Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Wed 26-Jun-19 06:19:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but dry and windy this morning in Brackley , after yesterdays day out in what I could call Monsoon weather , warm rain but like having a shower outside.
Hoping to do my cemetery trip today, plus small shop.
Mick

EllanVannin Wed 26-Jun-19 09:00:16

Good Morning All x
Not the best of days again with a grey sky and a cool breeze.
The bloomin' crows have been noisy this morning drowning out the lovelier sound of the usual songbirds.

Paperwork to sort and tidy. I don't know where it all comes from, but must get another shredder. I know my water bill is amongst the pile somewhere so will phone that through today before I forget.

I expect to see the GGC this weekend as GD is off to Glastonbury to see Oasis who she's followed since they first appeared on the scene. She's been a few times as well as Creamfields -where her and her brother were drenched last year as it poured down and GS lost his wallet.

Hope everyone's day goes as planned.

Sprout Wed 26-Jun-19 09:14:53

Morning Mick and all. I hope you like your shower outside fully dressed otherwise you could be in trouble just joking Mick. Well same weather here in Kent just not so humid. Lunch with my pals ( ladies that lunch today ) some good banter which is good for the soul. Then walking the dogs so hope rain stays away. Have a good day everyone

aggie Wed 26-Jun-19 09:36:46

sunny Good Morning to you all , the sun is actually sifted through high cloud but at least it isn't raining wink

Justme67 Wed 26-Jun-19 09:45:56

Good morning all, just popping in to see how you all are, and let you know I am still around. Not enjoying this weather at all, too stuffy for me, but a good excuse to sit and do nothing, getting good at that. Take care

Legs55 Wed 26-Jun-19 10:02:10

Good morning all from a very grey Devon, looks & feels like a repeat of yesterday, humid & at the moment no sign of the promised rain.

Housework today as I've just heard I'm having a couple of windows replaced tomorrow, they only rang yesterday to say they were coming, short notice but I will be glad to be able to open bathroom & bedroom windows.

gillybob Wed 26-Jun-19 10:34:04

Ooops I just posted this on the Good Morning Tuesday thread by mistake. I think I am cracking up but I am so relieved it is actually Wednesday !

A very late good morning from the North East. A very hectic start to the day and not a second of spare time to post. What with the breakfast café, uniforms, PE kits, teeth bushing and everything else in between there's barely time to draw breath. School runs were a bit more hectic than usual as the country roads were flooded. We were almost late for the buzzer at the primary but just made it in line. Then a mad dash up to "this place" . Everyone out on site now so its just little old me on my own for the rest of the day. If it weren't for the company of the GN family I think I would go mad !

Have a good Wednesday all. x

PS weather still rubbish here in the North East. Grey skies and damp.

GabriellaG54 Wed 26-Jun-19 11:19:01

Hi everyone ??
On the phone most of this grey, muggy, breathless morning after my usual run at 06.30.
I plan to visit Winkworth Arboretum this afternoon and take some photos. There's a nice cafe and it's only a 13 minute bus ride from home.
I hope all GNers have a wonderful day and can get out and about after the deluge...and for those staying in...
flowersbrewcupcake

Urmstongran Wed 26-Jun-19 11:21:35

Hello Justme good to have you with us! You’re right, this muggy weather doesn’t encourage much movement does it? Mind you I am lazy ....

It’s 11:20am I’ve had a delicious cooked breakfast, coffee but I’m still in my pjs. Oh dear. Need to jump in the shower now, the bus downstairs is at noon!

gillybob Wed 26-Jun-19 11:23:56

What a beautiful scene GabriellaG . I love the reflection of the trees on the water. smile

GabriellaG54 Wed 26-Jun-19 12:01:25

Thanks gillybob smile
That pic was taken last Autumn.
I might post a photo of today's visit on here tomorrow. I sometimes take a book and a small picnic and find a nook where I can have a couple of hours silence in the fresh air.

gillybob Wed 26-Jun-19 12:04:53

Sounds like heaven Gabriella I really does. Such a simple thing to do too. Enjoy it, I'm only a teensy bit envy