Gransnet forums

Chat

Whats happening outside where you are?

(195 Posts)
gillybob Mon 24-Jun-19 14:17:32

Its a quiet Monday here at work. I'm bored stiff as the lads are out on site and the phone hasn't rung since 10am !

I have all the lights on and its black dark outside. Looks like there's a storm a comin'...… I'm picking the older DGC up from school at 3.15 and have no coat so will no doubt end up soaked to the skin. Might rummage around and see if I can find a high vis knocking around.

What's it like where you are?

Jane10 Mon 24-Jun-19 14:19:42

There's a monsoon going on outside! Stair rods of rain. The ground is flooding fast. There was a lot if thunder first. We've had to have the lights on all day and I'm back in my cosy slippers.

gmelon Mon 24-Jun-19 14:22:12

Sun is up there here but mainly overcast. Warm day though.
Just outside M25 North.

gillybob Mon 24-Jun-19 14:22:48

Same here now Jane10 ! Its as dark as night too. Not looking forward to the school run and especially not waiting in the playground.

Glammy57 Mon 24-Jun-19 14:24:08

Warm and very humid in Wales. Just waiting for the rain!

gillybob Mon 24-Jun-19 14:26:00

It's thundering here in Tyneside now and I haven't seen so much rain since...…..well...…...since last week.

Urmstongran Mon 24-Jun-19 14:27:45

Warm, muggy and bright here in Urmston. A right racket going on across the road as greenery on the local railway station is being cut back by industrial sized electric hedge shears.

I’ve just peeped over the verandah and there are half a dozen people sat out at tables in the bar below us enjoying wine and beers.

MiniMoon Mon 24-Jun-19 14:27:50

We had thunder in the early hours. I got up and opened the curtains to fog! Now it's dry but overcast, but it isn't as warm as it might be. Going out later, as I'm goldfish watching for DGD while the family are away on holiday. I hope it doesn't rain.

Auntieflo Mon 24-Jun-19 14:28:35

It’s warm and a bit muggy here, but at least I got the washing on the line.

Yorksherlass Mon 24-Jun-19 14:30:04

Scottish Highlands and guess what, rain rain rain !!☔️

wildswan16 Mon 24-Jun-19 14:30:13

Its getting blacker and blacker but I am happy that my windows have been very well washed by the two-hour long downpour. Even the ducks have disappeared from the river in disgust.

This is nearly the end of June - isn't it???

Day6 Mon 24-Jun-19 14:32:17

Weather-wise, the sky is grey and there is no breeze. I am looking at the trees in ours and our neighbours gardens. Nothing is moving. I hate humid weather with a passion. It makes me feel unsettled and head-achey.

We live in a quiet little road. No sound out there at all, no cars going by, or people. This could be the beginning of one of those creepy films where there's an ominous silence and we wait for something to break the stillness in a frightening way. grin Ooooer. (Over-active imagination)

Urmstongran Mon 24-Jun-19 14:32:32

I hope it clears for Sunday Yorksherlass as we will be up in Plockton then!

Callistemon Mon 24-Jun-19 14:33:30

Hazy sun and warm but humid, and not all blue skies.

After a busy morning I'm going to sit in the garden and read while the weather's still nice!

gillybob Mon 24-Jun-19 14:33:33

Yes it is the end of June wildswan hmm Maybe we have all been transported to some kind of parallel universe?

Good news I have borrowed pinched a high vis jacket off the pegs in the workshop.

gillybob Mon 24-Jun-19 14:35:01

I can hear the music Day6 very creepy.

ninathenana Mon 24-Jun-19 14:35:58

We've had few spits and spots or rain and it's grey and humid.
Someone has just started up a lawnmower, otherwise it's very quiet apart from the bird song. DH mowed before lunch and is just going back out to finish the weeding.

KatyK Mon 24-Jun-19 14:36:39

Keeps alternating between light-ish and cloudy here. Phone has ring about 15 times this morning. Every time it's either no one there or an automated message from Talk Talk with whom we have no dealings whatsoever. angry Then a friend who talked at me for half an hour.

Callistemon Mon 24-Jun-19 14:37:43

The June Monsoon Jane10!

Sara65 Mon 24-Jun-19 14:44:35

weve been away for a few days, and I’ve taken today off to catch up with all the washing and ironing. It was quite sunny, but it’s gradually getting very still and humid.

I can hear the gardener strimming, so I hope it doesn’t rain just yet

Esther1 Mon 24-Jun-19 14:44:51

Warm and dry in Surrey. Such a treat to have the doors to the garden open and little GC’s able to run in and out. Love this weather.

Jane10 Mon 24-Jun-19 14:45:57

It sure is callistemon and its just upped its efforts. The rain is absolutely pounding the ground and bouncing back up! Its also freezing cold. Not right.

Yorksherlass Mon 24-Jun-19 14:55:55

Urmstongran ,weather forecast looks good for the weekend at the moment . Plockton is lovely ?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 24-Jun-19 15:13:01

Grey and humid in SE Essex, a few spits and spots of rain. All quiet in surrounding gardens. The nursery, infant and junior school next door but one are just coming out, much chatter and laughter

Urmstongran Mon 24-Jun-19 15:18:08

Ah thanks Yorksherlass that’s kind of you!
?
We shall be busy, up there with my father who wants to sell his house. It’s been in his family for nearly 100y and he is 86y now. It’s time to let it go, sadly.