yesterday! grin
Have a good day One and All x

aggie Mon 17-Jun-19 07:50:01

Morning All , it was so sunny this morning that it woke me up ! but .......... the clouds are gathering so another day of showers , nothing planned for today but I have plenty to do , if I can get motivated

Brunette10 Mon 17-Jun-19 07:55:40

Morning everyone from a bright Fife. Now recovering from a very busy weekend with DD, and DGS's - whew!. Forgot how busy it is, however it was all good. Just going to give house a make-over and get it all tidied up to normal living smile. Hope everyone has a good day.

Lins1066 Mon 17-Jun-19 08:03:07

Good MorningMick and all.
Dry here on S Welsh coast. Nothing planned today, so will see what develops.
Your poem made me chuckle oldgaijin
Hope everyone has a good day whatever their plans.

Alygran Mon 17-Jun-19 08:09:01

Good morning from an overcast North Yorkshire. Flew home from Croatia yesterday so could see the change of the weather as we headed north! Amazing sight of a rainbow below us as we crossed the Pennines to turn towards Leeds airport.
Washing done and ready for ironing. First a walk with some friends and a pub lunch. It will be nice to catch up.
If it stays dry I need to start on the garden later.
Wishing you all a good day.

Mapleleaf Mon 17-Jun-19 08:16:59

Good morning,
It's dull and breezy here in South Yorkshire but the sky looks brighter over yonder.
Managed to get the grass cut yesterday even though the sky darkened a couple of times and we had a few heavy rain splodges. We didn't get the downpour though, but it looked as if we were on the edges.
Coffee morning group this morning, ironing this afternoon.
Your little poem made me chuckle, oldgaijin.
Have a good day. ?

cornergran Mon 17-Jun-19 08:47:06

Morning Mick, morning All from a blessedly dry corner of Somerset. Meeting a friend for lunch after some ironing, then a bit of garden rescue this afternoon if the showers allow. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 17-Jun-19 08:53:57

Morning all from South Notts, the weather doesn't know what to do yet - it's been bright and then the clouds roll by. Plan to do a bit of gentle housework as still recovering from the dental work but things are looking up at last.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Anniebach Mon 17-Jun-19 09:00:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

It’s not raining in Mid Wales yet

Hope everyone has a good day x

Urmstongran Mon 17-Jun-19 09:11:10

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga where we have ‘two more sleeps* as our little grandson would say. It’s Monday so that means wine + tapas with my ladies this afternoon! Well somebody has to do it ....

Your little poem made me smile oldgaijin and I’m in awe that you are managing to stay so upbeat in the middle of your chemo.

You are going through an anxious time too Marydoll and I hope your health bounces back soon.

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

gillybob Mon 17-Jun-19 09:16:28

A late good morning from me.

It may come as a surprise to some but I hate Monday’s (and Tuesdays, Wednesdays Thursdays ) can just about live with Fridays though. Nothing nice or remotely interesting to say really so I’ll just shove off.

Have a good day everyone x

MawBroonsback Mon 17-Jun-19 09:25:03

Good morning all from N Bucks where it is sunny but breezy.
Seriously overslept today- I remember hearing the binmen at 7.30 as usual but must have turned over and gone back to sleep shock
My closest friend’s Mum’s funeral this afternoon.She was 92 less a day or two and had had a major stroke 3 years ago, but nothing prepares you for losing your Mum. It is also my friend’s birthday which is so poignant.
I just hope I hold it together for their sakes, didn’t do too well at a village funeral two weeks ago but that was a huge service and I hope it wasn’t spotted. Today will be very small, just family and the daughters’ friends. When you get to your 90’s there aren’t so many of your peers left or who are fit enough to get out.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.