Gransnet forums

Chat

Whats happening outside where you are?

(196 Posts)
gillybob Mon 24-Jun-19 14:17:32

Its a quiet Monday here at work. I'm bored stiff as the lads are out on site and the phone hasn't rung since 10am !

I have all the lights on and its black dark outside. Looks like there's a storm a comin'...… I'm picking the older DGC up from school at 3.15 and have no coat so will no doubt end up soaked to the skin. Might rummage around and see if I can find a high vis knocking around.

What's it like where you are?

Yorksherlass Mon 24-Jun-19 15:27:50

Urmstongran, it is sad, bet that house could tell some stories, hope all goes well ??

Yorksherlass Mon 24-Jun-19 15:29:33

Ps no idea where the square came from ?!

Gonegirl Mon 24-Jun-19 15:32:09

Blackbird shrieking singing his loud song as usual. Little robin visiting every now and again. Sun getting quite hot now. Nice little breeze? Mock Orange Blossom smelling smelling nice. Me reading National Trust Cookbook with no intention whatsoever of cooking anything from it. DH just arrived home so he can make me a cuppa. #Godsinhisheaven

Yorksherlass Mon 24-Jun-19 15:32:43

Pps there was a square after the thumbs up, or did I dream it?

Gonegirl Mon 24-Jun-19 15:33:20

Weather encouraging typos. hmm

Wobbles Mon 24-Jun-19 15:33:35

Grey and humid here in Norfolk.
I'm watching 2 men taking down scaffolding hurriedly before the rain starts.

crazyH Mon 24-Jun-19 15:33:49

Grey skies here in Wales.

merlotgran Mon 24-Jun-19 15:36:27

It's very close, threatening to rain and some distant rumbles of thunder so I'm getting the candles/gas lamps ready just in case of a power cut.

I've come in from the garden as I need to start a batch of gooseberry and elderflower wine. DH has mashed the fruit so I've got to get on with it!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 24-Jun-19 15:38:37

It' been drizzly and the sky is white. I had to rescue the washing earlier and it is on the clothes horses in here - my office/sewing/laundry room. It smells nice and fresh.

Katek Mon 24-Jun-19 15:40:23

NE Scotland and guess what .........rain!

M0nica Mon 24-Jun-19 15:41:46

It is lovely and sunny here in Occupied North Berkshire (currently called Oxfordshire). There is a slight breeze that is ruffling the leaves, school has finished for the day and it is beautifully quiet, no-one around, Oh, a dog and its owner has just wandered by. Trees, peace and our lavender hedge. That is what we bought the house for.

paddyann Mon 24-Jun-19 15:42:23

Heavy rain and thunder on Loch Lomondside ,our kittens were in the garden when the rain started and decided climbing a tree was the way to avoid it...until the thunder happened and you have never seen anything move so fast in your life.They were through the house and up the stairs in jig time,one hiding in the dolls pram and one in a drawer that was open waiting for newly ironed bedding .I'm just glad the ebdding wasn't in it as a wet cat wouldn't have done it any good at all ...lol

Urmstongran Mon 24-Jun-19 16:11:23

Oh Gonegirl. “Me reading National Trust Cookbook with no intention whatsoever of cooking anything from it. ”

That’s made me laugh out loud - something I actually don’t do very often - I usually just smile at anything amusing!

Thank you for the best chuckle of the day! Very witty.
?

ginny Mon 24-Jun-19 16:16:33

Warm and muggy in N. Bucks. Looks like the clouds are gathering though.

Sar53 Mon 24-Jun-19 16:18:13

I'm just back from looking after 2 year old step grandchildren, I really did need eyes in the back of my head !!! It's cloudy here in Essex by the sea but oh so humid. I hate humidity with a vengeance. I can hear birds but not much else.

Gonegirl Mon 24-Jun-19 16:18:15

Urmstongran ?

Urmstongran Mon 24-Jun-19 16:23:56

I shall be looking out for your posts in future Gonegirl (on the non political threads obv!) hoping for more humour.

No pressure ....
?

Eloethan Mon 24-Jun-19 16:28:09

Very warm, in fact humid. Sunny one minute, dull the next. A few spots of rain. (East London)

silverlining48 Mon 24-Jun-19 16:43:31

Just arrived today for a short birthday break in a holiday rental by the sea. It had been lovely up to today, but now (we are here) the sun has been replaced by grey skies and it’s spit spotting with rain. People are scurrying past our Windows with Brolly's and a big Storm is forecast for tomorrow. Then grey and miserable again the next day. Oh joy. Then we go home and the sun is forecast to return

jogginggirl Mon 24-Jun-19 16:43:36

I am in holiday in Clifden, near Galway? We have just driven the Sky Loop Road. Sun is out, gentle breeze - heaven ☀️

Septimia Mon 24-Jun-19 16:49:12

Low cloud and rain on and off on Mainland Orkney. Yesterday on North Ronaldsay we had warm sun, blue skies, long white sandy beaches and tropical blue sea - didn't try paddling as I bet it was freezing.
Just a few more days here, forecast is for cloudy but dry whereas we had a lot of sun last week.

Willow500 Mon 24-Jun-19 16:49:33

I'm on the East Coast today and it's been pouring down on and off - luckily it was 'off' while a window fitter was working. Some friends are having their roof replaced today - I bet it started as soon as they got the roof off! shock

Juliette Mon 24-Jun-19 16:58:07

The sun has been out oh so briefly, back to humid and overcast. Puthery is how it’s described here in N. Staffs.

The children are home from school, no one playing outside but I can here the two little boys a few doors down having what sounds like fun until it all ends in tears.

Apart from that “All’s quiet on the Western Front”

JenniferEccles Mon 24-Jun-19 17:01:00

Light clouds here in the Home Counties interspersed with some hazy sun at times.

The forecast here is for possibly hours of heavy rain tonight but the ground is quite dry so it is needed for the gardens.

Urmstongran Mon 24-Jun-19 17:06:44

Oh silverlining48 that’s just pants! Get yourself out for a large glass of something nice to cheer yourselves up on your holiday.
??